Nov 20, 2012, 05:40 AM
build small profile first. all so get plastic model
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2012, 05:50 AM
mabey this http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=Gu...yword_rollover
Nov 20, 2012, 12:07 PM
Swat Team Member

Dave

Do you know of any plastic models of your aircraft? You can buy the model and use a razor saw to cut out the cross sections, line those with a marker and you can get Kinko's to print them to size. I have seen that method done with success, especially on models that are perspective projects for rc flight.
When it comes down to batteries and EDF fan units, I can help with that as well.

www.gulfstreamstore.com has models for $125.00

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
Nov 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
I like the idea of using a razor saw on a plastic model. it's about as accurate as you are gonna get, using traditional methods. another good way is to buy a pin gauge like I did with my Jaguar and section off the plane and take gauge measurement all along. doesn't get any simpler than that. the other way is to use a laser to get the shapes. it's a bit more costly, but deadly accurate.
Nov 20, 2012, 10:38 PM
The_Dave,
Please do this one good! I love me a nice G550. I see many of them coming and going from the paint shop in LGB.
If I were looking for advice on a build of this scale,( accuracy and physical size) I would have a look at and maybe a serious conversation with Pekos, who is currentley building a beautiful L-39. Amazing workmanship and nice CAD work.
Below is a link to his build.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1742284
Last edited by cbalgra; Nov 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Nov 20, 2012, 11:03 PM
I will do my best...that link you gave was to some amazing work...I only wish I could build like that....I am reaching out to him to see what he has to say....
Nov 21, 2012, 01:30 AM
Zen in the art of foam
I recently maidened my Learjet and I really like the plane. The Learjet and Gulfstream look a lot alike, and both are sexy looking aircraft.
One person put it this way:
"Learjets are small private jets that fit 4-6 people. You cannot stand up in a learjet. The Gulfstreams are much much larger. They are much fancier and much roomier. You can stand up tall in a Gulfstream and they fit up to 19 people in style.
Gulfstreams are for Billionaires, Learjets are for Millionaires. =)"
I built the plane from the attached plans by Philippe Jamet. The jets are fake - they're small props in front of a nacelle.
Here's the maiden...
Learjet Maiden (0 min 0 sec)

Below are the plans and a pic of the way she looks today.
Good luck on your impressive endeavor, The Dave!