Can't Find Post About Stopwatch on Launch Preset Switch - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 09, 2003, 09:07 AM
Question

Can't Find Post About Stopwatch on Launch Preset Switch

Hi, All!

Can anyone help me find a post from earlier this year, describing someone's stopwatch being started by releasing their launch preset, and being stopped by switching off their landing-mode? I'd like to duplicate that setup!

Thanks in advance,

Marc
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2003, 03:52 PM
Marc,

Are you talking about a timer built into your Tx, or a way to start/stop an external stopwatch?

-- Tom
Dec 09, 2003, 04:07 PM
Hi, Tom!

Someone had posted a while back about how they use their flight mode switch to automatically start/stop the stopwatch function in their TX.

Is it possible it was on SALglider? I'll check there, too.

Peace,

Marc
Dec 09, 2003, 05:22 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Marc,

What Tx do you have? Tom and I have the same Tx (FUTABA 8U) and you can program it to start with any switch.

-J
Dec 09, 2003, 06:24 PM
Thanks, Jeb. I was wondering about which radio it was. My receivers are JR, so I don't think I can use the Futaba. (Can I?) Also, I'm budget constrained. An Airtronics RD8000 TX can be had for $130, but its stopwatch doesn't appear to have that feature.

Peace,

Marc
Dec 09, 2003, 09:02 PM
My other TX is a P4000.
The Multiplex EVO can be set to start a count-up or count-down timer with either a switch, button or with a Flight Phase mode.

The EVO can be used with any receiver brand and the synthesized version can transmit on any channel.

It's pricier, yes, but a long lasting investment.

-joedy
Dec 09, 2003, 10:45 PM
Thanks, Joedy!

Marc