Dec 29, 2012, 07:01 AM
Mmmmmmm!
So these are in stock now, any idea if they're good?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ntroller_.html

I'm currently on my way back home, won't be back in my flat until 8pm or so. So I won't work on the frame today, I just want to relax for a while.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2012, 07:04 AM
Those are also a little slow, I have 2 of those.
I'm starting to suspect being slow is inherit to 1s ESCs.
Dec 29, 2012, 07:05 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Well... I don't think they were designed with multirotors in mind. :P Just tiny indoor planes without much control authority or speed. I hope there's an Arduino Nano waiting for me at home right now so I can flash these with BLHeli. If BLHeli is anything like SimonK then I will be very happy.
Dec 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Tadaaaa!

But I still have a long ways to go before I have a working quad. If I even get that far, we'll see how it goes!

Dec 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
Aha, well on your way I see! Im actually a bit jealous of your carbonfiber model, it looks quite nice.
I bet its quite light as well!

I truly hope those ESCs are the little miracles we've been looking for.
Dec 30, 2012, 05:03 PM
Mmmmmmm!
It's very light yeah. Not quite as stiff as I thought it would be, but considering how little weight it needs to carry, it won't be a problem. Now I just need to figure out the wiring, pull off a bunch of unnecessary pins from the Afro Mini board and so on. Think I'll stay up for a couple of hours and work on this thing. Won't have time for this tomorrow, it's new years eve and I'm going to a party. :P Also, fireworks.

I'll cut another one from 1.5mm CF later. Unfortunately, with the 300x100 sheets I'm not sure I can cut a frame that'll work with 3x2 props. I might have to find a bigger sheet later if I don't get enough lift from the 2x1 props.
Dec 30, 2012, 06:51 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
You cut that by hand..?
Look like the sheet was just a bit too small.. there are flat spot on the motor mount.

Look real good..
Dec 30, 2012, 06:53 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Nah, me and my father drew it in EdgeCam, generated a program, I then prepared a CNC machine at work and cut it. Unfortunately, we didn't have any good tools at hand, so we had to improvise a bit and the mount wasn't perfect... So we got a few flat edges. Not that it matters in the end, itll still perform well, flat edge or not. :P The program was made so the entire sheet was used, so we had to mount it at a perfect 90 angle. We couldn't.

Still, the end result was surprisingly good considering how crappy our solution was.
Dec 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck
Nah, me and my father drew it in EdgeCam, generated a program, I then prepared a CNC machine at work and cut it. Unfortunately, we didn't have any good tools at hand, so we had to improvise a bit and the mount wasn't perfect... So we got a few flat edges. Not that it matters in the end, itll still perform well, flat edge or not. :P

Still, the end result was surprisingly good considering how crappy our solution was.
Sure and you can be proud to have made it yourself..
What kind of CNC it was ?
Dec 30, 2012, 06:59 PM
Mmmmmmm!
An old, used and worn out Dyna DM1007. It's an old brand, not sure if they make machines anymore. I wanted to use a newer machine, but I could not be arsed to remove the axis guards, hook up the spindle oil cooler etc..
Dec 30, 2012, 07:02 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
An old, used and worn out Dyna DM1007. It's an old brand, not sure if they make machines anymore. I wanted to use a newer machine, but I could not be arsed to remove the axis guards, hook up the spindle oil cooler etc..
A big milling?
I like cnc.. Haha
Dec 30, 2012, 07:15 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Nah, its quite small. 250mm in X, 200 in Y. Something like that. :P CNC machines are great, I wish I had one at home.
Dec 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
Nah, its quite small. 250mm in X, 200 in Y. Something like that. :P CNC machines are great, I wish I had one at home.
Here is my baby..

It's a routing table not a milling.
Would like to have a smaller stronger thing to cut Aluminum clean and fast.
Still experiencing with Alu.
Dec 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
Mmmmmmm!
That's certainly good enough for making frames. Most of them consist of flat parts anyway. :P
Dec 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Quote:
That's certainly good enough for making frames. Most of them consist of flat parts anyway. :P
Yes mostly..

I am playing with a design i like these days.