Aug 17, 2019, 06:09 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by John61CT
Batches vary between runs.

Be happy about the good ones 8-D
Like bloody hell I will! If I had that kind of attitude I would have rolled over and let Thunder Chump stick another knife in my wallet instead of educating myself about the Lipo industry. The day we can get more consistent $60 packs from Hobbyking then we can $200 packs from Hyperion is the day we ALL should be reaching for our pitch forks and doing something about it. That is unless you're willing to take this bum pack off my hands for what I paid for it?? I certainly wouldn't want to stand in your way of being Happy

Joe
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2019, 06:16 PM
Whoa man, just saying batches vary, these outfits don't usually have precise QA processes, stuff falls through the cracks.

Feel free to get out the pitchforks, I prefer to have an attitude of gratitude, even for the real tragedies in life.

This is not one of those.

Nothing is more important than Peace of Mind. . .
Aug 17, 2019, 06:48 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
There's no way I can disagree with that sentiment, it's good advise. I'm just using my soapbox for whatever it's worth because there's no reason for that level of QC to wind up in our hands. We don't have that much of a voice and if nobody says anything at all there's no reason for sellers to improve their practices. Don't mistake my yelling for a lack of sensible priorities, I wake up every morning and thank the Lord I live when and where I do. And it's really not just for my benefit I rant about something like this. I can afford to take the hit, it's not that big of a thing anyway (as you pointed out). But what about the kid that can't?

Like most of us I hate injustice and to me making high and mighty claims to gain our trust (and money) not backed up by the facts is thievery. So yes, I get incensed about that, and it is important. It may not be the end of the world but to do anything less then attempting to stand against it is not in my character.

Joe
Aug 17, 2019, 07:18 PM
Put it that way, agree 100%.

Deepest thanks on behalf of the community for fighting the good fight, you're doing God's work there keep it up!
Aug 17, 2019, 08:29 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I'm happy to see this thread still going and, more importantly, the results. I pulled the trigger on three revo 1300 4.20 GO packs but as luck would have it - they were out of stock. So it turned out to be a fortunate turn of events that I didn't get those packs. Now, I can digest the results and choose the correct packs for my Veloxity.
Aug 17, 2019, 09:02 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
The only way in the world it could have been damaged was before it arrived from the factory. Relative to my testing that babies been pampered and wrapped in cotton since the moment it arrived. Itís never seen a second over 115amp nor a charge less then 20%.

Joe
Joe, by your eye do the packs looks 100% identical ?
wondering if they are the actual same cells 3 packs vs that bad pack ?
Aug 17, 2019, 10:26 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
Joe, by your eye do the packs looks 100% identical ?
wondering if they are the actual same cells 3 packs vs that bad pack ?
Absolutely identical, the only difference apparently is the chemistry inside

Joe
Aug 18, 2019, 10:55 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
IMO a uniformly higher IR across all cells indicates Hyperion has released a bad batch of G8 to the public. That is supported by the fact my last purchase was from the latest batch and not the original one.

In effect it appears that for whatever reason Hyperion has downgraded their G8 chemistry. My angst is due to the fact itís made me a part of what essentially amounts to a bait and switch scam. Iím not making statements about their motives, just about the facts.

To everybody who has recently purchased Hyperion products because of my endorsement of the 6000ís (and I know there are some) I want you to know that I apologize for allowing myself to trust a company with Hyperions abysmal track record. My only defense is Iím a sucker for a redemption story.

So far HyperionRocks has ignored my posts to his thread and customer service has yet to respond to my RMA request. I will give it a few days before filing a defective product claim against them through PayPal.

Joe
Aug 18, 2019, 02:25 PM
big ignore list/drama is dumb
Quote:
Absolutely identical, the only difference apparently is the chemistry inside

Joe
Quote:
IMO a uniformly higher IR across all cells indicates Hyperion has released a bad batch of G8 to the public. That is supported by the fact my last purchase was from the latest batch and not the original one.

In effect it appears that for whatever reason Hyperion has downgraded their G8 chemistry. My angst is due to the fact itís made me a part of what essentially amounts to a bait and switch scam. Iím not making statements about their motives, just about the facts.

To everybody who has recently purchased Hyperion products because of my endorsement of the 6000ís (and I know there are some) I want you to know that I apologize for allowing myself to trust a company with Hyperions abysmal track record. My only defense is Iím a sucker for a redemption story.

So far HyperionRocks has ignored my posts to his thread and customer service has yet to respond to my RMA request. I will give it a few days before filing a defective product claim against them through PayPal.

Joe
Seriously frustrating !
wonder if they just changed things up for awhile..... then went back
Aug 19, 2019, 12:14 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Send HYPERION ROCKS an email. He stated in the past that works best.

Rick
Aug 19, 2019, 12:33 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
Send HYPERION ROCKS an email. He stated in the past that works best.

Rick
That was my first choice but he doesn’t have a PM icon, do you know his email address? I already emailed Hyperion directly.

But it’s more about doing what I can to hold them accountable. Honestly I don’t care that much about the packs quality as it effects me, AFAIC I over paid for a cheap a$$ pack. It happens, and John was right to point that out. I could wash my hands of it after filing a PayPal claim. But it’s not right that Hyperion try to pass themselves off as a high priced quality merchant yet do not have the QC systems in place to back that up. All they need is one of Rick’s IR meters and a willingness to pull bad product. What’s the matter, are they working out of a garage? Now that ticks me off big time!

And I just hope it ticks everybody else off enough to make them start asking Hyperion their own questions. To get Hyperion to take notice that they didn’t get away with it. That a user group really is watching. And what changes are they going to make so it doesn’t happen to others? Like I said, it’s not that much skin off my nose but I feel like I have an obligation not to let it get swept under the rug.

Unless Hyperion comes out strong admitting the problem and telling us what they’re going to change to make sure it doesn’t happen again all their customers are better off buying 3 or 4 Zippy Compacts instead of 1 Hyperion at the same cost. They have a similar power to weight ratio and from what I’ve experienced so far I highly doubt anything Hyperion will outlast the competition by 400%.

Joe
Last edited by MCSGUY; Aug 19, 2019 at 02:03 AM.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:59 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Proddev (at symbol) hyperion.hk

Cheers
Rick
Aug 19, 2019, 02:56 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
Proddev (at symbol) hyperion.hk

Cheers
Rick
Thanks, Iíll reach out in the morning..

Joe
Aug 19, 2019, 12:06 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
Here is a screen shot of the letter I just emailed to Dean Eberly (HyperionRocks)

Joe
Aug 19, 2019, 12:15 PM
Makin' future-scrap
I am glad that I'm not in retail....
Way to go Joe!

Quick Reply