Oct 21, 2017, 10:58 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Don't take this the wrong way, but I find it amazing someone is actually buying a P1...just goes to show ya that even then they made a decent model that is still wanted in these days of bells and whistles and battle for the top. Haven't researched it, but didn't even know it was possible to buy a new P1, interesting
Last edited by Repaid1; Oct 21, 2017 at 11:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2017, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Don't take this the wrong way, but I find it amazing someone is actually buying a P1...just goes to show ya that even then they made a decent model that is still wanted in these days of bells and whistles and battle for the top. Haven't researched it, but didn't even know it was possible to buy a new P1, interesting
Who said anything about "new" ?
Oct 21, 2017, 04:41 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Gents,
Hehe... according to the RCG category/titles on the first page, this 2012 P1, and the P2 and P3 forums are still listed as New Products... So a new quadcopter and battery version about every year and a half.

...and for Magoo76, the P1 still flies fine, so enjoy. I keep several around for friends to learn on. When new it went for about $670 with a solid mount for a GoPro, but no camera or 3d gimbal of course. So a GoPro and a Zenmuse gimbal added about $500-$700 more. It has relatively short flight times when the extra weight of a gimbal/camera of only about 9 minutes, so set a timer and try to beat that time for enough reserve power for return landings. Note also that there were several versions of the Phantom 1 released in a short time period. From V1 to v1.1.1. Some of the differences:
Naza v2 flight controller- instead of v1
Dual antenna Futaba compatible D bus receiver- instead of PPM single antenna
Self tightening props with integrated spinners [nuts]. Tool to aid removal included.
A DJ6 transmitter marked v1.1.1 on the back. It has USB connectivity. Self centering sticks.

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Oct 21, 2017, 05:46 PM
Good info Jim !
Oct 21, 2017, 06:31 PM
The New DaVinci
Thanks All for the info, I don't need new with all the bells and whistles, I just want a nice stable platform to take pics/video's with. Thanks Guys.

Bob
Oct 23, 2017, 04:31 PM

Lipos out of charge question

Hi

I have a question that was posed to me about flight batteries on phantom 2.

They had charge at time of purchase but the quad and batteries sat unused.

The batteries now show no charge. I have never dealt with lipos that have lost there charge and the owner now wants to
Sit down with me ,assemble the phantom and try to charge these lipos .

Thoughts please

Thanks
Oct 23, 2017, 09:13 PM
Plus Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopyetz
Hi

I have a question that was posed to me about flight batteries on phantom 2.

They had charge at time of purchase but the quad and batteries sat unused.

The batteries now show no charge. I have never dealt with lipos that have lost there charge and the owner now wants to
Sit down with me ,assemble the phantom and try to charge these lipos .

Thoughts please

Thanks
Does the Lipo shows at least 1 green led on when pushing 1 time the power button ?
If not, may be it is dead. Try to double push the power button and keep button pushed with to test charge.
You could connect it to charger and wait few secondso to see if it starts to blink - charge. If past 1 minute and nothing happends... that is a dead battery
Oct 24, 2017, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc
Does the Lipo shows at least 1 green led on when pushing 1 time the power button ?
If not, may be it is dead. Try to double push the power button and keep button pushed with to test charge.
You could connect it to charger and wait few secondso to see if it starts to blink - charge. If past 1 minute and nothing happends... that is a dead battery
When he arrives Ill check thiis information against the batteries to see if they are actually dead,

Thank you for your help.
Dec 08, 2017, 04:09 PM
The New DaVinci

Phantom v1.1.1 into 1.5?

Hey all
I recently received a Phantom 1.1.1 and the first thing I noticed was the battery door was in the front, that big flat panel in the front of anything will cut into forward speed and battery usage, I heard that several people have turned the electronics around with out much problem but you have to unsolder the led's at the bottom of the arms. Then I heard about the 1.5 mod on putting the electronics into the bottom of a Phantom 2 and putting the P1 top on it allowing you to carry several batteries and or bigger batteries which is Great, I'm also wanting to put a mini osd and a 5.8 Ghz FPV cam and transmitter and a 2 axis gimble. Has anybody tried to do it and are there any problems seen by any more knowledgeable people. Thanks in advance.
Dec 08, 2017, 05:17 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo76
Hey all
I recently received a Phantom 1.1.1 and the first thing I noticed was the battery door was in the front, that big flat panel in the front of anything will cut into forward speed and battery usage, I heard that several people have turned the electronics around with out much problem but you have to unsolder the led's at the bottom of the arms. Then I heard about the 1.5 mod on putting the electronics into the bottom of a Phantom 2 and putting the P1 top on it allowing you to carry several batteries and or bigger batteries which is Great, I'm also wanting to put a mini osd and a 5.8 Ghz FPV cam and transmitter and a 2 axis gimble. Has anybody tried to do it and are there any problems seen by any more knowledgeable people. Thanks in advance.
Why do you want it to go fast? It's too big to drone race. Also, best videos are flown slowly. Turn it backwards? Then your status/battery/SAT light is where you can't see it. Just my 2 cents worth.
Dec 08, 2017, 06:43 PM
The New DaVinci
Well Buzz I never said I wanted to go fast, I want a good airtime and the ability to video or snap pics, the body I have coming in is this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/253259687320, and if you look at the pic of it, it has a battery door, unlike Phantom 2's because of the proprietary batteries with it. That back door has light receipts where the fault light will be, the light on the front side be removed and a FPV Combo of a 5.8 Ghz. cam and vtx will be installed plus a 2 axis gimbal will be mounted for a Go Pro sort of cam.
Dec 08, 2017, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo76
Well Buzz I never said I wanted to go fast, I want a good airtime and the ability to video or snap pics, the body I have coming in is this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/253259687320, and if you look at the pic of it, it has a battery door, unlike Phantom 2's because of the proprietary batteries with it. That back door has light receipts where the fault light will be, the light on the front side be removed and a FPV Combo of a 5.8 Ghz. cam and vtx will be installed plus a 2 axis gimbal will be mounted for a Go Pro sort of cam.
Kind of seems like a big waste of time. Can you post a video of you flying the P1 in manual mode and the battery door is holding you back?

If you're going to go to all that trouble, why not something interesting?

Dec 08, 2017, 09:36 PM
The New DaVinci
Hey Dave lets just say it's like an Edsel, nothing matches up front, an aircraft should be aerodynamic in the front, just a personal thing.
Dec 08, 2017, 09:40 PM
The mavic conversion looks pleasing, or at least different. They are for the p3 but you should be able to make it work.
Dec 08, 2017, 09:41 PM
The New DaVinci
Dave, I'm old school, I like to take "old, worthless crap" and make it do what I want on the "cheap" and with a little sweat and brain power I'll have something that'll match yours cheaper. ;-)

Quick Reply