Apr 10, 2013, 01:19 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc
Wow, this way you don't have to invert video in GoPro Waterproof case
Question HGT: Did you invert vertically the props?
I inverted the props
Inverted the NAZA
Had to switch the motor wiring on 1-2 / 3-4 as when it is up side down they are not correctly positioned
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2013, 01:20 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Wow, this way you don't have to invert video in GoPro Waterproof case
Question HGT: Did you invert vertically the props?
I inverted the props
Inverted the NAZA
Had to switch the motor wiring on 1-2 / 3-4 as when it is up side down they are not correctly positioned.

I have been having so much fun flying it this way that I still haven't taken it back apart to fix the LED and reverse it.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:21 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR
I purchased my Phantom from DSLR PRo's. Just received two replacement motors in the mail last night to replace the two motors that have bad bearings. So far so good in my book with service and communication.
DJI is taking care of its distributors, that is what's most important.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:30 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
Ah thanks, hadn't seen that video. I'm guessing the other pot is X2 then probably.
The other pot is fixed.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:39 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbip57

However, even a perfectly balanced prop is still going to create vibration. There's no such thing as a "jello-free prop".
A balanced prop and motor will create a gyro and actually stabilize the quad.
We will all have to wait and see what the new props look like or what has been done as the camera its self is mostly responsible for the Jello
Apr 10, 2013, 01:46 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning
I inverted the props
Inverted the NAZA
Had to switch the motor wiring on 1-2 / 3-4 as when it is up side down they are not correctly positioned
That's what I said!

I had to do similar to make a U816 LB-sized quad fly upside down, although I had to invert the entire legs+motors and swap them as you can't invert the props. The main body stayed upright (same as you flipping the whole thing and then inverting the Naza)
Last edited by Brandigan; Apr 10, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:49 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
What they meant was there will be only "6" variations of a flashing LED to identify issues.
I don't know how you know what they mean, but this is what they said about 4/5 flashes:

"They means the same. The only solution is IMU calibration. If that does not work, you need to contact your dealer for after sale service directly. We will unify it as 6 flashes in next firmware to avoid confusion."

I read that as they will make 4 or 5 show as 6 instead in next firmware.

And then they can avoid telling is what 4 or 5 flashes actually means.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:53 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan
That's what I said!

I had to do similar to make a U816 LB-sized quad fly upside down, although I had to invert the entire legs+motors and swap them as you can't invert the props.
You added this: (which also effectively swaps CW<>CCW as the motors spin the other way)

Moving the ESC wiring does not make the motors change rotation.
Otherwise you had it nailed.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:56 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan
I don't know how you know what they mean, but this is what they said about 4/5 flashes:

"They means the same. The only solution is IMU calibration. If that does not work, you need to contact your dealer for after sale service directly. We will unify it as 6 flashes in next firmware to avoid confusion."

I read that as they will make 4 or 5 show as 6 instead in next firmware.

And then they can avoid telling is what 4 or 5 flashes actually means.
What they did say was: they are going to 'unify' the different light signals in the next firmware, so there will only ever be only 6 flashes to 'make it less confusing'.

This is what I am referring to as fewer (codes) as I call them. Each color and flash is a different code that can be looked up.

Unify was not the best term to use.
Apr 10, 2013, 02:11 PM
Plus Pilot
Quote:
I inverted the props
Inverted the NAZA
In your list is missing: "Disconnect Compass or GPS"?.

What about send your "Inverted Phantom Easy Flight" video to DJI ? give Collin's team some additional to "innovate" around. (not send how to... )
Apr 10, 2013, 02:19 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamen
It's not ranting, I am telling people what to expect. I am pretty sure a lot of people will take the CEO's word in good faith. All I am saying is if you want jello free video, you gotta do everything I mentioned, not just change out the props. People would probably go out and buy this "miracle prop" if that's all they heard. At least if people search for it they will have access to the correct information. Not the CEO's false claim.

Also guys, regarding the gimbal. You are paying 1k for a GoPro3 ONLY gimbal. Keep that in mind. When the GP4 comes out (in about half a year) you will need a NEW gimbal. With the alexmos solution all you will need to do is change out the front plate (in Viacopter's BL gimbal).

