View Poll Results: What applications would you use balancing for?
helicopters 5 15.63%
Turbines 5 15.63%
Electric Ducted Fans 29 90.63%
Drones 3 9.38%
Aircraft Props 15 46.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 19, 2020, 04:34 AM
Good vibrations.
Thread OP

Software Version 6

Hey guys

A new software update is available. A new interface has been created to streamline the workflow.

Check it out now at www.dynexhobby.com

regards

DH
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2020, 02:01 PM

turbine balance

I have the impluse unit, with the platumn software. Seems to work well, got a updated ir sensor from polopul made rpm reading better for short time still having trouble???? With out IR not working my phase shift is
not working properly yes / no . Is there a better sensor avalilble??

How important is to calibrate accelerator sensors, can I skip it??

Once i get past resonant freak. is it pretty much getting vibration mv to minimum . Your chart suggest 1.0 to 2.0 m/v for small machine . Im balancing a two plane turbine. The compressor wheel was changed . I ran it to 1200 rpm vib. level at 3. to 4. at 4000 rpm 15 to 20 mv.

My comp wheel spins counter clock wise . When recording the reading says minus .90 deg. for weight position.
would that be to the left, or taking reference from your system which is to left deducting 90 from 360 equal to 270 bal.
point..

Also if I run the two plane system and advanced vib. meter at the same time, there are differences. Or should I run two plane system only.

Is your system comparable to these supposed expensive system that jetcat uses. Can I achieve that higher level of
accuracy need to do 130,000 rpm. So far the sensitivty seem good for the application.

Mounting accerators, I mounted them the way yours are at horrizontal position and wire base parrelle to disc. 1 and 2
and my vibration volts increased from 2 to 3 mv to20 mv . also my resonants doubled 50 to 100.
I intially had them mounted vertical , (wires down just below the v block mount and my vibe was 2 to 3 mv and my
resonants was 50 at 1200rpm but I had read yours is the correct way. Would it matter if go back to my orig. mode.

thank you rich barile
Last edited by sackrc; Feb 20, 2020 at 12:35 PM. Reason: additional info

Quick Reply