Thread Tools
Jul 28, 2013, 05:16 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
eirlink's Avatar
Rich, regrding the tilt connection, is it via a servo lead to the F2, how many wires does it use.
and also what pc software does it use to alter any settings

Hard to tell how good or bad it is from that video due to high winds.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2013, 05:41 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CH
After having my Zenmuse sent back to DJI with a fault, I was looking for something to use while waiting for a replacement.
I came across this super cheap ready to run gimbal at GoodLuckBuy.com
at only £74.00 UK Pounds.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phant...otography.html
It really is plug and play. Just connect up the power cable and plug the other cable into the F2 port on the NAZA for the tilt function.
I believe it has a Martinez controller.
All up weight of my Phantom , gimbal , standard DJI LiPo and GoPro H3B is 1115g.
Had to put some foam under the landing gear to raise the Phantom a little as the gimbal is level with the bottom of the skids.
Available in black and silver.
Also it only took 2 days from china to my door in the UK with UPS for an extra £15, well impressed .
Took a little video clip to test it out. Very windy day , check the washing in the bottom left corner at the start.
No post stabilization.
http://youtu.be/A5h3btCN0ws
Very impressed with it so far. I don't expect it to last forever, but for £400 less than the Zenmuse it's a real bargain. So far it is also more reliable than the Zen
The video on their web site looks pretty good.
Jul 28, 2013, 07:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasFlash
The video on their web site looks pretty good.
Hi, I have a question for you: When you went to that web site did they take your order and money and the next day send you an email that " Its NO Stock , maybe 7 days , do you want to wait " ?
I'm asking because I tried ordering from them last week and they took my order and I paid for it but the next day I got an email NO stock so I canceled and got my money back.
Thanks

P.S. what went wrong on the Zenmuse ? How long did you use it before the problem ?
Jul 28, 2013, 09:44 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Vantasstic's Avatar
FWIW, one thing about the Phantom that's always got me was the locations of the LEDs in the arms. To me it just seems backwards to have the red LEDs up front and the green ones in the back...kinda like seeing a car driving down the road backwards. I know it'd throw my orientation off. For me, well I just bought the Phantom shell and a screw pack and am assembling it with my own electronics. I installed green and red LEDs in the arms, but put the green up front and the red in the back.
Jul 28, 2013, 09:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
FWIW, one thing about the Phantom that's always got me was the locations of the LEDs in the arms. To me it just seems backwards to have the red LEDs up front and the green ones in the back...kinda like seeing a car driving down the road backwards. I know it'd throw my orientation off. For me, well I just bought the Phantom shell and a screw pack and am assembling it with my own electronics. I installed green and red LEDs in the arms, but put the green up front and the red in the back.
I've always felt the same way too.
Jul 28, 2013, 10:41 PM
Registered User
Any volunteers to point me in the right direction of good props and balancer, it appears so many props are on the market now.

preferable a site with good/fast postage…… cheers
Jul 28, 2013, 11:02 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
FWIW, one thing about the Phantom that's always got me was the locations of the LEDs in the arms. To me it just seems backwards to have the red LEDs up front and the green ones in the back...kinda like seeing a car driving down the road backwards. I know it'd throw my orientation off. For me, well I just bought the Phantom shell and a screw pack and am assembling it with my own electronics. I installed green and red LEDs in the arms, but put the green up front and the red in the back.
Actually if you think in terms of aircraft lighting red should be left side and green should be right side. That's how I currently have mine, it also helps in orientation near dusk or at night, since having them front to back blend at distance, where side to side it's very distinct.
Jul 29, 2013, 12:51 AM
I take pictures of fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenroute
After I changed the motors for the new Tiger antigravity! It completely disappeared, I recommend!

So you're saying that a 9-inch Zinger prop your time range does not increase? They CF propeller, which I have now ordered but did not try? They are significantly lighter than wood Zinger ...

What was the cause of the fall in the finals of Your flight on Youtube?
Interesting—Tiger motors remove the Phantom wiggle during full throttle? That is a good tip.

