Nov 25, 2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the link, where is that on the home page ?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2012, 12:53 PM
Trons and Fumes
There is a blurb in the rules page, but no link on the home page that I know of.
Nov 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Actually, it does not happen regularly. It is rare to see the 'obnoxious reporting' points.

I see that page first from my favorites link.
another one today, 4 weeks strait now.
Nov 26, 2012, 09:55 AM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite
another one today, 4 weeks strait now.
Really? Looked like one, last week, (24th) one week straight now.

Besides, what significance do you place upon the fact that they enforce the rule I cited, which you also want a new rule made to do basically the same thing?

But, if you want, start keeping track to see if you can prove your point...... I will get this one for you.

Besides, I thought you had bowed out already.....

Quote:
Im done argueing the rules with you. they are there and plain to see, easily understood by most. have a wonderful day.
Last edited by wrightme; Nov 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Nov 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Really? Looked like one, last week, (24th) one week straight now.

Besides, what significance do you place upon the fact that they enforce the rule I cited, which you also want a new rule made to do basically the same thing?

But, if you want, start keeping track to see if you can prove your point...... I will get this one for you.

Besides, I thought you had bowed out already.....
crazy little got one 2 weeks ago and i forget the name of the guy last week. pretty regular occurance.
True to my post you quoted, i did not get back into the rules disscussion with you which is futile for some to understand.
I did however point out the innacuracy of the content of your post.
Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
Trons and Fumes
CL started his appeal on the 9th. Last week was the one on the 24th.

You can call that 'pretty regular occurrence' if you want......

But, judging it by one month of data isn't useful.

Quote:
crazy little got one 2 weeks ago and i forget the name of the guy last week. pretty regular occurance.
True to my post you quoted, i did not get back into the rules disscussion with you which is futile for some to understand.
I did however point out the innacuracy of the content of your post.
Really? What inaccuracy? you called the 24th, today for some reason. As for the part in bold, are you claiming to not understand? Or are you attempting to say that I do not understand something? Exactly what is it you feel I don't understand?

I clearly cited the rule you think I don't understand, and have clearly shown that I understand it. Or are you attempting to say it is some other rule (other than the Obnoxious Reporting one) that I don't understand?
Nov 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Thats not what i said. I said one should get a point for every report they do that doesnt get warned as it is against rules to report posts that dont break the rules.
It is NOT against the rules to report posts that don't break the rules.
Quote:
"Trolling (Obnoxious Reporting) The user has abused the reporting system by repeatedly requesting moderator intervention when none is required. 3 "
It IS against the rules to repeatedly report posts that don't break the rules.

I am not the one misunderstanding the rule.
Nov 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
crazy little got one 2 weeks ago and i forget the name of the guy last week.
Nope. It was overturned.
Dec 09, 2012, 11:48 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
Dunno how many times this tired old saw has to be brought up. It has been explained countless times that the notion has no merit, would provide no benefit to the RC Groups community, would operate exactly opposite to the desired mode of operation of the forum and is therefore highly unlikely to ever be implemented. More than a few Quixotic crusades have foundered on that point.
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself? WHat does it matter what goes on in LTUP to the rest of the RC Groups community? It doesn't imo.

It might bring benefit to the LTUP portion of this big forum.

The moderation in here is pathetic and if it weren't somewhat funny I'd completely bug out.

It's funny how much faster one reaches to be a Jedi rule user in here instead of just using the IGNORE function like the more rational beings.

My parents taught me that sticks and stones break bones but, names can never hurt unless you let them and that my friends is a CONCIOUS decision. I have vented on people on here but, not to a degree that it requires reporting. I too have been flagged.
Dec 09, 2012, 11:52 AM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself? WHat does it matter what goes on in LTUP to the rest of the RC Groups community? It doesn't imo..
The stated reason for LTUP is to attempt to keep that discussion away from the hobby topics, by providing a separate area for users to have as an outlet.

It doesn't really matter to the hobby subjects what happens in LTUP, other than it happen in LTUP and not in the on-topic forums.

Or, 'what happens in LTUP should stay in LTUP.'

The site owner could as easily remove LTUP and simply prohibit any off-subject posts. The site owner chose something else.
Dec 09, 2012, 12:01 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
The stated reason for LTUP is to attempt to keep that discussion away from the hobby topics, by providing a separate area for users to have as an outlet.

It doesn't really matter to the hobby subjects what happens in LTUP, other than it happen in LTUP and not in the on-topic forums.

Or, 'what happens in LTUP should stay in LTUP.'

The site owner could as easily remove LTUP and simply prohibit any off-subject posts. The site owner chose something else.
It is what it is.
Dec 09, 2012, 12:22 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
My parents taught me that sticks and stones break bones but, names can never hurt unless you let them and that my friends is a CONCIOUS decision. I have vented on people on here but, not to a degree that it requires reporting. I too have been flagged.
Reporting posts is what the site owner desires, so that infractions are brought to the attention of the moderator team.

Reporting a post, does not indicate any specific feeling of the person reporting, but at its simplest, is only an indication that someone saw a post that was likely a rule infraction.

"requires reporting" is shown by getting flagged. Specifically, by getting a post flagged, a moderator believed it to be an infraction. Thus, the 'requires reporting' term does fit.
Dec 09, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself?
It provides inflated ad impressions.
Dec 09, 2012, 03:00 PM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
Does LTUP provide benefit to the RC Groups community in itself? WHat does it matter what goes on in LTUP to the rest of the RC Groups community? It doesn't imo.
LTUP fulfills a role at RC Groups in providing a location for off topic discussion. It has done so since before RC Group was created, when it was correctly termed Off Topic Discussion.

Quote:
It might bring benefit to the LTUP portion of this big forum.

The moderation in here is pathetic and if it weren't somewhat funny I'd completely bug out.
It is your choice nobody forces anyone to post or read here.
[
Quote:
It's funny how much faster one reaches to be a Jedi rule user in here instead of just using the IGNORE function like the more rational beings.

The site owner has previously described the desired mode of operation of this forum. It is explained in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. That includes the proper use of the reporting system.
Notwithstanding all the cutesy metaphors that get rolled out to attempt to prevent posters from using the facilities as desired thevreport system is a fact of life in this forum. Railing against it has formed the Quixotic obsession of some ex~members, contributing in no small way to that status.
Dec 10, 2012, 04:08 PM
Playing with toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle
It provides inflated ad impressions.
Hard to do that when the ad servers are listed in my host file.

I have a red X showing that when I mouse ove says "dismiss", I have no clue as to what I am dismissing...

If they do publish such a figure it needs a name like a trader rating... "Rat Score" looks like a possibility or "Stoolie Score"... no matter you will turn a person with the high score in to the forum pariah... That may not be such a bad thing... Now I am wondering... Who has the high score???
Latest blog entry: ...

Quick Reply