Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by KM.Racing
Maritime
Discussion

Weight Distribution

Hello boaters what's up !
I've watched a lots of boats getting crashed , flying and reversing in the air at high speed . Is it due to weight distribution ? As we see in the catamaran hull all the weight is distributed in the rear side , the vee hull same too !
I'm thinking about putting the battery a little bit behind the motor mount to get some stability don't you think ?
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by pompebled
Boaters are nice people.
Hi 'FMFKAJAD',

In general, the weight distribution in a monohull is so, that the CoG is between 28 and 32% of the hull length, depending on wind and water conditions.

When you push a hull to the limit, the occasional flip is unavoidable.
Having a floodchamber in a monohull is a very nice feature when running on the edge...

Regards, Jan.

(FMFKAJAD= Forum member formerly known as JAD)
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by KM.Racing
Maritime
Yeah I think it's very nice idea
3 months ago I've run my vee hull in the sea in a bad weather , the weight was good distributed I was using 3656 2500 kv on lipo 3s .
A great feeling when you see your boat going under a wave and exit it flying in the air thank god I haven't got any crash wish I had a video for that moment :/