Mar 16, 2013, 06:25 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Where are those Phantom and TX graphics that used to be on e-bay?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2013, 06:26 PM
I have tried making them loose before and still had jello sadly. I will try once again but at the moment trying to get this stuck Zinger off with no luck. I didn't tighten the Zingers that hard but this one is stuck on like super glue and will not at all come off. Even my Dutch friend who weighs like 230 pounds, is 6"7 and is literally a massive guy couldn't remove it.
Mar 16, 2013, 06:28 PM

Noob guide to Phantom

I found this on YouTube. Noob guide to Phantom starts at 2:20. Most of us don't need this, but might be helpful for some...
200 Beginner tips Quadcopters pt1 (DJI Phantom) (24 min 3 sec)
Mar 16, 2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravia3D
I have tried making them loose before and still had jello sadly. I will try once again but at the moment trying to get this stuck Zinger off with no luck. I didn't tighten the Zingers that hard but this one is stuck on like super glue and will not at all come off. Even my Dutch friend who weighs like 230 pounds, is 6"7 and is literally a massive guy couldn't remove it.
Well you didn't install it correctly. You are missing parts. It was designed that way for a reason. Your's is not set up correctly. I get ZERO jello from mine, but I have the GoPro Hero HD, not the BE with 2.7k.

Here is a picture of how much to tighten the 4 mounting bolts. It also shows the dampeners that you are missing.

Mar 16, 2013, 06:40 PM
AMA 937634
@HGT

I can only find ads where they've sold out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-...-/360610434597

... and his store doesn't isn't carrying them any more. Weird. http://www.pchobbies.com

-Mike
Mar 16, 2013, 06:44 PM
Beamen, looking at your photos compared to the instructions it seems you have it wrong and mine is right! I am looking at the instructions and mine is 100% like it is. Though I do need to loosen where the bras inserts are.

On Gary's site you can clearly see the photos of his, and that is how mine is set up. You have your white silicon tubing in the wrong spot.
Mar 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
Harrison Ford Flight School
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUCD VPR
The part list will depend on what your specifically looking for. I'd be happy to post what I am using and help answer any questions to the best of my ability - My Goal is to get some long range FPV flights. SO I purchased the below components:

Fat Shark Dominator Goggles - http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=19445

Fat Shark Headset Battery - http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=20651

Fat Shark 5.8ghz MODULE
- http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...z_Module_.html
(I forgot to order this as it DOES NOT come with the DOMINATOR goggles, so I purchased it from hobby wireless but you can get it from Hobbyking also)

5.8 Ghz ImmersionRC 600mw VTX
- 5.8Ghz ImmersionRC Audio/Video Transmitter - FatShark compatible (600mw)
(You can purchase from gothelirc or from Hobbyking whichever has them in stock, i'm sure a few other places have them as well)

GoPro Hero2 Plug Go Pro 1, 2 FPV 2.5mm AV cable ready for FPV - Ordered it from gothelirc (specifically the one for the GPHero 2, a GPHero3 needs a different connector that they sell as well)

1 x 5.8 GHz Circular Wireless Omni TX/RX Skew Planar Wheel Combo (58G-CW-SPW-COMBO) - Ordered from Readymaderc (with my set up, I needed specifically the "58G-CW-SPW-COMBO" part #.

Hope this helps someone!

The HOW TO HOOK UP: (With my components listed above ONLY)

Antennas screw into (Dominator 5.8Ghz Module) and (Immersionrc 600mw vtx.)

I used the POWER WIRE that is located inside the Phantom to power my Immersionrc 600mw vtx, the grey power wire I am speaking about.... sticks slightly out of the right front landing slit (you can open the shell to find it also it is a LOOSE grey wire with NO connector).
The Immersionrc 600mw VTX comes with a 2 pin Black/red wire connector. that connects to the Phantoms loose power wire: Cponnect below:

GREY - RED
BLACK - BLACK

Then I have the gothelirc GoPro Hero2 Connector.

Connected to the Immersion 600mw VTX.

Go Pro gothelirc connectors -WHITE/RED are basically reversed on the gothelirc GoPro H2 cable. so connect as show below.

