Thread Tools
May 23, 2019, 06:29 AM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Thanks for yet another round of testing Joe! I’m pretty sure for every person who comments here there are at least a dozen more who benefit from looking at the results.

Good to know that Hyperion G8 are good batteries.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2019, 07:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger
link please

A link toward what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
Interesting, but really, not enough information here for an evaluation. E.g. Pulling 113C from a 50Ah pack that has 10 5Ah cells in parallel is only 11C per cell, which is not impressive.

Single cell, not ten 5Ah cells. Single 52Ah cell. 52,000mAh. One pouch.

But I did not pull 113C from a 50Ah pack, that would be silly.

I did pulled from a 15Ah pack, 6s1p, 15.4Ah... 1678 amps. Then I fully charged and broke 2000Amps.

The 52Ah cells are 2-3C from my research. The cells i can buy are a variety of sizes and discharges... I built with the most power dense cells you can find at the moment, for the average consumer.


Good luck with your testing .
May 23, 2019, 09:17 AM
Hamburger
hamburger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDipstick
A link toward what?
Link to Where to find the commercial availability you mentiomed
May 23, 2019, 10:00 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
jfetter's Avatar
I hope many of you consider donating to Joe if you haven't already. I've sent money a couple times and I know he probably wont ask, but this isn't cheap and he's fulfilling a critical service that I don't think anyone else has provided in as much detail and with as many brands, to-date...

Jack
May 23, 2019, 11:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger
Link to Where to find the commercial availability you mentiomed



eBay


I have the most beautiful 4Ah cells NMC622 atm that I plan to do a 8Ah 7s heli pack with: I will perhaps post my results then.

I have read the Cobalt is what makes for an expensive heli battery.... These should do fine for me at about 1/3 to 1/5 the cost. I will be flying all day for pennies.

I figured you would want to know what a good DIY lipo could do. Sorry for interrupting the thread. Carry on.
May 23, 2019, 01:09 PM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
I hope many of you consider donating to Joe if you haven't already. I've sent money a couple times and I know he probably wont ask, but this isn't cheap and he's fulfilling a critical service that I don't think anyone else has provided in as much detail and with as many brands, to-date...

Jack
And because of your kind support I just ordered one of the new 45C Scorpions for testing

I picked the 45C over the 70C to maintain the present focus on lining up stats on some lighter options, ~750g in this case.

Thanks Jack!

Joe

PS. Gryph made up the remainder
Last edited by MCSGUY; May 23, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
May 23, 2019, 02:54 PM
Landing is not optional
JamesonC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
And because of your kind support I just ordered one of the new 45C Scorpions for testing

I picked the 45C over the 70C to maintain the present focus on lining up stats on some lighter options, ~750g in this case.

Thanks Jack!

Joe

PS. Gryph made up the remainder
Please excuse me if I missed it, but have you done any testing on Hobbystar lipos? I keep reading rave reviews on them daily and how they are very small and light for their "verified" mah and C rating.
May 23, 2019, 03:42 PM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Please excuse me if I missed it, but have you done any testing on Hobbystar lipos? I keep reading rave reviews on them daily and how they are very small and light for their "verified" mah and C rating.
Iíll check it out. Do know anybody using them?

Joe
May 23, 2019, 03:48 PM
Landing is not optional
JamesonC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
Iíll check it out. Do know anybody using them?

Joe
No one personally, just a bunch of guys here on RCG and other places online. They seem "too good to be true" yet I haven't seen any negative reports on them. I would certainly be happy to pitch in on the cost of testing that line of lipos if/when you get the opportunity.
May 23, 2019, 03:55 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Ron van Sommeren's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Please excuse me if I missed it ...
Handy option to search in this thread only:
First horizontal blue ribbon, Search this thread, advanced search.

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
May 23, 2019, 04:57 PM
Registered User
I use hobbystar packs. 6s 5200 and 4s 4600. The 4600mah 4s 35c are the size of my eflite 3200mah, or Turnigy Graphene 2700mah 4s. Love them. 12 min flights on my rochobby p39, easy 10+ min on my flight line Tigercat, etc. 6s 5200 in my carbon z Cessna, haven't tracked time on that one yet.

I know at ~60A on each I'm not much above 15C. I don't have any really higher amp draw setups to use them on so can't say how they would hold up in those instances, but measuring only capacity to weight they're awesome.
May 23, 2019, 05:53 PM
aka JetMan Joe
MCSGUY's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
No one personally, just a bunch of guys here on RCG and other places online. They seem "too good to be true" yet I haven't seen any negative reports on them. I would certainly be happy to pitch in on the cost of testing that line of lipos if/when you get the opportunity.
My paypal is [email protected]
You guys fund 'em and I'll bring the ropes and hammer

My only concern about Hobbystar is they offer an 8000mah 100C pack. Really?! 800 amps? Even 50% is 400 amps so I'm just a little skeptical about how the company may be willing to go to market. If they release a "True 120C" label I'm pulling out my Honesty Meter

Joe
May 23, 2019, 06:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
And because of your kind support I just ordered one of the new 45C Scorpions for testing

I picked the 45C over the 70C to maintain the present focus on lining up stats on some lighter options, ~750g in this case.

Thanks Jack!

Joe

PS. Gryph made up the remainder
Thanks Joe, I'm very happy to see lighter options being evaluated. Some of those heavy carbons are just physically huge and heavy, especially in 12s applications where 2x 6s 5000mAh packs are required.
May 23, 2019, 06:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
My paypal is [email protected]
You guys fund 'em and I'll bring the ropes and hammer

My only concern about Hobbystar is they offer an 8000mah 100C pack. Really?! 800 amps? Even 50% is 400 amps so I'm just a little skeptical about how the company may be willing to go to market. If they release a "True 120C" label I'm pulling out my Honesty Meter

Joe
If it sounds too good to be true....
May 23, 2019, 07:01 PM
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
Joe,

I only sent a small piece of cheese.
Let me get a job and I can and will do better.
But given enough people, it adds up.

————————

For full transparency;
Joe never asked for anything. But seeing his test results, I felt compelled to help no matter how little.
Anyone else who feels like me can just send him a PM to ask how they can contribute.
Nothing is expected.


G.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools