Feb 28, 2017, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
Model should balance slightly nose-down at the point indicated on the plans. You need to add weight to nose to get it balanced, in most models like this, unless you have battery pack well forward and very little weight in the tail. Don't fly until you have the model balanced properly.
Correct any warps in wing sighting carefully from the rear.
I'm careful about the balance, I made that mistake before. I've built kits with plank tails and fuselages, nose weight was always needed. Warbirds mainly with short noses, but these lightweight tail structures and stringered fuses with fairly long noses are dainty. I'm beginning to get a feel for Pat's style, the planes are beautiful. I will 100% make sure everything is right.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2017, 07:48 PM
planecrusher

Dumas Stinson Modifications

I read how Someone would make some braces at the tail for tissue to adhere. I also saw this and used 1/32" sheeting there, at the cowling, and the wing center section. My AUW with a probably heavier than needed battery and a 370 BL which is probably too much was 16.5 oz. I thought for sure it would be around 25OZ. Also I used light Glassing cloth and Deluxe EZ Kote on the inside firewall and Landing Gear areas. As well I added many more pieces of bracing to the rudder, and elevator because I have encountered warping there before. At least P. Tritle used 1/16"x1/8" stringers which do not push in from tissue shrinking. As on My poor Dumas Bird Dog. Which used 1/16" sq. stringers.
Jun 10, 2017, 11:58 PM
Update on my 60" Stinson. I moved everything around and got rid of the heavy tail wheel.
Feb 18, 2019, 04:15 PM
Bleu,

Did it ever fly?

Quick Reply