Thread Tools
Nov 09, 2012, 12:59 PM
EDF all the way!
bruff's Avatar
Discussion

Blast from the past!


Acquired a used Philp Avonds/Aeroloft F-15 was flown glow. Ramtec/KB 100. The previous owner cleaned it up to install a turbine (cleaned all the glow fuel residue). I installed an XPS Dynamax Extreme Pro fan, Hacker/Jeti Spin 125 ESC and going with 12S 5000ma Haiyin 40C batteries. Batteries go either side of the thrust tube to get B/P CG. Going to fly a couple of times then get it a good prep and paint job. RTF weight is around 16 lbs.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2012, 02:07 PM
Pro Hoarder
turbonut's Avatar
oooo Nice
Nov 09, 2012, 02:37 PM
Registered User
Gamalier's Avatar
Sweet buy Bob!

Good luck with the flights. I almost buy an Avonds Rafale from Philip but I ended up buying a Grumania 1:10 Eurofighter because it's final weight will fit the fan better (Stumax 110-52). Get us some video of the flights!!
Nov 09, 2012, 03:04 PM
Registered User
jefffassbinder's Avatar

Nice F-15


Bob,

Please share your conversion process and how she flies. I would really like to see this big F-15 go. Well congrats on your new project it looks great.
Nov 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
rcshirt's Avatar
NICE
Nov 09, 2012, 04:17 PM
EDF all the way!
bruff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffassbinder
Bob,

Please share your conversion process and how she flies. I would really like to see this big F-15 go. Well congrats on your new project it looks great.
Not much to convert other Dynamax for Ramtec and the batteries replace the fuel tanks. Hope to have at the Arizona Jet Rally next week. Per the instruction it should have RTF weight of 15 lbs. Kit is still available from AeroLoft designs.
Bob
Nov 09, 2012, 04:36 PM
Registered User
Gamalier's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
Not much to convert other Dynamax for Ramtec and the batteries replace the fuel tanks. Hope to have at the Arizona Jet Rally next week. Per the instruction it should have RTF weight of 15 lbs. Kit is still available from AeroLoft designs.
Bob
Bob,

Do they also have the other Avonds planes?
Nov 09, 2012, 05:05 PM
Registered User
erh7771's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
Acquired a used Philp Avonds/Aeroloft F-15 was flown glow. Ramtec/KB 100. The previous owner cleaned it up to install a turbine (cleaned all the glow fuel residue). I installed an XPS Dynamax Extreme Pro fan, Hacker/Jeti Spin 125 ESC and going with 12S 5000ma Haiyin 40C batteries. Batteries go either side of the thrust tube to get B/P CG. Going to fly a couple of times then get it a good prep and paint job. RTF weight is around 16 lbs.
NICE!!!

How much do your wings weigh?

thx in advance

regards
Nov 09, 2012, 05:08 PM
deltas are cool
AIR SALLY's Avatar
nice do you have the plans for this plane?
Nov 09, 2012, 06:51 PM
More Speed Indeed!
Hossinarizona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
Not much to convert other Dynamax for Ramtec and the batteries replace the fuel tanks. Hope to have at the Arizona Jet Rally next week. Per the instruction it should have RTF weight of 15 lbs. Kit is still available from AeroLoft designs.
Bob
Hey Bob,
Are you going to be there Friday, looking forward to seeing you.
Mike
Nov 09, 2012, 07:26 PM
EDF all the way!
bruff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier
Bob,

Do they also have the other Avonds planes?
The F-104, Rafel and F-15 They also have a T-2 Buckeye
Bob
Nov 09, 2012, 07:26 PM
EDF all the way!
bruff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
nice do you have the plans for this plane?
No I know a guy who has a kit.
Bob
Nov 10, 2012, 08:27 AM
Registered User
bri6672's Avatar
That thing will fly like a dream t that weight!!!! I had one last year but never finished it, I sold it when I had a chance to acquire a Yelllow F-15 ARF. The Aonds F-15 is very cool!
Nov 11, 2012, 08:52 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
stoneenforcer's Avatar
very nice!!!
Nov 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Ron101's Avatar
Sweet man..... this should go really nice


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gallery Blast from the past lectroglide Motorcycles 1 Aug 19, 2012 11:30 AM
a Blast from the past :p Thomas Manson Parkflyers 1 Sep 06, 2002 09:46 PM
Blast from the past- setting up a Kalt Whisper Paul Willenborg Electric Heli Talk 10 Feb 21, 2002 10:03 PM
A Blast from the Past? Dereck Sport Planes 2 Aug 06, 2001 01:42 PM