Nov 14, 2012, 11:25 AM
Gary
Thread OP
Discussion

US warehouse: 3 weeks and waiting!

I ordered lipos from HK USA warehouse 3 weeks ago. Today I checked the status:
Package Services Delivered November 13, 2012, 10:44 am LAKEWOOD, WA 98499
So can I assume my package was delivered BACK to the Hobby King warehouse after never leaving Washington state? How weird is that?
The weird thing is the last order from the US warehouse, made 1 week after this one, I got in 6 days!
The US Post Office will not release the delivery address to me, only to HK. I contacted HK about this six days ago, and never heard back other than a we will look into it. There is also NO open ticket on my account, so I filed another one. Glad this is not for a critical part I need!

Gary in Salisbury, MD,
and not in Lakewood Washington
PS I've ordered things from Hong Kong I got much quicker!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
Space Coast USA
Are you using the Support Centre "Submit a Request"?
If so, just reopen the closed ticket Gary, that keeps all the info in one spot.

Click on the one originally posted and open it. You have the option to "create a follow up" at the bottom of the page.
Nov 14, 2012, 05:23 PM
Gary
Thread OP
Thanks Hoppy: Just said this on my order "parcel not received, please open investigation
ken/8/11/2012" lol
I did find my other request under "support center", from 6 days ago. = "solved"
Now it says "solved" for the email I sent today, they claim they have contacted the "post" just like last time. Maybe it will actually work this time, but I'm guessing there is no follow-up to a "solved" issue!
Last edited by glmccready; Nov 14, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Nov 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
Space Coast USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready
Thanks Hoppy: Just said this on my order "parcel not received, please open investigation
ken/8/11/2012" lol
I did find my other request under "support center", from 6 days ago. = "solved"
Now it says "solved" for the email I sent today, they claim they have contacted the "post" just like last time. Maybe it will actually work this time, but I'm guessing there is no follow-up to a "solved" issue!
Just keep on re-opening the "solved" Issue Request to continue the action. Sometimes the third time is the charm.
On the dark side, USPS lost package actions require I think it's almost 4 weeks before they consider the package lost. Hope yours can be found quickly. But keep your eye on the calendar so you can file a PP action before time runs out if things don't resolve themselves.
Nov 14, 2012, 07:04 PM
Gary
Thread OP
hoppy: I don't think it was really "lost" but was listed as "returned to sender" on Oct 31st, and delivered yesterday, which means the Hobby King has it back! They just kept saying they would chcek with the "post" and the US postal service says it was delivered, (but not to me.) It never left Washington state and since I'm in Maryland.... I felt like I was getting the run around after my 3rd email and filed a dispute with Paypal.
Now my order and the ticket do not exist on Hobby Kings website. I also do not have my batteries or a paypal credit! I'm sure Paypal will cover it, but it seems like poor customer service. Hobby King, at least, can not delete the tracking info from the US Postal site and pretend it never happened! (like they did my order) I'll give it day and see if they credit my Paypal before escalating it to a claim!
Nov 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
Gary
Thread OP
FYI:
Package Services Delivered November 13, 2012, 10:44 am LAKEWOOD, WA 98499
Expected Delivery By: November 7, 2012 Delivery Confirmation™
Notice Left November 09, 2012, 12:06 pm LAKEWOOD, WA 98499
Arrival at Post Office November 01, 2012, 5:09 am LAKEWOOD, WA 98499
Processed through USPS Sort Facility October 31, 2012, 7:47 pm FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility October 31, 2012, 9:34 am LAKEWOOD, WA 98499

Return to Sender October 31, 2012, 6:36 am FEDERAL WAY, WA
Electronic Shipping Info Received October 24, 2012
Shipment Accepted October 24, 2012, 6:37 pm TACOMA, WA 98413
Nov 14, 2012, 07:28 PM
Space Coast USA
The US warehouse has a shipping option called " Self collection in Lakewood United States warehouse " which is the default. Could that option have been mistakenly used? That would explain it never leaving WA.
??

Did they credit you any Points?
Nov 14, 2012, 08:23 PM
Gary
Thread OP
With self collection there is no postage fee, I assume. I paid USPS Parcel Post 5-6Day US-PP $13.97 for shipping! I doubt they would charge me $14 to pick it up at thier own warehouse and provide a routing number? If that was the case, they should have let me know, but I just got the run around. No credit to Paypal, no points.
Nov 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
Space Coast USA
I see you filed a PP claim, that was probably the best way to handle your problem after 3 weeks in the hopper and solid evidence that it was their problem. Have you tried hobbypartz or headsuprc batteries?
Nov 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
Gary
Thread OP
hoppy: I just switched to ZIppy's and have avoided Turnigy over the last 3-4 months. I have not tried hobbypartz or headsuprc. Are those what you use? I'm not sure who else would sell Zippy either?
Nov 14, 2012, 10:21 PM

shipping

Hobbyking USA shipping about the same as international shipping don't think they have figured
out how to ship in the USA or maybe they have price of item is about 20 % higher with about same shipping
Nov 14, 2012, 10:40 PM
Gary
Thread OP
Greg: yea, the prices are about the same, but you usually get the items in a week, instead of 3 weeks. I think the 8amp Zippy's were about $3 more in the US, but the shipping was a bit cheaper.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:10 PM
Space Coast USA
Ine
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready
hoppy: I just switched to ZIppy's and have avoided Turnigy over the last 3-4 months. I have not tried hobbypartz or headsuprc. Are those what you use? I'm not sure who else would sell Zippy either?
I've used the hobbypartz GensAce . The headsuprc has a new brand which they are excited about and shipping is only $2 with same day shipping.

The packs I like best right now are the HK zippy compact line but I'll probably try the headsuprc packs next.

Turnigy nano, all mine have puffed a little, no more for me.
Nov 14, 2012, 11:19 PM
Gary
Thread OP
Yea, I was using the Nanos and they are worthless after about 40 flights. Seemed to charge fine but the voltage drops fast and they only last about 4min, and only use about 1/4 the capacity before the voltage dropped to 14.5 (my cutoff for my helis) I switched to Zippys and haven't had near the problems, and they go 7-8 min, and still use 2/3 of capacity, before the voltage drops. I was going to try the Zippy 8000mah....but never got them...lol
I've heard pretty good things about the Ace!
Nov 15, 2012, 08:51 AM
Space Coast USA
Unfortunately, there have been some pans on the ACES recently. I'd check it out to see if its mah specific. Check out this link. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1767093

Quick Reply