Dec 13, 2012, 01:12 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Very glad to see an end-pin version. It's the only way I would consider this receiver!

-= Dave
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 12:24 PM
RC beginner
thnaks to lemon for putting uart info on the website. with the 9xr coming out im getting up to speed excited about dsm again. this looks like even better prospect than orange due to weight and cost. specially if smaller cheaper 4ch is ever developed.

one more question: anybody actually got one and know what it does on lost signal out of the box (no preset failfafe set up)? specially ch3?
Dec 20, 2012, 07:06 AM
:)
Hi All,

Just linking to this here in case there's interest.

Integrating the Feather Light RX onto a Witespy Flip FC board for multicopters...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post23575761

Cheers.
Dec 20, 2012, 07:26 AM
It is great to see a manufacturer that actually monitors discussion groups and both replies and actually modifies products! Power to you!

I am interested in the feather light receiver since I am looking for something that will fit lightweight planes. I usually end up desoldering the receiver pins since servo contacts and wasteful lengths of wire is something you do not need in lightweight applications. Desoldering these pins is a pain since they are joined with a piece of plastic. I am always concerned that I will end up doing harm to the electronics by applying to much heat. The actual soldering of sevo leads to the receiver is no match at all.

Would it not be possible for you to produce a variant of the receiver without any servo pins attached? That would be a true feather weight champion :-)
Dec 20, 2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen
It is great to see a manufacturer that actually monitors discussion groups and both replies and actually modifies products! Power to you!

I am interested in the feather light receiver since I am looking for something that will fit lightweight planes. I usually end up desoldering the receiver pins since servo contacts and wasteful lengths of wire is something you do not need in lightweight applications. Desoldering these pins is a pain since they are joined with a piece of plastic. I am always concerned that I will end up doing harm to the electronics by applying to much heat. The actual soldering of sevo leads to the receiver is no match at all.

Would it not be possible for you to produce a variant of the receiver without any servo pins attached? That would be a true feather weight champion :-)
Funny, I just finished emailing them the exact same question, for the exact same reasons, for the multicopter application above.

I only need 6 pins and there's 21 installed! And getting them out SUCKS!

I would suggest emailing Lemon RC as well so they know for sure there is interest in this.

Cheers!
Last edited by Soma; Dec 20, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
Dec 21, 2012, 04:13 PM
Good news regarding ordering Lemon receivers without pins.

Just received an email back from Lemon RX that it is possible to order receivers without pins.

"Yes we can prepare you a Feather Light receiver without any header pins. Can you make the order on the website and send us a separate e-mail along with order number that says "No Pin Feather Light" on e-mail subject?"

Good stuff, these should be ultra feather light now
Dec 25, 2012, 03:31 PM
On the basis of this thread I have ordered five of the end pin version, they'll be used in my indoor planes until the summer then I might switch some to the outdoor models if they prove they have the range. I don't think I've ever come across such an accommodating manufacturer, almost a heresy for one to monitor comments on a user forum then actually implement suggestions within weeks! I'll do some range testing when they arrive and post the results if I remember.

Gordon
Dec 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonb
On the basis of this thread I have ordered five of the end pin version, they'll be used in my indoor planes until the summer then I might switch some to the outdoor models if they prove they have the range. I don't think I've ever come across such an accommodating manufacturer, almost a heresy for one to monitor comments on a user forum then actually implement suggestions within weeks! I'll do some range testing when they arrive and post the results if I remember.

Gordon
I agree. I had asked for some feedback on their performance from end users, which I still don't see here, but I am not going to worry about it. The support from lemon is worth at least a 5 pack. I'll order a batch soon.
Dec 25, 2012, 11:54 PM
Suspended Account
I have no read this thread from the beginning, my question is will they make Futaba/JR compatible receivers (full range) ?
Dec 26, 2012, 12:30 AM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
Thread OP
These should already be JR compatible...
Dec 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
Suspended Account
sorry, I meant DMSS not DMSX
Dec 26, 2012, 02:03 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
i also would like to try these. but no response at all from those who say they have recieved them ?
Dec 26, 2012, 02:30 AM
Shipping takes a while.
Dec 26, 2012, 09:09 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
i also would like to try these. but no response at all from those who say they have recieved them ?
Ordered 15 on the 14th. Haven't gotten them yet.

-= Dave
Dec 31, 2012, 04:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for posting all the suggestions here. We are quite busy these days in developing an ultra light weight 8 channels receiver. Very likely a true DSMX version.

Since there are quite a lo of requests on the "no pins" version of receiver, we will make it as a standard item to be available for purchasing this week on our website. Stay tuned for the up coming new product!

Best Regards,

Lemon Rx Officer

Quick Reply