Dec 09, 2018, 10:30 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
I was thinking it would be interesting to get the new GoPro with the built in image stabilization and see how it looks. From what I have seen of the the new GoPro it might look pretty good.

So crazy to think we were flying around with the old GoPro and no gimbal and no video down link for a while there. It was ok for pics but video was garbage.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2018, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
It was also nice getting batteries for $20. I fact I think I could get them for less than that on sale. I would have to look back at my old posts or old records to see.
Yup. And being able to use the same programmable charger for everything.

I think the real money maker has been in the unique battery form factor for each craft. The chemicals on the aluminium sheets is all the same.

Inside a Drone Battery Factory in China (15 min 40 sec)
Dec 09, 2018, 11:07 AM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
Yup. And being able to use the same programmable charger for everything.

I think the real money maker has been in the unique battery form factor for each craft. The chemicals on the aluminium sheets is all the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JivACPT4tcg
I think you are right. DJI could probably be a very successful company if all they did was sell batteries from now on at the prices they sell them at.

That was an interesting video. I thought it was funny when the robot crashed into the wall.

But I really feel bad for the workers. For one thing it was scary when the guy said how strongly he could smell the chemicals. Thatís got to be bad for your health long-term.
Also sad to see how they live right next to the factory. And how they have a cafeteria and eat their meals right there at the factory.
Itís almost like they are indentured servants!

I mean I knew it was bad in China, this certainly isnít the first Iíve heard of this kind of stuff, but it was just eye-opening to see it again in this video.
Dec 09, 2018, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
That was an interesting video. I thought it was funny when the robot crashed into the wall.

But I really feel bad for the workers. For one thing it was scary when the guy said how strongly he could smell the chemicals. Thatís got to be bad for your health long-term.
Also sad to see how they live right next to the factory. And how they have a cafeteria and eat their meals right there at the factory.
Itís almost like they are indentured servants!

I mean I knew it was bad in China, this certainly isnít the first Iíve heard of this kind of stuff, but it was just eye-opening to see it again in this video.
Yeah. Reminds me of the "company towns" that the US had growing up. Seems pretty bleak.
Dec 10, 2018, 10:51 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
I do still have it!

The last time I flew it was 1 1/2 years ago though. It is a good reminder of how far these craft have come.

It's a classic and I messed around with all kinds of mods on it. Plus, it has manual mode! Could you imagine all the crash videos if manual mode was still an option on the newer craft!
Messing around with getting "good videos" on the P1 brings back some great memories.... I eventually got some "nice" AV with a custom made isolation mount I made for a small Mobius camera I bought.

Still have both of my P1's, two Mobius cameras and a handful of flight batteries....

P.S. By chance do you remember a poster on the original P1 thread named Elgano (sp??) ... remember learning a lot from his posts.... never heard what happened to him.
Dec 10, 2018, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27

P.S. By chance do you remember a poster on the original P1 thread named Elgano (sp??) ... remember learning a lot from his posts.... never heard what happened to him.
I do indeed.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=494832
Dec 11, 2018, 08:25 AM
Open the bay doors... HAL
Quote:
Been a long time since he last posted ... miss his advice and tips.... <Sad Face>
Dec 13, 2018, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
I was thinking it would be interesting to get the new GoPro with the built in image stabilization and see how it looks. From what I have seen of the the new GoPro it might look pretty good.

So crazy to think we were flying around with the old GoPro and no gimbal and no video down link for a while there. It was ok for pics but video was garbage.
RCSChim made a comparison (H7 vs YI4k) on an "old" (not a fast racer, but a "big" TBS Discovery, hard mounted) Drone.
Gopro 7 - no more JELLO? (vibrations, rolling shutter) (7 min 57 sec)
Last edited by Matt_V939; Dec 14, 2018 at 02:28 AM.
Dec 13, 2018, 05:37 PM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
RCSChim made a comparison (H& vs YI4k) on an "old" (not a fast racer, but a "big" TBS Discovery, hard mounted) Drone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cc26Grjmc4
Yeah that was what I expected. Big difference!

Thanks
Dec 13, 2018, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939
RCSChim made a comparison (H& vs YI4k) on an "old" (not a fast racer, but a "big" TBS Discovery, hard mounted) Drone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cc26Grjmc4
I would be interested in trying this on one of my waterproof quads. I saw the GP 7 Black for $399 with free $50 gift card. I was tempted.
Dec 14, 2018, 12:05 AM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
I would be interested in trying this on one of my waterproof quads. I saw the GP 7 Black for $399 with free $50 gift card. I was tempted.
Yeah, put it in itís waterproof case and it would be perfect.
Dec 14, 2018, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
Yeah, put it in itís waterproof case and it would be perfect.
It is waterproof without a case.
Dec 14, 2018, 01:21 PM
DWA
DWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by syotr
It is waterproof without a case.
Oh wow. Even better!

I have a friend that was doing some stuff with waterproof quads. I should find out if he knows about this. He probably does seems like nowadays I am the last one to know about things . Ha ha

Quick Reply