Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:16 PM
mori55 is offline
Find More Posts by mori55
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpower180 View Post
When will this evil wind die down???
Same thing in New Jersey , 60 mph gust.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:18 PM
floete is offline
Find More Posts by floete
Registered User
damn hobbyking site seems to be down, as it has been for the past 10 hrs. anyone know what's going on? or is it just me?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:21 PM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by floete View Post
damn hobbyking site seems to be down, as it has been for the past 10 hrs. anyone know what's going on? or is it just me?
Works fine here.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:24 PM
daskim is offline
Find More Posts by daskim
Videographer/Product Reviews
daskim's Avatar
It was out for a long time this morning.

Just came back up.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:35 PM
T J Gilbert is online now
Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar

HK Platinum Member


Quote:
Originally Posted by ikbm View Post
Just got 3 of them All connectors fit
btw. I guess, most of you know already.... chose a product at HK and open a new tab in your browser. Then, after a while, go back to the HK site. It will offer you the product for a dollar less or so
This used to get you a little better pricing as well.
All you do is register to become a "Platinum Member"
HK is so unpredictable, you never know...
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:36 PM
mallettron is offline
Find More Posts by mallettron
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
mallettron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
£35.10 inc postage and VAT, should fit the 450 as well (if you take the props off!!)
Got mine today from CPC, very well packaged, comes complete with foam (the bits with the small squares you cut out) in the bottom and the lid

Only bad news is its too small for my 450, looks like I will need to buy a phantom
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:22 PM
sampdoria is offline
Find More Posts by sampdoria
Registered User
What are the best programs for video stabilization and editing for PC? Any recommendations?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:25 PM
Bravia3D is offline
Find More Posts by Bravia3D
Registered User
Hobbyking sites been down on and off for over 14 hours, kinda annoying. I been wanting to buy batteries there.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:25 PM
TonyTypeS is offline
Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGainTuning View Post
Can we get a list of all available gimbles for the phantom on one page? Here or on the other thread for mods? Aparently the X-Gimble is not available for sale yet.
If you guys want PM all the links and I can put that info on the first page of the mod thread. That should be easier for you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
Sorry
transmitter and receiver from dji
if they are compatible with other board
apm 2.5 or other
I don't see why the DJI radio system will not work with other boards. You might have issues with the multiwii boards because you can't adjust endpoints. The back of the DJI tx has 2 holes that looks like you can adjust something but only DJI can answer exactly what it does and how to adjust it. As long as your using the DJI transmitter and receive it should function just like any radio systems.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:25 PM
HPI GUY is offline
Find More Posts by HPI GUY
As seen on YouTube
HPI GUY's Avatar
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:29 PM
cargasm is offline
Find More Posts by cargasm
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdoria View Post
What are the best programs for video stabilization and editing for PC? Any recommendations?
Mercalli v2 (expensive) is one. Another program is called VirtualDub (free) with the "Deshaker" plugin. I haven't had luck with either of them though. Your best best is to spend the time, balance the props, use some sort of isolation between the Phantom and Go Pro to get jello-free results.

Moongel is cheap and can be bought at music stores for like $7. Put this between the frame and go pro mount. Also put it between the frame of the go pro holder and the camera. If you have a Go Pro 3, use 1080p/60 fps. If you have a Go Pro 2, use 720p/60 fps. Once you have jello-free video, then and only then worry about adding a gimbal mount or FPV equipment. A few pages back someone mentioned a lens filter for the Go Pro 3 that helped quite a bit.

Between all of these methods you should be at your desired results or quite close to it.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:45 PM
HGT is offline
HGT
Find More Posts by HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikbm View Post
Just got 3 of them All connectors fit



btw. I guess, most of you know already.... chose a product at HK and open a new tab in your browser. Then, after a while, go back to the HK site. It will offer you the product for a dollar less or so
I have been pretty happy with mine but now their flight time is getting less than the OEM
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:22 PM
Bo Lorentzen is offline
Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
FPVpilots do it remotely
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargasm View Post
Mercalli v2 (expensive) is one. Another program is called VirtualDub (free) with the "Deshaker" plugin. I haven't had luck with either of them though. Your best best is to spend the time, balance the props, use some sort of isolation between the Phantom and Go Pro to get jello-free results.
+1. the biggest issue with stabilizers, the fisheye image of the GoPro will cause a warping when stabilizing it, so to get perfect results, first it have to be de-fished to have straight lines along the edge. then you can stabilize with "pretty good" results.

However, defishing+stabilizing is loosing a lot of image quality. nothing beats shooting stable video in the first place in terms of clean detail rich video quality.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:06 PM
kazkioken is offline
Find More Posts by kazkioken
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
+1. However, defishing+stabilizing is loosing a lot of image quality. nothing beats shooting stable video in the first place in terms of clean detail rich video quality.
Bo and anyone else who would know:

What is exactly going on inside a Hero3 Black in terms of the rules for how it determines aperture and shutter speed? I would love it if someone did a hack so you could run it manually and control the output without resorting to ND filters to trick into running a slower framerate. I think I read the lens is a F2.8? Is it fixed?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:15 PM
Bo Lorentzen is offline
Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
FPVpilots do it remotely
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkioken View Post
Bo and anyone else who would know:

What is exactly going on inside a Hero3 Black in terms of the rules for how it determines aperture and shutter speed? I would love it if someone did a hack so you could run it manually and control the output without resorting to ND filters to trick into running a slower framerate. I think I read the lens is a F2.8? Is it fixed?
@Kaz - not sure.. but seems like shutterspeed preference (IF there is a aperture) I suspect there is no f.stop and it simply change maybe shutterspeeds maybe in 5 values.. and balance the rest by hopping the gains.. that is why its jello free at night, because it slows the shutter as much as possible before going to the high gains.

Im surprised there is not a manual lock option at least in the iPhone app to setup the camera. would be perfectly logical now that we can look through the camera almost live. we could set a exposure, and as a option chose our gain, even if that mean getting dark shots - after all that might be what we want.
RCG Plus Member


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI Quadcopter Frame BUILD Thread Quad_Addict Multirotor Talk 78 Mar 17, 2014 11:20 PM
Mini-HowTo POSTING VIDEO: How to Upgrade a Gaui 330x quadcopter with a DJI NAZA Lucidity47 Multirotor Talk 5 Jun 07, 2012 01:31 AM
Video Multiwii Quadcopter Dji F-450 frame Updated Video Anda Inc. Electric Heli Talk 1 May 23, 2012 03:51 PM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Talk 8 May 14, 2012 02:27 PM