Armattan Quads Price List and FAQ - Page 62 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 01, 2013, 02:18 AM
Trader Rating: 34
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHayat
Just a joke, nothing to it. But I do like that new low center of gravity frame. Maybe Chris will offer it as a Standard frame.
You can get the Squid from Chris for sure, but please know it does cost more!!

More labor intensive, but well worth it. I haven't shown you guys the outside video yet.......
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2013, 02:34 AM
Trader Rating: 66
Pastor of Muppets \m/
FoggyFPV's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83
My God, its beautiful where you live. I'm jealous. I live in suburbia hell with no snow in sight.

Justin,

I used to live in Clarksville, and it is beautiful where you live compared to where I am now! I'm stuck in the oil patch that I grew up in. No trees, no hills, no mountains, no water (rain/snow/standing/running or otherwise), hell, no grass....well, i'm sure some grass but not the kind you walk on or fly over....lol. I miss TN.
Jan 01, 2013, 04:55 AM
Trader Rating: 1
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Ayodhya's Avatar
Nicely done Bryan!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin
Hello guys! Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year. Here are a FEW of my Armattan's. I am working on my new Slim-Line, low profile center by eliminating the dist board in favor a a harness. It stands 1 inch from the top of the top center plate.

Many thanks to Chris and all you guys from around the world on here that make this a friendly, informative thread.

Best wishes for the coming year!
Jan 01, 2013, 06:51 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Always Excel >>>
BenHayat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin
I haven't shown you guys the outside video yet.......
But remember, you promised us
You didn't specifically answer my other question. Which frame flies better the CNC355 or the aluminum version? If I were to get one which one? Secondly, I want to fly smooth and learn to control hovering. Should I go with 450 size?
Thanks!
Jan 01, 2013, 07:48 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Master of Disaster!
Justin83's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram
Justin,

I used to live in Clarksville, and it is beautiful where you live compared to where I am now! I'm stuck in the oil patch that I grew up in. No trees, no hills, no mountains, no water (rain/snow/standing/running or otherwise), hell, no grass....well, i'm sure some grass but not the kind you walk on or fly over....lol. I miss TN.
True. I guess it could be worse. I've got friends that live in Clarksville. Army brats from Fort Campbell. I do love the hills of Tennessee. Nice scenery, just not much snow in middle Tennessee. My friends up north have all the fun.
Jan 01, 2013, 09:21 AM
Trader Rating: 7
Registered User
I have been having some problems with orientation on my m356 quad so I made some slight modifications that will hopefully help me out. I also borrowed a go pro from work to shoot some video. Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357050099405.jpg
Views: 97
Size: 78.2 KB
Description:
Jan 01, 2013, 10:14 AM
Trader Rating: 206
bobepine's Avatar
Sorry guys, no time to post replies now. I'm off to watch a movie and off to bed early as I work tomorrow.

Just a quick announcement. As promised, the orders I said would ship this Friday will be in the mail and other orders after that were told there would be a longer turn around time because I will have the parts on January 10th. I'll do my best to have the orders prepared so that everything is ready when the metal parts arrive. Things like flasing and shrinking ESCs, preparing the boxes for shipping, writing labels, coating and drilling the M frames, etc. So things should be smooth and should ship shortly after the 10th of this month.

That said, I am now closing for orders until January 10th. Not taking any more orders until the parts are ready because I hate feeling overwhelmed with too many orders. This is still a lot more of a hobby for me than it is a business and I want to keep it fun and enjoyable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and I'll be ready to accept more orders in 10 days from now. As for the next 10 days, I will enjoy some much deserved time off and I will be working on a FPV design. Designing is what I enjoy the most (after flying), so it should be a fun time for me in the next week or so.

Ben,
I will be back here to show some drawings and ask for some feedback regarding the FPV design.

Best,
Chris
Jan 01, 2013, 11:00 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Always Excel >>>
BenHayat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
sorry guys, no time to post replies now. I'm off to watch a movie and off to bed early as i work tomorrow.

Just a quick announcement. As promised, the orders i said would ship this friday will be in the mail and other orders after that were told there would be a longer turn around time because i will have the parts on january 10th. I'll do my best to have the orders prepared so that everything is ready when the metal parts arrive. Things like flasing and shrinking escs, preparing the boxes for shipping, writing labels, coating and drilling the m frames, etc. So things should be smooth and should ship shortly after the 10th of this month.

That said, i am now closing for orders until january 10th. Not taking any more orders until the parts are ready because i hate feeling overwhelmed with too many orders. This is still a lot more of a hobby for me than it is a business and i want to keep it fun and enjoyable.

thank you for your patience and understanding and i'll be ready to accept more orders in 10 days from now. As for the next 10 days, i will enjoy some much deserved time off and i will be working on a fpv design. Designing is what i enjoy the most (after flying), so it should be a fun time for me in the next week or so.

