Nov 25, 2012, 08:43 PM
Jamal
Thread OP
It was just on the website that I was ordering my other stuff from, http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/receiver-ready.html Which one of these is the best? One of the $59 ones.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2012, 09:12 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
well out of all those ones (the three that were $59) i would say the glider one would be the best trainer..
Nov 26, 2012, 06:22 AM
Jamal
Thread OP
Damn.. I'll order a trainer off another website then
Nov 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
hjukhjuk

Please get the Champ, it's such a fun plane!
Nov 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
hjukhjuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJamal
I'll order a trainer off another website then
Not just any trainer, a GOOD trainer such as the ones we recommended.

Stay away from ALL of these cheap rtf jets, and even trainers from China for your first few planes. If the factory worker put something together incorrectly you probably won't know what's wrong or how to fix it. Usually the electronics in them are not very good quality and could be defective and stop working when your plane is flying. On top of that, the plane might just be a horrible flying model.

There is a reason why the prices are so low.
Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 AM
hjukhjuk
Oh, and don't forget zero customer service and parts support.
Nov 26, 2012, 01:32 PM
Hopeless.
Nov 26, 2012, 01:34 PM
hjukhjuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69
Hopeless.
Yep.
Nov 26, 2012, 02:44 PM
Drone offender FA377YHFNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup
That is the kinda thinking that has china taking over ,if you want to build it at least try and then say you cant . But if you say you cant before you even try you will have already lost.
I'm not going to try to make a prop. I'm not going to try to make a servo. I'm not going to try to make my own radio receiver, electric motor, LiPo battery. Producing my own glue or covering materials would be foolish as well.

There are specialized pieces on competition airplanes made from exotic material that you MUST buy. No matter what your skill level or experience, these things are not able to be fabricated by the hobbyist. But some of those items are absolutely necessary to be competitive.

Certainly a blanket statement that "this is the kind of thinking," that common sense need not be applied to model building is madness itself. OF COURSE common sense dictates that you fabricate what you can if you find that fun. Common sense dictates that planes submitted for competition should be built by the entrant. However, too much of the time they are not.
Nov 26, 2012, 03:20 PM
Jamal
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kov16

Please get the Champ, it's such a fun plane!
Links!! Unless there already is links on here from you guys.
Nov 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox7
I can do some searching for you.. what kinda trainer are you looking for?
I hear many newbes fly a foam champ on 3 different forums and it might have been mentioned here . They say they have crashed and fixed their champ till they can fly now and their champ is still flying. I will try one more time about a edf ,all you will do if you buy one is crash it maybe on the first flight or the second .They are not made to crash or even bumb hard because of the fan tearing stuff up inside when it gets jogged. joe
Nov 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
hjukhjuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJamal
Links!! Unless there already is links on here from you guys.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...FQWnnQody08AuA

I just got one even though I'm not a beginner and it's one of my favorite planes. You can do low flybys right next to you, loops, or just float around. It's easy to fly, but not too slow or boring.
Nov 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
Jamal
Thread OP
It's too much, because I wanted to get parts for my scratch build too, and that comes to $30 itself
Nov 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
Jamal
Thread OP
AHA! my local hobbyshop has that! getting it...
Nov 26, 2012, 03:45 PM
hjukhjuk
If the Champ is too much, then the HK Atom might be good. For $36 it's a great deal and impossible to destroy (I tried ). If you read the thread you'll see I was able to do touch and goes with it on grass. The only problem is that it's on backorder and I'm not sure if it's been discontinued. It came out only a few months ago so it's strange.

You'd probably like it because it's relatively fast, and looks cool without being a pain to fly. There's only two simple mods you need to do in order to make it fly much better than stock. (They are very easy, you just need a new exacto knife and some hotglue)

It's a PNP.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24386

I'm going to try find it on another website.

Quick Reply