Aug 21, 2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSt
A "few" years ago, I had a similar problem, and I pondered visiting the local fire dept, to see if maybe they would like to do a "training exercise" with their hook'n ladder.

But I decided on a more "rational" approach :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...26&postcount=5

Mike
That was hilarious. I could see the escalations... each step just a little more, until in the end one is using 1000's of dollars of equipment, dozens of men, and huge amounts of time. The price of the object has long be surpassed, but now it is FOR HONOR !!!!

Ad Astra, for honor !!!!

Dan
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2013, 05:50 PM
Yah, I stopped short of buying / bringing an extension ladder, or buying multiple ladders and taping them together

I forgot to mention, that the tubing & bow-and-arrow experiment was carried out on a nice sunny weekend.

The "tree" was as it turns out, right in the direct walking path to the baseball stadium from the parking lot.

Many people walked by on their way to watching the little league-rs, but nobody stopped to ask what the heck I was doing !

Actually there were a couple of people. I remember one guy stopping by, and we had a chat, while we sat at the nearby picnic table. I don't remember what we talked about. (He wasn't a cop or park ranger though ).

And a lady stopped when I was about to fire the bow and arrow and was curious about it, how far the arrow would go. After checking that the nearby large field was empty I fired off a "shot" to show her

Mike

Quick Reply