Nov 13, 2012, 10:32 PM
Noob Quad Jockey
Question

Need help figuring out correct ESC amperage...

I'm looking at purchasing these motors, and the specs are presented in a slightly different way than I'm used to, so I'm not sure what ESC to get, or whether I maybe already have something in the toolbox that'll drive these.

The Detail page for these talks about "max efficiency current", which just from the name I can tell is not very useful for calculating correct current draw, and "current capacity", which I don't even know what that is, but it sounds like "burst" current.

What number should I be looking at when choosing an ESC to drive these?
Last edited by xoxota; Nov 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
Noob Quad Jockey
Seriously? Does nobody on RCGroups know how to choose an ESC? Or maybe this isjust such a dumb question that nobody wants to answer it?
Nov 21, 2012, 11:25 AM
If your motors max amp is 20 buy a 30a esc. Or similar, motors max amp plus 20% then your good. and also make sure that voltage your want to use that esc support it.
those motors you show says max 14a, then a 20a esc should be enough.
edit didnt see the 26a /60s . i see what you mean.
Get the 30a Plush escs, im using them with this motor http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17345