New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:23 PM
Find More Posts by andy bradley
Discussion

Delta / Dell DPS-800JB Help needed

Hello there, Thanks for having me here, Ive searched everywhere online and spent 2 days looking, this site seems to be the best one so far by far. There are some threads about using Server class power supplies for 12v use, I have a similiar problem and am really hoping you guys can help out...

I have a Delta DPS-800JB Power supply stripped from a Dell PowerEdge 1900, which I have been trying to simply turn on to power a 4-socket, 16-core server board which just needs lots of 12v power, the above mentioned power supply can give out 750watts / 12v.

Problem is I cannot get this thing powered on, It has a 30-pin ribbon connector which should connect to the motherboard it was meant for, it then recieves the on signal through the board. I have shorted every 2 way combination of wires but with no luck. Now this is the weird part, I know the PSU works with the board as when i finished cutting away the insulation away from the ends of the wires I placed them on the floor and the PSU fired up when I plugged in the power cable, it was ok for over 20 mins before I moved the 30-pin ribbon cable and the PSU went off, purely accidental when it turned on, I can only assume the wires on the cable need to be connected in a way that involves more than 2 of the wires.

I have included pictures here to help, I really appreciate any help or advice you guys can offer, I have trawled through your forums but cannot find my power supply there. Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by andy bradley

more pics

More pics for you below
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by MrRico
Hello, have you found the solution yet? i have it too and want to use it for my project. Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2016, 02:25 AM
Find More Posts by jimfly5

pinout dell psu dp800jb

pin 8 GND and pin 14 works for me. Only pins 3,5,8,11,14,15,18.19,21, and 30 are used.on the ribbon cable pin one is red.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 02:43 AM
Find More Posts by jimfly5

dell psu dps-800jb

pin 8 GND and pin 14 works for me.