EDF Balancer - Page 78 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: What applications would you use balancing for?
helicopters 3 12.50%
Turbines 4 16.67%
Electric Ducted Fans 23 95.83%
Drones 2 8.33%
Aircraft Props 10 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 31, 2017, 01:13 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynexhobby
New laser sensor module available. This is a direct substitute for the ir sensor. See http://dynexhobby.ashop.me/p/9280515...or-module.html

*Note the sensor may not work directly with the Vortex. The Vortex has a lower power supply to the ir sensor. If you wish to use it on the Vortex you will need to bootstrap the 5v power pin to the laser sensor.

Can you explain the bootstrap? or a quick schematic?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2017, 08:57 PM
Good vibrations.
Sure, in the attached image (sorry its an old image), connect the red wire from the Laser module to the center pin of ACC2. Hope that helps.
Dec 27, 2017, 01:17 AM
Good vibrations.
Dear Drone Users,

Our AirTune software has been updated to perform simple 2 blade balancing.

enjoy!
Jun 13, 2018, 04:21 AM
Good vibrations.
Dear Friends,

We have just finished updating our Platinum software. The latest version now includes full functionality for balancing turbines. A lot of guesswork has been automated and you can now calibrate your test rig once and then use that data to run balancing on multiple rotors. The new code is located under the "Jet" button.

In addition, we are also working on a complete balancing system that will include a professionally manufactured balance rig. Watch this space!

Download the latest version here: http://www.dynexhobby.com/software/dynexhobby.zip

Enjoy!
Jun 13, 2018, 08:42 PM
Multifaceted Heli Nut
Thank you!
Jun 26, 2018, 05:43 PM
I just bought the Impulse balancer. Can anyone tell me what to use for balancing weight for the EDF fans? What do you use and how do you attach the weight?
Jun 26, 2018, 07:30 PM
Good vibrations.
You can use epoxy putty. Mix it, apply it like a putty and shave weight off until you have the right balance. When it cures it will bond to the EDF surface. Only apply it to the inside of the center hub so it doesn't fling outward.
Jun 27, 2018, 09:17 AM
Sorry not an expert but can one use a self tapping screw instead?
Jun 27, 2018, 11:33 AM
I use aluminum duct tape on the inside of the impeller hub. Attach it in such way that centrifugal force would press it in even more.

Have ~100 hours of cumulative run time on 2 Eflite fans. Still holding on strong.
Jun 29, 2018, 05:44 AM
bps
bps
Quote:
Originally Posted by F86_sabre
Sorry not an expert but can one use a self tapping screw instead?
I would not use anything that puts holes in the rotor. Tape or glue applied to the inside of the rotor hub or spinner makes the most since. Like others have posted centrifugal force keeps the balance weight firmly attached.

Quick Reply