Immersion YELLOW - Go Pro WHITE (only for gothleirc GoPro Her2 connector)
Immersion WHITE - Go Pro RED (only for gothleirc GoPro Her2 connector)
Immersion BLACK - Go Pro BLACK
Immersion RED - UNUSED
Immersion GREEN - UNUSED

I actually soldered all wires together and put shrink wrap on them to make it look all nice and clean.

Simply Power on your TX, (always THE first thing)
Plug in your Dominator Goggles Battery (switch them on (button underneath)
Turn on your Go Pro to VIDEO
Plug in a Battery to the Phantom and BAM video feed!
It's nice to see all the needed components listed out together, along with the brief how-to information.
One question: What was the approximate total cost of the items? That will help me determine if FPV is something I want to add later on.
Mar 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Beamen, looking at your photos compared to the instructions it seems you have it wrong and mine is right! I am looking at the instructions and mine is 100% like it is. Though I do need to loosen where the bras inserts are.

On Gary's site you can clearly see the photos of his, and that is how mine is set up. You have your white silicon tubing in the wrong spot.
No. Mine is right. Here is a picture of your's and Gary's.

You are missing: washer/dampener/washer.
Mar 16, 2013, 06:55 PM
Harrison Ford Flight School
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning

Thanks! Everything we can do to keep this hobby legit is a good thing!
Mar 16, 2013, 07:01 PM
Beamen, sorry that was an old photo I posted where it was wrong. My new photos I posted are correctly matching the photo on Gary's site and instructions. But I need to loosen the screws. My white silicon tubing is kinda crappy and small, Gary's photo shows it looks much bigger and thicker.

Mar 16, 2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Beamen, sorry that was an old photo I posted where it was wrong. My new photos I posted are correctly matching the photo on Gary's site and instructions. But I need to loosen the screws. My white silicon tubing is kinda crappy and small, Gary's photo shows it looks much bigger and thicker.
You have also over-tightened the white dampeners. Only 2 threads should be showing after the nut. Look at my/Gary's photos again. Look how much bigger the white dampeners are.

No wonder you are getting jello, you have taken away all the dampening in the whole mount by over tightening everything.
Mar 16, 2013, 07:22 PM
As I have mentioned though, I have tried loosing them, tightening, a combination of both and still get jello shooting at 2.7k 30fps. Your using an older GoPro shooting at lower resolution, if I use my GoPro Hero I get zero jello also, or if I shoot at 1080p 60fps. But I am shooting 2.7k and getting the jello no matter what I do, loosing, tightening.. It doe's not matter.

I bought this to shoot at 2.7k, not 1080p as I want more resolution for my videos.
Mar 16, 2013, 07:35 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
I am a plank flyer that is very good. I have flown a 500 size heli and was half a*s at it. I have also flown a few different small mini quads and am sorta O.K. I want this Phantom..... Think if I go slow I can pull it off? Just want to do some slow flying and maybe a little go-pro stuff. Dave/zeezee
Mar 16, 2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
As I have mentioned though, I have tried loosing them, tightening, a combination of both and still get jello shooting at 2.7k 30fps. Your using an older GoPro shooting at lower resolution, if I use my GoPro Hero I get zero jello also, or if I shoot at 1080p 60fps. But I am shooting 2.7k and getting the jello no matter what I do, loosing, tightening.. It doe's not matter.

I bought this to shoot at 2.7k, not 1080p as I want more resolution for my videos.
I see. But still, install it correctly. All of the things I have pointed our are in the manual. So loosen all the nuts so the white dampeners are the correct height and loosen the 4 long bolts, like I posted. Then you know the mount is good.

Have you balanced the hubs of the props correctly? You should be able to set the prop in the balancer at ANY angle and it should stay put. If it settles horizontally the hubs are off. Use CA with kicker on the light side until you get it 100%.

If you still have jello, remove the shell and balance the motors. All of my motors were unbalanced. This also helps a lot.

If your Phantom has more vibrations than what is the norm you will still get jello, no matter what. A mount can only do so much.
Mar 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks Beamen, will loosen them again and give it some more tries. Question, what is CA with kicker mean?

Quick Reply