Ben,
i will be back here to show some drawings and ask for some feedback regarding the fpv design.

Best,
chris
enjoy!!!
Jan 01, 2013, 11:05 AM
Trader Rating: 1
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Ayodhya's Avatar
Oh finally mr.workaholic takes a break, enjoy it Chris , I think I speak for everyone when I say " come back soon chief !"

Enjoy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
Sorry guys, no time to post replies now. I'm off to watch a movie and off to bed early as I work tomorrow.

Just a quick announcement. As promised, the orders I said would ship this Friday will be in the mail and other orders after that were told there would be a longer turn around time because I will have the parts on January 10th. I'll do my best to have the orders prepared so that everything is ready when the metal parts arrive. Things like flasing and shrinking ESCs, preparing the boxes for shipping, writing labels, coating and drilling the M frames, etc. So things should be smooth and should ship shortly after the 10th of this month.

That said, I am now closing for orders until January 10th. Not taking any more orders until the parts are ready because I hate feeling overwhelmed with too many orders. This is still a lot more of a hobby for me than it is a business and I want to keep it fun and enjoyable.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and I'll be ready to accept more orders in 10 days from now. As for the next 10 days, I will enjoy some much deserved time off and I will be working on a FPV design. Designing is what I enjoy the most (after flying), so it should be a fun time for me in the next week or so.

Ben,
I will be back here to show some drawings and ask for some feedback regarding the FPV design.

Best,
Chris
Jan 01, 2013, 12:48 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68
Beyond maintaining a stable flight attitude for cams, the most critical maneuver for an FPV aircraft is a vertical descent, as the aircraft must generate enough lift to reduce vertical airspeed while trashing through it's own rotor wash.
Soo .. who's up for some snow flying
When I was flying a couple days ago I was doing a long vertical descent back down through the trees and had some pretty severe looking wash to contend with. It sounded like the blades were really struggling and were pulsing to maintain stability and control. The great part is, having done this many times with the V929, the result was impressive. On the camera later I didn't even notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin83
My God, its beautiful where you live. I'm jealous. I live in suburbia hell with no snow in sight.
Did someone say snow flying? I'm in, but only because I have to!
Jan 01, 2013, 12:49 PM
Trader Rating: 17
Registered User
Maseo54's Avatar
Can't.wait.for.the fpv version....
Jan 01, 2013, 09:58 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin
Hello guys! Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Year. Here are a FEW of my Armattan's. I am working on my new Slim-Line, low profile center by eliminating the dist board in favor a a harness. It stands 1 inch from the top of the top center plate.

Many thanks to Chris and all you guys from around the world on here that make this a friendly, informative thread.

Best wishes for the coming year!
Man o man Bryan, I like those extended arms on the bottom row 2nd pic from the left. Is that the secret weapon? You need to send that one to me for testing in a VERY dry environment.

Thurmond
Jan 01, 2013, 11:01 PM
Trader Rating: 34
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3PRanch
Man o man Bryan, I like those extended arms on the bottom row 2nd pic from the left. Is that the secret weapon? You need to send that one to me for testing in a VERY dry environment.

Thurmond
Thank you but you would have to talk with Chris on that. Are you talking about the quad with the "bent" arms? That's the Squid. I am testing it all this week. Video coming soon.
Jan 02, 2013, 08:15 AM
Trader Rating: 63
Registered User
ShawnG's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan's Flyin
Thank you but you would have to talk with Chris on that. Are you talking about the quad with the "bent" arms? That's the Squid. I am testing it all this week. Video coming soon.
Cant wait to see the results, I've been messing around with my cnc 355 for fpv as of late, if this shows promise I would love to utilize it for a dedicated fpv rig.
Latest blog entry: Headplay DVR
Jan 02, 2013, 11:40 AM
Trader Rating: 0
Sodbust NW Kansas
Have to say,,, of all the quads I am impressed with your efforts.. Glad someone has taken hold of this area and putting out parts/kits and RTF..

American dream in action...

Will pace the floor till the 10th to order.
Sodbust

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Armattan Quads Announcement: Upgrade Parts bobepine Product Announcements 20 Feb 27, 2016 09:07 AM
Sold RX Ready Custom Sports Quad: Armattan 362 bobepine Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 9 Sep 24, 2012 02:24 PM
Sold Open Pilot CC quad with aluminum Frame/ leds.Update listing 18 Jan price lowered tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 8 Jan 18, 2012 08:35 PM
Sold Quad frame for sale!!! previously listed. as full quad. tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 25, 2011 09:56 AM