The Alexmos gimbal is easier/faster to use/attach than the DJI gimbal. All you need is power, with the DJI you need to open the shell, connect the wires, etc. The only wire you need to connect with the Alexmos is the power lead that's in the legs.
However you want to paint it, it is Ranting and false information

These are your assumptions based on NO personal experience. You own neither gimbal and are touting how much better one is then the other.

Members here can think for themselves and make their own decisions.
Regarding needing a whole new Gimbal if the GoPro changes could not be more false.

The DJI Gimbal frame is a small part of the whole offering and can easily be changed and I will bet DJI will be the first to know if a different sized "GoPro X" will release. The GP3 is the same size, length and width as the previous GoPro's, only thinner so the piggy-back accessories still fit.

Apr 10, 2013, 02:20 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
In your list is missing: "Disconnect Compass or GPS"?.

What about send your "Inverted Phantom Easy Flight" video to DJI ? give Collin's team some additional to "innovate" around. (not send how to... )
Compass is still connected and GPS is working but I flew in ATTI mode.
I did do a manual compass re-cal so I should have added that but don't know if it was needed.
Apr 10, 2013, 02:22 PM

Ultimate jello solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbip57
That whole jello-free prop story is obvious nonsense.

Jello is caused by vibration and how that affects cameras with a rolling shutter, like the GoPro. A perfectly balanced, vibration-free, propeller will for sure create less jello in the camera. It's definitely worth the effort to balance your props and motors. But after just one crash, taking a nick out of a prop blade, it ain't gonna be perfectly balanced any more.

However, even a perfectly balanced prop is still going to create vibration. There's no such thing as a "jello-free prop".

Even if the props and motors could all be perfectly balanced, both in a static and dynamic sense, there is still going to be a pulse generated every time a prop blade passes over the Phantom body shell. The outboard blade is flying out in free space, whereas the inboard blade of the prop is flying in "ground-effect" as it passes in close proximity over the Phantom's arm. That source of vibration cannot be cured, unless you find some way to raise the props well clear of the Phantom body.

Moongel, sorbothane, isolation mounts of various stiffness, etc, can all be tuned very effectively to absorb vibrations of one particular frequency, and harmonics thereof, if you happen to know what that frequency will be. It's relatively easy to predict with a 2-bladed prop rotating at a known rpm. Two pulses per revolution, multiplied by rpm.

If you change the rpm, or number of blades, obviously the vibration frequency changes. The sorbothane that worked perfectly to isolate and cancel the vibration at the previous frequency, now might resonate at the new frequency and actually amplify the vibration.

Our quadcopters have four props, with two blades each, meaning 8 individual pulses of vibration for every combined rotation of the props. It would be really nice if those 8 pulses were spread evenly apart creating only small single pulses at high-frequency (8 small pulses per combined revolution x rpm).

But it's just as possible that four blades could simultaneously pass over the Phantom body shell, causing a pulse that's four times as big at a frequency of only 2 times per combined revolution.

Worse yet, our props are hardly ever going to be rotating synchronized in phase with each other, or hardly ever at the same rpm as each other. So good luck trying to solve that source of vibration.
After watching, reading, comprehending all that is involved, reducing jello during these sophisticated aerial video's I have developed a solution that completly resolves it. Available now for $99.99. Wait why not just give it away. Here it is! Simply eliminate all thrust,click the shudder and pan your camera in any and all angles and note the high quality clear images. Folks for me this now jello thread has become a real red harring. Enjoy your jello and turn the page. humbley,donnie
Apr 10, 2013, 02:31 PM
Why is DJI introducing a new phantom when you can't even get parts for the first one. My mount ( the white piece that screws to the phantom body) that holds the gopro frame is breaking and won't be able to use it much longer. Many others are grounded because they can't get parts. When is the ship coming in with our parts?
Apr 10, 2013, 02:32 PM

Right on

Quote:
However you want to paint it, it is Ranting and false information

These are your assumptions based on NO personal experience. You own neither gimbal and are touting how much better one is then the other.

Members here can think for themselves and make their own decisions.
Regarding needing a whole new Gimbal if the GoPro changes could not be more false.

The DJI Gimbal frame is a small part of the whole offering and can easily be changed and I will bet DJI will be the first to know if a different sized "GoPro X" will release. The GP3 is the same size, length and width as the previous GoPro's, only thinner so the piggy-back accessories still fit.

Mr. HGT. donnie

Quick Reply