This thread is privately moderated by 420TEE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnome
"what is the best beer in the world(?)"
Uh-oh, controversy alert!

Quote:
...I turn to them and tell them directly that the term is subjective, that there are exactly two beers in the world that could ever be subjectively be called the BEST beer in the world... the first of course being FREE beer, the second best beer in the world of course... is the one in your hand.
Controversy well handled!

Yes, ABV... my "brands" toy with that a bit...
Last edited by Aerominded; Nov 21, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Nov 21, 2012, 06:24 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
Too right! Breweries are job creators!! More Breweries everywhere!!!!
Nov 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_c
Too right! Breweries are job creators!! More Breweries everywhere!!!!
...there at least two, quite excellent in your fair city...
Nov 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerominded
...there at least two, quite excellent in your fair city...
More!! More!! We're never satisfied....

(I'm sure Tom Lehrer wouldn't mind the paraphrase.... )

Here Aero, were you around for the animated Hamm's Brewery sign down by the old central freeway???

Last edited by craig_c; Nov 21, 2012 at 06:47 PM.
Nov 21, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hamm's thee beer refreshing... Hamm's....
Nov 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
from the land of sky blue water!
Nov 21, 2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
from the land of sky blue water!
LOL! that's right!

...from the land of sky blue water... (echo) water!
Nov 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
made of fire and pop rocks
if only we could get away with a commercial like this nowadays.

1981 Hamm's Beer commercial. (0 min 30 sec)

I can only gather, taken modern sensibilities that the beer was being touted as the best thing for your kids to pour over their corn flakes while watching Saturday morning cartoons.
Nov 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
if only we could get away with a commercial like this nowadays....
Indeed...

no sesne of "fun" anymore...
Nov 21, 2012, 07:54 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
I think I'll stick with beer & I do mean the German variety with its Reinheitsgebot dating back to 1516.

From Steve Ettlinger, the New York-based author of "Twinkie, Deconstructed."

Quote:
Twinkies' moisture comes from oil, their vitamins are fermented or created out of petroleum, and the main ingredient in the cream is probably an emulsifier called polysorbate 60.

"They have a popular pull on us as Americans," Ettlinger said. "They are cute. They are blond. They are small. They are very sweet."
http://www.sfgate.com/business/artic...#ixzz2CuMnvadT
Nov 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
RC boat Rock Star
I'm not sure how this thread went from Twinkies to beer as I just read the whole thing!
OK, the CEO of IBC after the company declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy gives himself a little bonus of $1,175,000.00 and the rest of the BOD got huge ones also yet they haven't got the money to help out their employees with health care benefits. We're all going to be screwed, glued and tatooed as I saw this coming years ago in the contracts where I work. I'm employed at a paper mill which is owned by MillerCoors and if you know the history of the Coors family, this is typical of them. It's also happening in every big company including the Big 3.
The talks are ongoing so I don't know if the people that have shabbily run IBC are going to stay on or bail to run another corporation into the ground while stuffing their pockets.
My wife stopped down at the local Butternut Bread outlet store which is the distributor of Hostess and Dolly Madison. She stocked up on the goodies at half price, a bog box of Susie Q's for $1.69.
I'll resort to Little Debbie if I have to, the junk isn't that bad but I've always hated that ugly little girl on the box for as long as I can remember!

UHF: Twinkie Wiener Sandwich (1 min 13 sec)
Nov 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Olson
I'm not sure how this thread went from Twinkies to beer as I just read the whole thing!
Blame bgnome, it's all his fault.

Somebody brought up Thatcher earlier which could have steered the conversation to British cars!
Nov 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
Thread OP
Anybody here know anything about boats?
Nov 21, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420tee
anybody here know anything about boats?
Nov 21, 2012, 09:22 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
British cars? Someone mention British cars???

These examples may have nothing at all to do with Hostess but they, a few of them at least, could be considered worthy of a mention here in Dock Talk.

Quick Reply