New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by chip.greely
Discussion

PLUS ads

OK,

...they have been posted for awhile now and I have to ask if anyone else finds the PLUS member ad pictures, running down the lefthand side of the Classifieds section annoying or disenfranchising?

I liked the random pictures of recent postings much better than a dedicated area for those that bucked up some greenbacks.

Flame on
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
I'm with you, it's been discussed before. But that's the perks when you buy a plus account.
I don't like it, but I doubt it will change
Garrett
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:43 PM
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
I'm ok with it...I even thought about joining it to support RCG,...if only for the larger mailboxes.

Let's put it this way- How/Why do you think we get this "Free" service? RCG's gotta make money somehow....

on a side note, RCG could be a "paid site" and have no advertisement, no plus account...but would you be willing to pay for RCG on a monthly basis?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:11 AM
Find More Posts by Jason_WI
Cox Engine Hoarder
I haven't found a reason to switch from the classic site yet.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by chip.greely
Although I appreciate that RCG needs to pay the bills to keep providing this beloved service, I doubt that the $5 per PLUS Member is doing that. More likely Sponsors and advertising pays the bills.

I miss the frequently updating 'newly posted' pictures in different catagories. I would peruse the Classified page for pictures of the newly posted items and now find no reason to.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip.greely View Post
Although I appreciate that RCG needs to pay the bills to keep providing this beloved service, I doubt that the $5 per PLUS Member is doing that. More likely Sponsors and advertising pays the bills.

I miss the frequently updating 'newly posted' pictures in different catagories. I would peruse the Classified page for pictures of the newly posted items and now find no reason to.
You sure about that $5? Unless you were invited, Last I heard it cost a pretty penny more than that.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by porcia83
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
You sure about that $5? Unless you were invited, Last I heard it cost a pretty penny more than that.
5 a month, or 50 for the year.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by Mark Wood
characters welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_WI View Post
+1

mw
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_WI View Post
I wouldn't mind the larger mailbox. I have enough conversations here to where I have to sorta delete my inbox about every few days....which is a real bummer.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by AndyOne
Oxford Panic
Why not just copy the text out of your mailbox and save it in a word file.

A.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyOne View Post
Why not just copy the text out of your mailbox and save it in a word file.

A.
easy to do with 2 emails, harder to do with 200.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
I don't find it annoying at all.