Dec 02, 2012, 12:40 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
I still say no thanks....once bitten twice shy....it may take me forever to scratch build a plane but at least I know what's inside and since I build rarely modeled subjects I can be sure that mine will be the only one at the field....that and the Blackhorse model....... the more I look at it...... is identical to the PhoenixModels plane.....pretty much everything is the same construction wise and I have seen how they "built" wings and have now in my shop their "new" version of how they "build" wings..... the saying....."lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hmmm...aren't you one quite familiar with a certain high quality Euro supplier who shipped you a certain less than high quality product?! Was that a purse or an ear?
Dec 02, 2012, 01:05 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Not the same thing.....Steve's ASK-21 wings where a matter of quality control and not an utter lack of knowledge of structural engineering.....as the K8's wing debacle has turned out to be.....even when they had the chance to go back in and "redo" the wing structure they chose to ignore the glaring structural faults with the spar design and instead add another aluminum tube to bridge across the section of the wing where the failures where occurring...not a "correct" fix by any stretch of the imagination.
Dec 02, 2012, 03:25 PM
TEAM HORIZON
lol
Dec 02, 2012, 04:15 PM
Team PowerBox Systems
Oink Oink!
Dec 02, 2012, 04:18 PM
I agree with ____and____of the above!
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Dec 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Hey, I like lipstick on my bacon!
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Dec 02, 2012, 05:14 PM
registered weapon
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Dec 02, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Dec 03, 2012, 01:59 AM
Thread OP
I think it's very funny, that nobody was holding the wing in his hands and every body is already finished with it.
The center wing tubes are 1,5m long! 33mm diameter + the second one 1,35m and 25mm. The aluminum of this tubes is 2mm. I was holding both wings in my hands (Ka8 and Grunau Baby) and i can say that they are not similar.

more pics and informations.
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...runau-Baby-XXL
Dec 05, 2012, 04:27 AM
Thread OP
Today the dsecond nose arrived and the project "motor nose" can beginn. I plan the Hacker A60-16L, 12S lipo, RFM 20x13/23x12...
Dec 05, 2012, 08:05 AM
Uwe, looking forward to the first flight report. How many watts per gram or pound do you use as your target for calculating motor and battery specs?

TIA,

Steve
Dec 05, 2012, 09:03 AM
Good morning, Steve,

have a look ...

http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&t=3&c=32&p=32

Herbert
Dec 06, 2012, 11:04 AM

BlackHorse 6m Grunau Baby

Uwe: Internet.....Comments posted without any support..!!

There are 3 (that I'm aware of) completely different major manufacturers in Vietnam: BlackHorse, Phoenix and Seagull Models
I was told, the last two are family related

The fact that they use some common items is not new. Some of the European manufacturers do exactly the same,

Alberto
Hobby Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwe neesen
I think it's very funny, that nobody was holding the wing in his hands and every body is already finished with it.
The center wing tubes are 1,5m long! 33mm diameter + the second one 1,35m and 25mm. The aluminum of this tubes is 2mm. I was holding both wings in my hands (Ka8 and Grunau Baby) and i can say that they are not similar.

more pics and informations.
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...runau-Baby-XXL
Dec 06, 2012, 11:10 AM

BlackHorse 6m Grunau Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
Uwe, looking forward to the first flight report. How many watts per gram or pound do you use as your target for calculating motor and battery specs?

TIA,

Steve
Steve:

Check this website, excellent calculator:

http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?...ce=&hmotnost=g

Alberto
Hobby Club
Dec 06, 2012, 11:18 AM
bie
bie
maidenflight-postponer
Hi Steve,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR

TIA,

Steve
flightreport and video in this thread Grunau Baby XXL - see page 4.

Andy

Quick Reply