Dec 10, 2003, 11:51 AM
Takka-Takka-Takka
Thread OP
Discussion

Welcome to the R/C Combat Forum

Greetings and welcome to the new RC Groups Combat forum.

The topic for the forum is combat planes and combat-related discussion, including combat safety and combat strategies. All power types that may be used in combat flying are included namely gas, glow, electric and slope.

The forum will remain on a trial basis under this Trial Forums tab for 30 days, during which the content and traffic will be monitored to see if the forum is a success. If that is the case then the forum will be made permanent under the Aircraft General tab, where it may be seen throughout the entire website.

So enjoy the new forum, participate and discuss and lets make it a big success.

Thanks

Brian
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2003, 04:24 PM
Brian,

I would just like to say Thank You for starting this thread! Lots of folks that love combat out in R/C world and I think will grow even more with the help of RC Groups. I've been flying R/C Combat for going on 13 years now and enjoy it more every year! It's a great sport and you'll meet some of the best folks a person could ask for. We're more like a big family than anything else. If anyone has any questions about combat please fire away or give us a visit at www.rccombat.com

Thanks again,
Ben
Dec 10, 2003, 10:41 PM
rc combat rocks. I flew u control combat back in the 60's and then left flying to raise a family. I started flying rc last year and rc combat this year. I haven't had this much fun since I was in high school.
Jan 14, 2004, 04:25 PM
Takka-Takka-Takka
Thread OP
Gents

The 30 days review period for the forum in the trial area has now passed and to be honest the forum isn't generating the sort of traffic that we'd expect to enable it to go into the mainstream site under our procedure for new forums.

It's been decided to leave it a little longer, because there are fairly regular posts being made, just not very many of them. When the forum was reviewed there were only 18 threads that had been started in the month the forum was open.

Let's see if the combat flyers on here can raise the interest level and get some discussion going to make this forum a success.

Brian
Jan 14, 2004, 11:19 PM
Brian,

Perhaps the time of year has something to do with the low number of posts and responses. I would expect things to pick up in the spring.

Ed
Jan 18, 2004, 12:07 AM
I wish this forum would succeed. It much more user friendly rcu.
Ron
Feb 05, 2004, 09:00 PM
I've just found this RC Group site an think its a great idea and place to find information and talk with other similarly interested people.

I have just entered the hobby of RC plans and was hoping I could get some advice.

I am currently looking at building a flying wing and as such am looking for easy to follow plans.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

PS I hope this is the right forum for this Submission.
Feb 05, 2004, 09:35 PM
Jaison,

You're in the right place! "Combat spoken Here!" There are lots of good planes for combat on the market today.. The "Wing you're talking about is a fine and very competive airframe!! A Guy named Lee Liddle down in Texas has about the best plane (Wing) going these days and at a fair price... Go to www.rccombat.com and look for a post by Lee Liddle on the forum and his web site will be at the bottom of each post..

Hope this helps a little and WELCOME to the most fun you can have with a transmitter in your hand! R/C Combat!

Ben
Feb 05, 2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice Ben.

Iím very exited about the idea of combat flying, it sound like a lot of fun and a great test of skill in flying and building your craft.

I should ask if there are many people doing this in Melbourne Australia ?

I live very close to the Caufield Race Trak, which I believe has a RC club for electric only.

Thanks once again Ben, Iíll have a look at the site you suggested.

Regards Jaison.
Feb 05, 2004, 10:04 PM
Jaison,

No problem, just hope it helps a little.. YES there are some folks in Australia that fly combat. Here's another site that folks from your neck of the woods visit and I'm sure can help too! www.screamingeaglerc.com

Just keep looking and you'll find someone to chase ribbon's with you! Just too much fun!

Ben Morrow
Down Home R/C
www.downhomerc.com
Feb 06, 2004, 09:53 PM
DEF
DEF
Jaison
Try this site.
http://www.dwebdev.com/combat/phpBB2/index.php
Feb 08, 2004, 03:25 AM
I would like to see a set of design rules for R/C combat ie the specks for each class
Stewart
Feb 08, 2004, 03:37 AM
I built this R/C converted control line combat wing for my son a couple yrs ago it even survived a radio failue -battery lead came unpluged , with no damage didnt even break the prop . it came doun 1/2 throttle in a flat spin spiral .
Some specks :- 44" span , 13" prop to tail , 23oz ready to fly all balsa structure Magnum 15 with 8x4 prop this thing is seriously fast .
Stewart
Feb 08, 2004, 09:47 AM
Clip,
Nice looking plane. The classes of US RC Combat and engine sizes can be found at www.rccombat.com which is the web site of the Radio Control Combat Association.

The three most popular US classes are:
1. Open B, up to .30 engine, max weight 3.5lbs
2. Scale 2610, up to .26 engines, 1/12th scale, 3.5 lbs max
3. Slow and Survivable (SSC), up to .15, limited to under $60 US advertised price, minimum weight of 2.5lbs, and spec prop with rpm limits.

There is a pretty active combat contingent in western Australia
Feb 13, 2004, 10:28 PM
what a hot rod hell raiser!!!!

Quick Reply