Thread Tools
Jun 17, 2015, 10:13 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by teccer1234 View Post
I've just got these props http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2912690144...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I know they're clones and have O-XOXO stamped on the blade, they're very flexible towards the tip and needed a little balancing (took 20 minutes to do)
not really test flying conditions today in the SW UK but you all know how it is, must get out and try these
it was very gusty so I flew in the corner of my garden partly out of the strongest gust, I've read so much about lowering/raising the gains but I left the gains as were for my V 1.1.1, I had 2 flights using my cheapest lipos, zippy 2200mah, my phantom v1.1.1 AUW is 1223 gms
before using the standard 8" props with these lipos I was lucky to get 4.20 mins today with the new 9443 props the first flight was 6.37 min second flight was 6.59 mins, bearing in mind that with the gusty conditions I couldn't keep it in a hover so using a bit more power from the lipo.
at no time did I feel the need to play with the gain settings as it flew just the same as the standard 8" props, maybe it's the extra flex at the tip of the props that makes it fly steady??
so when it's calm again I'll use the zippys again to see what results I get, I wonder what time I'll get with my Giant Power 2800mah where I was getting 8 mins time,, maybe 10 mins?? (BTW the giant power lipos fit the V1.1.1 better than the turnigy/zippy 2200mah do except that the wires go in first)
ray
What is your first battery warning set too?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2015, 10:15 AM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Hills Dude View Post
Does the stock DJI charger LED turn green right at 100% charge and switch off?
Or does the green light come on early and the battery tops off after a bit?
Just wondering. I don't use the stock charger.
I'll be honest and say that the times I've used the stock charger, I've considered charging complete when the green LED lit up like the charger instructions indicated.
I've never put a voltmeter on the battery charged with the stock charger.
My computer charger reported the voltages that I set it up for...
Jun 17, 2015, 10:32 AM
Suspended Account
Interesting, any specs on this ?
Jun 17, 2015, 11:30 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
I've never seen anyone charge as depicted in the attachment. Maybe different Phantom?
I charge at 3 amps and the battery is charged when you have a solid green light.

Jun 17, 2015, 01:12 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I've never seen anyone charge as depicted in the attachment. Maybe different Phantom?
I charge at 3 amps and the battery is charged when you have a solid green light.
I'm confused too...
Look at this attachment.
Blue circled image is not charging.
Green circled image is charging.

Does the charger that you got with your P1 not look like this?
Mine does, and the Charger Instructions are directly off the DJI website...
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jun 17, 2015 at 01:20 PM.
Jun 17, 2015, 02:07 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
I'm confused too...
Look at this attachment.
Blue circled image is not charging.
Green circled image is charging.

Does the charger that you got with your P1 not look like this?
Mine does, and the Charger Instructions are directly off the DJI website...
Hmmm....after looking at my stock DJI charger.... I find no difference between the charger.
Jun 17, 2015, 02:37 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I've never seen anyone charge as depicted in the attachment. Maybe different Phantom?
I charge at 3 amps and the battery is charged when you have a solid green light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Hmmm....after looking at my stock DJI charger.... I find no difference between the charger.
Still confused by the original post...
The red statement seems to indicate that we just were not communicating or my attachment confused you.
Sorry...

I hope that you've seen the attachment before...
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jun 17, 2015 at 02:59 PM.
Jun 17, 2015, 03:28 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Buzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Still confused by the original post...
The red statement seems to indicate that we just were not communicating or my attachment confused you.
Sorry...

I hope that you've seen the attachment before...
My fault! The attached picture confused me....until I looked at my own charger.
We're good!

Buzz
Jun 17, 2015, 03:39 PM
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
My fault! The attached picture confused me....until I looked at my own charger.
We're good!
Buzz
Cool!
I will add that the charger usually comes with a plastic separator clip that keeps the red and black banana plugs from touching when a lipo is connected.
Should be in the area circled red on the attached pic.
Be careful if/when you unplug the leads from the charger or you'll short the lipo...
Jun 17, 2015, 05:53 PM
safer on the ground
teccer1234's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel View Post
What is your first battery warning set too?
stock setting whatever that is when I check the lipos after landing they all show 11.1v
ray
Jun 18, 2015, 04:24 PM
Southern California
BruinGuy's Avatar
I have an FPV question...

