Mar 12, 2013, 02:47 PM
Made in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkalika
Is it normal? Have you ever had this issue as well?
Depending on temperature (at least at my 2C° down here) stability improves after a few minutes (1-3) flight, even after correct warm up at the ground. Although the Phantom hovers pretty stable, do not expect perfect stay within a 20cm range..
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc
Aw man, I just sat through that entire video waiting for the money shot, but it's not included.

Where's the video that shows the Phantom hitting the tree on the right edge of the frame, then nearly taking his head off as it careens wildly across the yard, then tangles in the big tree on the left before dropping over the fence into the neighbour's yard?

This guy is trying for a Darwin Award.
Mar 12, 2013, 04:11 PM
Made in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbip57
Aw man, I just sat through that entire video waiting for the money shot, but it's not included.
You should have seen the directors cut, which included an ad for a garden service .

Message was: Dont waste your time and money on boring toys.

While you get nicely dressed up, we clean up your garden including waste disposal.

Last edited by gervais; Mar 12, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
Mar 12, 2013, 04:17 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by para5063
Hmmm, I think the usage is "fringe benefit"

I thought he was referring to kissing!
Mar 12, 2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FITandFUEL
Thought I would share my latest attempt at buzzing around. This time I shot at 2.7k and I tried Mercalli dozens of times and it kept crashing on two particular frames... searched all over and tried a ton of different settings and nothing helped. Gave up and tried warp and after 7 hours of analysis and rendering I think the results are pretty decent. I'll upload the original 2.7k to my youtube channel once it renders out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HQz5...ature=youtu.be
Fantastic work.
Mar 12, 2013, 04:28 PM
Flying Phantom
Quote:
Thought I would share my latest attempt at buzzing around. This time I shot at 2.7k and I tried Mercalli dozens of times and it kept crashing on two particular frames... searched all over and tried a ton of different settings and nothing helped. Gave up and tried warp and after 7 hours of analysis and rendering I think the results are pretty decent. I'll upload the original 2.7k to my youtube channel once it renders out.

I reall did enjoy that one!
awesome :-)
you have developed a very nice "style" both in flying and recording the Video, but also in colour correcting the Clip!
this looks really good and also remids me of how capable the Hero 3 is :-)
keep up this stuff, i am missing Videos on here anyways, since so much discussions have stated, drifting away from what actually brought us together here: having fun flying and being fascinated by the moments we are able to capture with the phantom

Alex
Mar 12, 2013, 04:38 PM
Made in Germany
So why dont you open up a Phantom Video Thread ? Then you do not need to drift away to boring tech topics...
Mar 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbip57

Where's the video that shows the Phantom hitting the tree on the right edge of the frame, then nearly taking his head off as it careens wildly across the yard, then tangles in the big tree on the left before dropping over the fence into the neighbour's yard?

This guy is trying for a Darwin Award.
Mar 12, 2013, 04:47 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by gervais
So why dont you open up a Phantom Video Thread ? Then you do not need to drift away to boring tech topics...
I had mentioned this some time ago...

The Good
The Bad
And the Ugly Darwin award cantidates
Mar 12, 2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex84
I reall did enjoy that one!
awesome :-)
you have developed a very nice "style" both in flying and recording the Video, but also in colour correcting the Clip!
this looks really good and also remids me of how capable the Hero 3 is :-)
keep up this stuff, i am missing Videos on here anyways, since so much discussions have stated, drifting away from what actually brought us together here: having fun flying and being fascinated by the moments we are able to capture with the phantom

Alex
Quote:

In your Youtube info for the video, you mentioned you had to replace a "iffy motor." What happened? and where did you order the motor?
Mar 12, 2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks Guys! Problem is now I have a video backlog, I need to work on improving my workflow! I appreciate the support. And a Phantom video thread sounds like a fine idea.

JC - I assume I banged up the motor in a crash, but I'm honestly not sure. All I know is that it sounded weird and when I powered down the quad that motor stopped spinning in about half the time it took for the others to stop. I happen to have an extra motor from a warranty return on an ESC when I first got the Phantom (crashed into a pool). The ESC came with a motor which I kept as a spare. The problem with the motor didn't seem to effect image quality, just reduced flight times slightly.
Mar 12, 2013, 05:08 PM
Thank you!
Mar 12, 2013, 05:16 PM
Pointy end up.
Created a DJI Phantom video thread post away!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1850398
Mar 12, 2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Thanks Guys! Problem is now I have a video backlog, I need to work on improving my workflow! I appreciate the support. And a Phantom video thread sounds like a fine idea.

JC - I assume I banged up the motor in a crash, but I'm honestly not sure. All I know is that it sounded weird and when I powered down the quad that motor stopped spinning in about half the time it took for the others to stop. I happen to have an extra motor from a warranty return on an ESC when I first got the Phantom (crashed into a pool). The ESC came with a motor which I kept as a spare. The problem with the motor didn't seem to effect image quality, just reduced flight times slightly.
I see. I set my alarm at 5Mins of FPV flying, and when I return about a minute or 2 later I get the LED voltage alarm. How long is your average FPV flight?
Mar 12, 2013, 05:51 PM
good till the first drop
i need some help in getting a fpv setup without goggles anyone have a link to what they are using that works ? without messing with the tx,s 2.4 . thanks
Last edited by lesodell; Mar 12, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply