Oct 17, 2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuano View Post
I've had my Phantom for about a month now; it's amazingly fun to fly, and almost as fun to mod. There's a lot you can do with this little platform!

But really, this is the reason I wanted to get it: flying off the coast of my favorite dive sites and getting a real bird's eye view. It's certainly a bit disconcerting flying over water; one hiccup and your quad, gimbal and gopro are toast. But hey, you gotta take some chances, right?

As much as there is to learn about flying, there's even more to learn about flying while filming, especially when the Phantom is WAY out in the distance and you can't see what direction it's facing. I love the learning curve, it's really going be a fun time.

Flying over the coast
nice one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when flying over water i allways feel like my balls getting the size of rise

Just another Sunset (4 min 42 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2013, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGT View Post
Return it... This is normal practice for Atlanta Hobby
+1 I bought mine from uavdirect. their top notch.
Oct 17, 2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clos8 View Post
+1 I bought mine from uavdirect. their top notch.
Same here.
Oct 17, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
Hey Guys,
I did the FW update to 4.0 and every time i hook it to the pc it says there is a new FW out (4.0) and if i want to upgrade and it shows i have 4.0 and it says my GPS needs calibrating, so i do that and it fly's fine until i plug it into the pc and i get the same stuff all over again. I haven't did a search yet for a answer, so if it has been asked sorry.
Thanks G
Make sure to calibrate your Tx, then outside with the compass dance, then back inside, hook up to the software and run the advanced IMU calibration, even it says you don't need to.

Jim
Oct 17, 2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280 View Post
Colin seemed to be very proud of Amazon's sales number of the Phantom. In that Fox News interview, he specifically mentioned Amazon, along with BH Photos. I think their goal with the Phantom is to break into the non-hobbiest market, a feat that many have tried but didn't succeed. Didn't you noticed a lot more photographers with no prior RC experience have started posting here? But yes I agree no matter how beginner friendly Phantom is, there is still a pretty steep learning curve for newcomers.
Ya got that right. Those of us with hours and hours and even years and years of experience with fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft have a real advantage over someone that just picks up one of these as their first RC aircraft. I can just see some crazed Poparatzi now chasing down celebrities with a Phantom Quad to get that elusive photo/video shot.
Oct 17, 2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG4AlMZGpe8
Most excellent video
I agree about what you said about flying over water
When I do that I feel myself holding my breath

Flying at Dos Lagos Shopping Center (4 min 46 sec)
Oct 17, 2013, 07:48 AM
Soil Penetration Tester

"Just Another Sunset"

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG4AlMZGpe8
Very well done video. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting and keep videos like this coming.

Thanks,
Rick
Oct 17, 2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp70 View Post
Very well done video. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting and keep videos like this coming.

Thanks,
Rick
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Most excellent video
I agree about what you said about flying over water
When I do that I feel myself holding my breath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt7s...sLaJmby7G7xOPQ
thanks
lol I sew your fear when coming above water then omg I want to go back lol
like me
dont tell me you were flying to that bridge from were you started !!
did you fallow the quad there ??
Oct 17, 2013, 08:44 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXray View Post
Did you take it outside and do the compass dance, then reconnect to the assistant software? Just to add... on the video after he did the IMU calibration his "receiver type" was set to PPM. My receiver only works in D-Bus so make sure you're getting response from the sticks (in the software) before you go outside and do the c-dance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
Make sure to calibrate your Tx, then outside with the compass dance, then back inside, hook up to the software and run the advanced IMU calibration, even it says you don't need to.

Jim
Hey Guys,
Yes i did as he did and still get that error 27, one thing to is this is a 1.2 phantom not the 1.1.1 , if that makes any difference.
Thanks for your help.

G
Oct 17, 2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Yes i did as he did and still get that error 27, one thing to is this is a 1.2 phantom not the 1.1.1 , if that makes any difference.
Thanks for your help.

G
no its not
Oct 17, 2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Thanks for your help.

G
CFG-ERR
Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version. or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters.

VOL-LOW [4]
Voltage low

SN-ERR
Your S/N is not available, Please contact our support!

VOL-LOW[6]
Voltage low

IMU-ERR
IMU ERROR,Please contact dealer or DJI for repair.

X1-ERR
You’ve chose parameters tuning by X1/X2 channel with Tx Knob, but no signal detected on X1/X2 input channel, or Tx didn’t powered on.

X2-ERR
You’ve chose parameters tuning by X1/X2 channel with Tx Knob, but no signal detected on X1/X2 input channel, or Tx didn’t powered on.

PMU-ERR
Please check the connection among battery, MC and PMU.

RX-ERR
Please may sure you select the right receiver type in the RC page or check the receiver connection, after that power cycle your controller to take effect.

COMPASS-ERR
Compass data is abnormal, please restart your Controller, if you still get this error, please contact the agent.

ERROR [25]
IMU initialization failure, may caused by crash. Please contact dealer or DJI for repair.

ERROR [26]
Please perform Advanced Calibration.

ERROR [27]
GPS not calibrated, or magnetic field interference. Please calibrate GPS again in good condition.
Oct 17, 2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Thanks for your help.

G
Resetting the Compass of the DJI Phantom (when Calibration fails) (13 min 5 sec)
Oct 17, 2013, 09:25 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
Quote:
Hey koop,
That video made the light turn on
what do i have on the bottom of the phantom a Brushless Gimbal and the motor about 3in away from compass, That i would say maybe my problem, even though i had no problems with the old FW maybe i do with this FW.
I will mess more with it when i get home.
Thanks for your time and help..
G
Oct 17, 2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Hey koop,
That video made the light turn on
what do i have on the bottom of the phantom a Brushless Gimbal and the motor about 3in away from compass, That i would say maybe my problem, even though i had no problems with the old FW maybe i do with this FW.
I will mess more with it when i get home.
Thanks for your time and help..
G
sure!
try to move the compas to the rear leg
Oct 17, 2013, 10:47 AM
Suspended Account
Could someone please explain the known differences between the Phantom VER 1.3, VER 1.2 and VER 1.1.1

If possible please list the differences in what is and is not included with each version hardware wise and any electronic variations between the 3 models.

I am trying to help a first time quad buyer make a proper purchasing decision.

Thanks.

Quick Reply