On my Phantom I have a GoPro 3 white on a gimbal. I want to add an FPV transmitter. I understand I can get video from the USB port on the GoPro. The question is: What kind of frames-per-second would I expect to get from the GoPro if I'm recording at 1080p? Will it be usable to fly by FPV? Or is it only usable for framing camera shots?
Jun 18, 2015, 06:50 PM
Gary
glmccready's Avatar
Briun: Can you fly the Phantom FPV with a GoPro? Sure, I do. I have one I fly with the Gorpo on a gimbal and another Quad I fly with a dedicated Sony FPV camera, and just use the GoPro for footage.
It is not really about FPS when you are getting a live feed from your Gopro, it is about signal strength. Unless you are willing to spend big bucks you are not going to get High Def on the FPV bandwith, only afterwards from the camera.
FPV is really just VGA, 600x480, as the bandwidth signal limits the amount of wireless info.
The new Phantom 3 can send 720p HD, as can the Lightbridge. Another problem with the Gopro, if you don't power it from an external battery, is it can run out of power mid-flight, and leave you with no picture. Yes, this has happened to me. Also be VERY careful wiring, I've put 12v though my Gorpo, twice, and trashed it.! (once 3 years ago, and once this past Fall) Do not trust the docs, check the voltage. Identical connectors from identical Video transmitters can have different wiring.
Jun 18, 2015, 06:59 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
DWA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinepete View Post
Beautiful lake! wow
Jun 18, 2015, 07:01 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
DWA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinGuy View Post
I have an FPV question...

On my Phantom I have a GoPro 3 white on a gimbal. I want to add an FPV transmitter. I understand I can get video from the USB port on the GoPro. The question is: What kind of frames-per-second would I expect to get from the GoPro if I'm recording at 1080p? Will it be usable to fly by FPV? Or is it only usable for framing camera shots?
I used to fly my P2 through my GoPro3 FPV. Worked great!
Jun 18, 2015, 07:36 PM
Southern California
BruinGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
Briun: Can you fly the Phantom FPV with a GoPro? Sure, I do. I have one I fly with the Gorpo on a gimbal and another Quad I fly with a dedicated Sony FPV camera, and just use the GoPro for footage.
It is not really about FPS when you are getting a live feed from your Gopro, it is about signal strength. Unless you are willing to spend big bucks you are not going to get High Def on the FPV bandwith, only afterwards from the camera.
FPV is really just VGA, 600x480, as the bandwidth signal limits the amount of wireless info.
The new Phantom 3 can send 720p HD, as can the Lightbridge. Another problem with the Gopro, if you don't power it from an external battery, is it can run out of power mid-flight, and leave you with no picture. Yes, this has happened to me. Also be VERY careful wiring, I've put 12v though my Gorpo, twice, and trashed it.! (once 3 years ago, and once this past Fall) Do not trust the docs, check the voltage. Identical connectors from identical Video transmitters can have different wiring.
Thanks. I'm not looking to get 1080p on FPV, I'm just worried that recording at 1080p would use up all the horsepower of the GoPro and it wouldn't have enough umph to send a usable picture for viewing on my screen.

Another question: Does the wiring from the GoPro hinder the gimbal's operation any?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI Quadcopter Frame BUILD Thread Quad_Addict Multirotor Drone Talk 78 Mar 17, 2014 10:20 PM
Mini-HowTo POSTING VIDEO: How to Upgrade a Gaui 330x quadcopter with a DJI NAZA Lucidity47 Multirotor Drone Talk 5 Jun 07, 2012 12:31 AM
Video Multiwii Quadcopter Dji F-450 frame Updated Video Anda Inc. Electric Heli Talk 1 May 23, 2012 02:51 PM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Drone Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM