May 05, 2014, 01:41 AM
I would like to say again you have done a great job on your covering it looks fantastic. I have been covering with colored tape for about 2 years now. But with mine after a while and change in temperature my tape jobs get bubbles and wrinkles, how do you correct that?

I love covering with the tape it's lightweight and looks good once you figure out how to do it. Any tips you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks Bill
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2014, 06:16 AM
Well, covering with packing tape is very specific thing. As as said, I use iron to make covering smooth. You have to experiment, to adjust heat correctly. It can`t be too cold, because tape won`t stick very well, and not too hot, because too hot iron is making bubbles instantly, or even melting tape. Bubbles can be pinned, to let out the air. Finally, I use metal ruler to do straight cuts.
May 05, 2014, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arm1s
Well, covering with packing tape is very specific thing. As as said, I use iron to make covering smooth. You have to experiment, to adjust heat correctly. It can`t be too cold, because tape won`t stick very well, and not too hot, because too hot iron is making bubbles instantly, or even melting tape. Bubbles can be pinned, to let out the air. Finally, I use metal ruler to do straight cuts.
Thanks for the reply (Quick Reply) I have used the iron, but I need more work at that. Some times it shrinks and the tape pulls in at the seams, so I know it is too hot. I will just keep trying until I get it down.

Do you make your cuts before or after you apply the tape.

Thanks Bill
May 05, 2014, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by propjobbill
Do you make your cuts before or after you apply the tape.
Mostly after applying tape, but before heating with iron.
May 05, 2014, 09:44 AM
Thanks, You do a beautiful job, and I like the color schemes you come up with.
May 05, 2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks you for kind words Does it look similiar to Precision Aerobatics Extra MX ?
May 10, 2014, 12:10 PM
Will be finished soon

May 10, 2014, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arm1s
Thanks you for kind words Does it look similiar to Precision Aerobatics Extra MX ?
I did a search on The precision Aerobatics Extra MX, because I had no idea what they looked like. I found a video of that plane. I don't know if this video is an RC simulator or the real thing video. But I can say you plane looks like this one.

I just wish I could fly like this person can, You did a superb job on your build and finish. Hope it flies great for you.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1043175
May 10, 2014, 11:36 PM
After taking a closer look at the above link post, it seems to be the real thing what an incredible flight.
May 16, 2014, 02:55 PM
Maiden flight was successful. I was flying parkjets for a while, so my fingers were a bit "rusty". But I was able to hover it, do some flatspins, KE spins, thumbles. Rudder and elevator authority is INSANE. Landings are just piece of cake.

Final specs:
Wingspan 120 cm (48")
RTF weight with 3s 2.2Ah battery: 1100g (39oz)
Turnigy 3639 Brushless Motor 1100kv with 12x6 APC prop (going to try 13x6)
Turnigy 3s 2200mah 20C battery
Tower Pro Mag8 40-50A ESC
Turnigy 9018MG servos
May 16, 2014, 06:14 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
Nice Extra build. Are you making your own canopies or is that a store bought item?
May 17, 2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks. I made it from PET bottle.
May 20, 2014, 04:06 PM
All in all, this is a fun plane to fly
Jun 22, 2014, 06:02 AM
Quite boring video, but still better than nothing

Pasiskraidymas part 1 pilot Arminas :D Hippie Sabotage - Stay High (Tove Lo Flip) (4 min 19 sec)
Jun 22, 2014, 06:05 AM
Video of flying with fireworks coming soon.

Quick Reply