I had 2 falls like that when I used 8x5" Graupners. I think they just didn't have enough lift. The narrow design seems like it doesn't move as much air as other prop designs. I tried 9" rctimer CF props, and the Phantom wasn't very stable with those props. Moving to 9" zingers gave me stability and power, but came at the expense of battery life.
Jul 29, 2013, 12:51 AM
HelicoMicro
fredbotton's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CH
Very impressed with it so far. I don't expect it to last forever, but for £400 less than the Zenmuse it's a real bargain. So far it is also more reliable than the Zen
Looks very impressive regarding the price! Will you post some other videos on YT?
Jul 29, 2013, 12:53 AM
I take pictures of fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hththt
Absolute balance of the gimbal is VERY important. There is no way you can balance a load that is constantly moving around like that usb lead. And let's hope that GoPro is smart enough in their power source selection so that your GCU and your USB lead power are not fighting each other

The video out cable is that 3.5mm cable that is supplied with the gimbal. Use black and yellow, ignore the red strand
Thank you—I'm going to make the cable tomorrow. GoPro seems to be smart enough—you can run a battery bacpac and have powered USB going at the same time.

Also, the USB lead has almost no effect on the running gimbal. I've run it for about 40 minutes, now, and it works fine. Every once in awhile, if I quickly tilt the gimbal straight down, it will hiccup and power down for a few seconds. Other than that, it seems to be working fine.

The rotorpixel gimbal I use on my other phantom is much more powerful and completely ignores the cable (never have any hiccups).
Jul 29, 2013, 12:55 AM
I take pictures of fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazkioken
I didn't install mine internally for the same reason, anything with that much power (you have the 600mW vtx right?) does indeed get pretty hot...just watch out what it is near. If you haven't melted anything yet I am sure you are fine, I just didn't want whatever was also buzzing out of that thing to be so close to my other stuff in the body. Mine's sticking outside with the antenna as far from everything as I can get it. btw love your videos!!
Thank you!

I'll probably move the Tx out when I install the FBOSD Ghost inside.
Last edited by echeng; Jul 29, 2013 at 01:03 AM.
Jul 29, 2013, 01:12 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CH
After having my Zenmuse sent back to DJI with a fault, I was looking for something to use while waiting for a replacement.
I came across this super cheap ready to run gimbal at GoodLuckBuy.com
at only £74.00 UK Pounds.
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phant...otography.html
It really is plug and play. Just connect up the power cable and plug the other cable into the F2 port on the NAZA for the tilt function.
I believe it has a Martinez controller.
All up weight of my Phantom , gimbal , standard DJI LiPo and GoPro H3B is 1115g.
Had to put some foam under the landing gear to raise the Phantom a little as the gimbal is level with the bottom of the skids.
Available in black and silver.
Also it only took 2 days from china to my door in the UK with UPS for an extra £15, well impressed .
Took a little video clip to test it out. Very windy day , check the washing in the bottom left corner at the start.
No post stabilization.
http://youtu.be/A5h3btCN0ws
Very impressed with it so far. I don't expect it to last forever, but for £400 less than the Zenmuse it's a real bargain. So far it is also more reliable than the Zen
Very good... I am impressed.

Post more videos please.
Jul 29, 2013, 01:28 AM
Registered User

Advice please


Perhaps its has been discussed already but searching through thousand pages is impossible
Anyway... Since fitting the zenmuse to the Phantom, I get a constant left/right yaw (like a horizontal pendulum).

What causes this and are there any remedies?
Jul 29, 2013, 01:49 AM
HGT
HGT
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
FWIW, one thing about the Phantom that's always got me was the locations of the LEDs in the arms. To me it just seems backwards to have the red LEDs up front and the green ones in the back...kinda like seeing a car driving down the road backwards. I know it'd throw my orientation off. For me, well I just bought the Phantom shell and a screw pack and am assembling it with my own electronics. I installed green and red LEDs in the arms, but put the green up front and the red in the back.
Very easy to fix. Switch ESC's number 1 and number 3.
Jul 29, 2013, 03:00 AM
BB1
BB1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by echeng
Interesting—Tiger motors remove the Phantom wiggle during full throttle? That is a good tip.
They definitely removed most of the wobbling and vibration during full speed forward flying on my Phantom.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI Quadcopter Frame BUILD Thread Quad_Addict Multirotor Drone Talk 78 Mar 17, 2014 10:20 PM
Mini-HowTo POSTING VIDEO: How to Upgrade a Gaui 330x quadcopter with a DJI NAZA Lucidity47 Multirotor Drone Talk 5 Jun 07, 2012 12:31 AM
Video Multiwii Quadcopter Dji F-450 frame Updated Video Anda Inc. Electric Heli Talk 1 May 23, 2012 02:51 PM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Drone Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM