Thread Tools
Nov 19, 2012, 05:42 PM
Registered User
Discussion

Octocopter Shot Down in Philly


I just saw this on the news. The film shows a bullethole that apparently hit the battery.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...179983451.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2012, 05:46 PM
太刀風
Tachikaze's Avatar
Pull.
Nov 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Do not read the facebook comments under the article

Redneck gun-totin "OBAMA IS SPYIN ON MURICA" folks are there
Nov 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
A new day, a new gadget
Ha ha Tachi. What's wrong with shooting pigeons? What's wrong with filming people shooting pigeons? My main takeaway from this is.......if you use crappy APC props it means you can take a pellet through your battery and still land OK...
Nov 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
Registered User
hexa's Avatar
Poor copter.
Nov 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
Registered User
CraigVMN's Avatar
In retaliation, the hunters have devised the means to use the vey birds they once hunted to combat the new menace flying overhead:





Nov 19, 2012, 08:56 PM
Emress
lol this is he 2nd thread. no cat copter repeat please haha
Nov 20, 2012, 08:51 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
If it's a legal hunting club, then it's really no one's business what goes on in there. These extreme groups really get on my nerves, especially when it brings R/C into the spotlight. Gotta give credit to the hunter - that was a helluva shot.

Anyway, the main thing that bugs me about this is the media's continued use of the word "drone". Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhh it's not a drone!! A drone is an unmanned aircraft used in post-WWII for target shooting! While this sorta fits that category it's still not a drone! Stop calling it that you stupid media people!

/rant off
Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
If it's a legal hunting club, then it's really no one's business what goes on in there. These extreme groups really get on my nerves, especially when it brings R/C into the spotlight. Gotta give credit to the hunter - that was a helluva shot.

Anyway, the main thing that bugs me about this is the media's continued use of the word "drone". Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhh it's not a drone!! A drone is an unmanned aircraft used in post-WWII for target shooting! While this sorta fits that category it's still not a drone! Stop calling it that you stupid media people!

/rant off
it IS a drone.
Nov 20, 2012, 01:01 PM
Registered User
Posting that photo will make it illegal to have pigeons next.

Michael
Nov 20, 2012, 04:20 PM
Registered User
I you fly over my property to video tape me doing nothing illegal. You would lose your multirotor too.
"To Bad.......so Sad.........sucks to be you".
Nov 20, 2012, 04:31 PM
we dont NEED roads!
AcroFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin
I you fly over my property to video tape me doing nothing illegal. You would lose your multirotor too.
"To Bad.......so Sad.........sucks to be you".
Shooting a bird out of the sky might be legal, but im not sure about shooting an aircraft. I am not sure if the property owner has the right to regulate the airspace either.
Nov 20, 2012, 06:01 PM
Stop me before I build again!
I'm sure there is something against intentionally shooting someone else's property.

That said the copter was up there with the intent on illegally spying on the homeowner on his own land doing nothing illegal. I'm sure there are any number of laws against this kind of high tech eavesdropping and harassment. He wasn't innocent in this encounter by any standard.
Nov 20, 2012, 06:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide
I'm sure there is something against intentionally shooting someone else's property.

That said the copter was up there with the intent on illegally spying on the homeowner on his own land doing nothing illegal. I'm sure there are any number of laws against this kind of high tech eavesdropping and harassment. He wasn't innocent in this encounter by any standard.
It would be hard to prove who did it. If "no one saw nothing".


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Blue Max ARF in box or built for LPU in Philly bullmoose69 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Jun 05, 2012 08:40 AM
Discussion Defrocked Sex Abuser Priest now TSA agent in Philly craab Life, The Universe, and Politics 15 May 26, 2012 02:42 PM
Help! Anyone in the philly area mind flashing my 9x for me? elcid79 Radios 2 May 26, 2012 11:16 AM
Cool Cool video...shot on RED/octocopter qreacher Aerial Photography 1 Feb 02, 2012 05:27 PM