Feb 25, 2013, 07:03 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Plugging in something that receives power cannot kill something that feeds power unless you plug things in wrong that somehow refeed that power INTO the item that feeds power. .
Not true... If a device being powered by a device supplying the current has too low of resistance or the powering device cannot handle the current flow, The powering device can be damaged. The NAZA is not fused nor is the wiring to the servos.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2013, 07:06 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztravels View Post
Hi Mcrites. You ask a good question which I don't have the answer for other than that other users have experienced the same thing. As an update Tony has been in contact with me and has kindly offered a refund the purchase and more importantly check the Naza and replace it under warranty. I think this is a very professional response and I hope his testing of the Naza may shed some light on all our questions and possibly add to the collective knowledge of this forum. Happy flying!
I would like to get some resistance measurements and current draw specs from these servos so others do not have this issue. DJI should post the specs that the servos need to fall within.
Feb 25, 2013, 07:23 PM
The servo is branded HITec -5245MG if that is any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
I would like to get some resistance measurements and current draw specs from these servos so others do not have this issue. DJI should post the specs that the servos need to fall within.
Feb 25, 2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
Nice info Keith.

So, what goes on first? (or who's on first?)

Do put the washer on first, then the eProp, and the M6 nyloc?

And how much do you tighten that nyloc nut?

Just firm and really ratchet it down?
I placed the washer between the motor and the bottom of the prop. The nyloc nut, of course, goes on top. I torqued the nut until it was snug and the prop could not be rotated on the motor shaft. A slight amount of thread should protrude through the nylon for the nut to be effective.

I also have an F550 and have flown it with no prop issue using the same procedure for a number of months.
Feb 25, 2013, 07:41 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
thanks for taking the time to respond.
Feb 25, 2013, 07:43 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztravels View Post
The servo is branded HITec -5245MG if that is any help.
If Tony or anyone else wants to send me one I will take it's measurements and see what its requirements are.

What would be nice is if someone has one that is not bothering their NAZA and one that is. I am suspecting the current draw of the HITec -5245MG is right at the NAZA's limits.
Feb 25, 2013, 07:55 PM
So I was flying inside until the weather got a bit less snowy/wet and today I took my Phantom outside for a true flight test and it kept drifting to the right non-stop. The stick was neutral, about 8 feet off the ground it it continually drifted to the right. I did the pre-flight compass calibration (360 degrees, then 360 nose down).

any idea on why it's drifting like that?
Feb 25, 2013, 08:01 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaskan View Post
So I was flying inside until the weather got a bit less snowy/wet and today I took my Phantom outside for a true flight test and it kept drifting to the right non-stop. The stick was neutral, about 8 feet off the ground it it continually drifted to the right. I did the pre-flight compass calibration (360 degrees, then 360 nose down).

any idea on why it's drifting like that?
GPS mode or ATTI mode?
Flashing GREEN LED indicator?
What was the cloud cover like?
Feb 25, 2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
GPS mode or ATTI mode?
Flashing GREEN LED indicator?
What was the cloud cover like?
Atti mode...and i'd fly to the left, it'd slowly come to a stop. Then with zero wind, it'd drift right again.. slowly.
Green flashing 1..then 3 quick bursts.
hardly any cloud cover.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:31 PM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
It will not hold position in ATTI mode, only GPS mode.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
It will not hold position in ATTI mode, only GPS mode.
Yeah, I get that part, but in general, will the copter drift like that? Completely neutral, it just wants to drift to the right.. again, no wind. I understand that in GPS it will attempt to realign itself, which would cause it to drift back into position, but this seems like the stick is slightly leaned to one side.. enough that I have to keep correcting it.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellaskan View Post
Yeah, I get that part, but in general, will the copter drift like that? Completely neutral, it just wants to drift to the right.. again, no wind. I understand that in GPS it will attempt to realign itself, which would cause it to drift back into position, but this seems like the stick is slightly leaned to one side.. enough that I have to keep correcting it.
It could be balance, prop balance or calibration. I would check your prop balance and then do an advance calibration on the accelerometers/gyros. It may help.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:53 PM
not crazy, dont play one on tv
How level was your phantom when you powered it up?
I bubble level everything...from playing with lady bird and max, qr1, lady bug, and x650 all need level on initializing those quads, so I do it with the dji phantom.
Feb 25, 2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Why not lug it in. You embarrassed??? Man up and do what is right.

Your right Tahoe Ed. Thanks for that idea. You're a big help buddy.
Feb 25, 2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly5789 View Post
Your right Tahoe Ed. Thanks for that idea. You're a big help buddy.
Yea I am an a$$ sometimes but really just do it. Make sure that you that you do not fubar the aluminum threads. Also you will need a 8mm washer to go with the nut.

Quick Reply