Thread Tools
Nov 16, 2012, 12:24 AM
Suspended Account
New Product

Yet another Walkera release; The Genius CP V2


I was sifting through the site looking for new releases then stumbled upon this. http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-geniu...f-p-64404.html

It seems to have a new RX and new canopy with different colour scheme, but I didn't read up on the rest.

I wont be buying one, but thought I would point it out to any Walkera fans.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2012, 03:48 AM
Registered User
Atleast they have finally realized that their black/red canopys are horrid. I love that.blue/yellow one (but im swedish).
Nov 16, 2012, 07:15 AM
Registered User
Did a quick search, can't find anything on this.

I'm glad that it's getting refreshed, but they could atleast have made a compatible frame with replaceable skids.
Nov 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Did a quick search, can't find anything on this.

I'm glad that it's getting refreshed, but they could atleast have made a compatible frame with replaceable skids.

i can't imagine why someone would get this over the minicp that has removeable landing gear.....changing the frame sux
Nov 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
i can't imagine why someone would get this over the minicp that has removeable landing gear.....changing the frame sux
The receiver of the Mini CP seems to be much more susceptible to being damaged than that of the Genius CP. So that many users here have stopped flying the Mini CP in favor of the V120D02S, Although we can get damaged receivers repaired for free, it is still a major nuisance. Apparently, the trade price of the Genius is now more than that of the Mini CP.
Nov 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Did a quick search, can't find anything on this.

I'm glad that it's getting refreshed, but they could atleast have made a compatible frame with replaceable skids.
I think that this is Walkera's excuse to use up an abundance of spares that are remaining from the original version.

Maybe they thought that the original Genius would of sold significantly more than they did. This is my guess.

Walkera are renowned for using ancient inventory on newer models, and this can be witnessed just by looking at the RK-400SD brushed 380 size motor.

The RK-400SD motor was used as far back as the Walkera DF36 and is still used on V400d02 and Master CP, both of which are recent designs.
Nov 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The receiver of the Mini CP seems to be much more susceptible to being damaged than that of the Genius CP. So that many users here have stopped flying the Mini CP in favor of the V120D02S, Although we can get damaged receivers repaired for free, it is still a major nuisance. Apparently, the trade price of the Genius is now more than that of the Mini CP.
How can we get the receivers repaired for free?
Nov 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy1973 View Post
How can we get the receivers repaired for free?
You need to go through your vendor. The problem is that many overseas vendors are unwilling to send stuff back to Walkera in China.
Nov 16, 2012, 10:48 PM
Registered User
waveOmatic's Avatar
Quote:
You need to go through your vendor. The problem is that many overseas vendors are unwilling to send stuff back to Walkera in China.
That is very useful information, zadaw, I am sending eHIROBO an email to see if that can be done with my board. Thank you, at this point I have nothing to lose.
Nov 17, 2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveOmatic View Post
That is very useful information, zadaw, I am sending eHIROBO an email to see if that can be done with my board. Thank you, at this point I have nothing to lose.
I hope things will get sorted out. What we need is a list of vendors who are willing to do it. Things are complicated by the fact that not all Hong Kong / China vendors are authorized vendors.
Nov 17, 2012, 10:33 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
I was hoping walkera would release something the size of the nano cp or smaller
Nov 18, 2012, 08:19 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
You need to go through your vendor. The problem is that many overseas vendors are unwilling to send stuff back to Walkera in China.
I tried sending Wow Hobbies an email and they denied me. They don't participate in any repair services
Blah.
Nov 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
Registered User
I for one see no downside of improving a current model. Plain and simple if you don't like it don't buy it. At half the cost of Similar Blade heli I go Walkrea. Wow hobbies has this as a brushless version also. You can get it for Devo or older TX's.
Nov 18, 2012, 11:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I for one see no downside of improving a current model. Plain and simple if you don't like it don't buy it. At half the cost of Similar Blade heli I go Walkrea. Wow hobbies has this as a brushless version also. You can get it for Devo or older TX's.
Did you find out what's been changed?
Nov 19, 2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User
my cp started doing some death twitch in the air, ive been debating getting a mini, now it will be a tough choice. I really want to know what the difference is.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade Mcpx v1 v2 vs Walkera Mini Cp vs Genius Cp vs solo pro 100 3d f.a.r.m.e.r Micro Helis 134 Mar 30, 2016 10:51 AM
New Product Astroid Designs High Performance Motor/ESC Upgrade Kit for Walkera Genius CP/Mini CP Tom Z Micro Helis 118 Mar 28, 2013 07:44 PM
Sold Walkera Genius CP and Walkera V120D06 RTF Oh Look a Cow Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Aug 14, 2012 08:16 PM
Wanted Want Mini CP / Genius CP / m CP X v2 for trade / cash GrandpappyToke Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 07, 2012 07:18 PM
Sold Walkera Genius CP/Mini CP brushless motors RawmadeCF Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 May 04, 2012 12:33 AM