This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 18, 2012, 10:37 PM
Trader Rating: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb
I run the 2200 35c's from glacier. So far (about 30 cycles) I like them very much. They hold their power very well all the way to the end. They have low internal IR as measured on my powerlab 8. When they come back in stock (at the end of this month) I will pick up a few more.

My 355 quad runs great with these, and I don't start hearing the low voltage cutoff until about 3/4 of my way through the flight and then I only here it on very hard punch outs or very heavy throttle use.

My favorite pack so far...
What kind on flight times are you getting from the 2200 packs.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2012, 07:11 AM
Trader Rating: 1
Mactek: It all depends on how you fly it.

If i get over-agressive i can finish off the pack in under 5 minutes.

On the other hand when i was taking baby fpv steps i could fly 7.30-8 minutes because i was on self level and rarely going above 60% throttle.

Mind you guys i was buying my setup in prehistoric times of G10 center plates DYI-only Armattan.

So i ended up with 2822 1450kV, that means only 550g thrust/ motor, however i'm 100% satisfied with the performance.

My next setup is going to be 4S and motors from new rctimer hp motors lineup( sunnysky clones) with "shaft-less" prop adapter type.

Cheers guys
Dec 19, 2012, 07:47 AM
Shafter: What are the benefits of a "shaft-less" motor. For me that would be great considering i have lost 2 prop adapters already.
Dec 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
Trader Rating: 14
Team Armattan

Shipping time

What are you guys in the USA finding your shipping time is? I think Chris shipped my 230 around the 5th or 6th of Dec and I am still waiting today the 19th of Dec. Getting anxious to fly this little rocket.
Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 AM
Trader Rating: 206
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv
What are you guys in the USA finding your shipping time is? I think Chris shipped my 230 around the 5th or 6th of Dec and I am still waiting today the 19th of Dec. Getting anxious to fly this little rocket.
It's the holiday season, guys. Sucks but nothing I or you can do about it. Usually it's 9-10 days to the US and 7-10 days to Europe and Australia. Not this time of year, though. Patience is a virtue!

Best,
Chris
Dec 19, 2012, 12:20 PM
Trader Rating: 23
Videographer/Product Reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv
Got my latest quad in about 10 days. That was two weeks ago.

The first one took about 17 days.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
Trader Rating: 31
Mother warned you about me!
Be patient guys, it's worth the wait!
Dec 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo5
Hey Pat,
thanks for the reply. Well I'm going with the 2826/2200's so we'll see how that all works out in the fullness of shipping and my assembly. I'll try to 8" and 9" props. I'll need to get a pile of props somewhere too, as I'm sure I'll break a bunch. Where do you get yours?

I was toying with the idea of heat shrinking the ESC heat sink right to the aluminum arm, not sure if it's at all practical in reality.

I've also got to source some higher C rated batteries too. Maybe have some of these (http://www.valuehobby.com/gforce-40c...1-1v-lipo.html) shipped to my buddy in upstate NY and go and pick them up. Not sure if there are any good Canadian suppliers (I haven't found one yet) and stuff from China these days seems to be taking an age.

Well, that's it for tonight. Got hit with the flu today, so I've gotta see if I can sleep. At least I'll have the promise of a cool quad to think about.

cheers,
Andrew
Hey Andrew,

I get my props from a guy here in the forum named Dan Phillips. He's a really good guy to deal with. He has great prices, fast cheap shipping, and excellent communication. Here's his thread but make sure you click on his website and order from there to get your RCGroups discount.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1786478

I don't think I would heat shrink your ESC's directly to the arms though. Think impact, you'll want them to be able to pop loose in a crash. I'm actually considering putting a thin slice of foam between the arms and esc's to help absorb some shock because I'm sure to be making some more "Unplanned Landings" in the near future.

You getting your parts from Value Hobby and shipping to upstate NY is an excellent idea, I love those guys. Twice now I've screwed-up orders with them by not ordering everything I needed and both times they were just an email away. They would cancel my order, refund my money via PayPal, and then allow me to re-order with all the parts I needed. I highly recommend doing business with them. The battery from the link you posted is their 2200mah and I'm sure it will work fine, but I'm using their 2650mah and I'm very happy with it so far. It's not even as heavy as advertised...I want to say mine weighed-in at 231 grams??? They're just a bit wide (barely) to fit between the bolts for the frame of your Armattan, but I solved this by using two thin slices of foam/rubber and double sided tape to raise the batt just a hair above the bolts.

Here's a link to the batt I'm talking about.

EDIT It appears they no longer offer the 2650 so just go with the 2200 you posted. I may try this one next, even though it's only 30C??? Not sure how well it will work though???

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...600mah-3s.html

Here is something else you better get while you're at it, because you're going to break/loose a few:

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessorie...p-adapter.html

I also bought some L.E.D.'s from them. I haven’t mounted them yet, but when tested, they're very bright.

Hope this helps,

-Pat
Dec 19, 2012, 02:53 PM
I just ordered 8 spare prop adapters from value hobby. I hoping to have them this weekend.
Dec 19, 2012, 03:17 PM
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek
I just ordered 8 spare prop adapters from value hobby. I hoping to have them this weekend.
If you are having trouble losing them, put some blue loctite or even a SMALL dab of super glue on the threads and that will help eliminate the problem.
Dec 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
The problem i am having is the whole prop adapter flew off this time. The last couple of times just the prop nut came off which i resolved by buying some m5 wing nuts at home depot. I guess i need to check them before each pack that i fly.
Dec 19, 2012, 05:13 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Team Armattan
Quote:
The problem i am having is the whole prop adapter flew off this time. The last couple of times just the prop nut came off which i resolved by buying some m5 wing nuts at home depot. I guess i need to check them before each pack that i fly.
Get nylon insert lock nuts. They will NOT come off in flight.

Thurmond
Dec 19, 2012, 05:38 PM
Trader Rating: 40
AMA# 980507
Well some of you guys wanted a vid of my CNC355 flying...here it is. Sorry but this video isnt very good as I had to leave to go to work right after I shot this...

Armattan CNC 355 by bobpine (2 min 31 sec)
Dec 19, 2012, 05:44 PM
Trader Rating: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3UmBrA
Well some of you guys wanted a vid of my CNC355 flying...here it is. Sorry but this video isnt very good as I had to leave to go to work right after I shot this...
Looks great! Very smooth flying. You must have some damn good eyes cause a couple times I couldn't even see it.

Well done!
Dec 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
Trader Rating: 36
Quote:
What kind on flight times are you getting from the 2200 packs.
I have my timer set at 7 minutes. This is a combinations of fast foward flight, flips and rolls, loops, climb outs and hovering around. I would start around 5-6 minutes, see how much mah you put back in and go from there.

Quick Reply