Thread Tools
Nov 14, 2012, 10:14 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
Discussion

wing locks for plug in wings


I found this toy in Dollar Tree, is is composed of friction parts.
I think they definetely can be used for wing locks for plug in wings , You get about 50 for a buck, lol

They are hard to pull apart..
Last edited by bushpilotx1; Nov 16, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2012, 08:13 PM
KE your cub.
Curare's Avatar
Wing lock? You mean like a hold down?

Considering the loads imparted to the connections between wing and fuselage, using a friction fit in that spot is a sure fire way to have your fuselage part company from the wing.

Me no likey!
Nov 15, 2012, 08:48 PM
Goneflying
My friends foam slope glider (sorry dont know the name of it) has wings that are just pushed into the fuse & stay put with just friction. He was flying it in 30mph winds. I thought they would come flying apart too but held no problem. Heck if I know how they stayed on
There must not be a lot of G's on the wings horizontally across the wings. I think those locks would work great
Nov 16, 2012, 12:28 AM
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydreamer
My friends foam slope glider (sorry dont know the name of it) has wings that are just pushed into the fuse & stay put with just friction. He was flying it in 30mph winds. I thought they would come flying apart too but held no problem. Heck if I know how they stayed on
There must not be a lot of G's on the wings horizontally across the wings. I think those locks would work great
Only one way to find out..........
Nov 16, 2012, 01:02 AM
Entropy is happening!
Jim.Thompson's Avatar
They look good.
Is "Dollar Tree" an online store? Or is a chain store in the US?

I would like some, and I live in Australia.

Jim.
Nov 16, 2012, 01:04 AM
Entropy is happening!
Jim.Thompson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare
Wing lock? You mean like a hold down?

.......................!
No. I am taking it for granted that he means for retaining "plug in" wings. Not for top fitted one piece wings.
Nov 16, 2012, 05:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbello
They look good.
Is "Dollar Tree" an online store? Or is a chain store in the US?

I would like some, and I live in Australia.

Jim.
JIm,
No online only brick and mortar.... sorry..
Nov 16, 2012, 07:08 AM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
Jim I will gadly buy one and send it to you, you get about 30 pieces for $ 1.00 it may be 1 $ plus maybe 3 for shipping , let me know if you want one just sem me your info , Geoff
Last edited by bushpilotx1; Nov 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Nov 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Majortomski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbello
They look good.
Is "Dollar Tree" an online store? Or is a chain store in the US?

I would like some, and I live in Australia.

Jim.
As said above it's a brick and mortar only chain with a very unique marketing scheme. EVERY ITEM in the store is $1.00! from scissors to food. And they make a huge profit!
Nov 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
KE your cub.
Curare's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbello
No. I am taking it for granted that he means for retaining "plug in" wings. Not for top fitted one piece wings.
In that case, yeah, they look great! Just dont want people using them in the wrong way is all.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idea Twist and lock wing retention? Stuart A Nurflügel 7 Oct 15, 2012 02:09 PM
Discussion Twist and lock wing retention? Stuart A The Builders Workshop 6 Oct 14, 2012 02:58 PM
Sold Wing Retainer System & Wing Lock Set iflytailies Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 5 Sep 26, 2012 04:08 PM
Discussion Wings Over Piper, 3-5 Aug, Lock Haven, PA Captain Dunsel Electric Flight Events 6 Aug 07, 2012 03:05 PM
Sold Wing Retainer System & Wing Lock Set iflytailies Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 4 Mar 26, 2012 04:44 PM