May 19, 2019, 01:25 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
Will crapola! After years of reliable service my CellLog 8S system quite working. The first packs data connected and uploaded fine but when I tried uploading the second the logger wouldn’t connect. Logview could no longer find the Junsi USB Bridge. I tried my spare loggers to no avail and I uninstalled and reloaded the driver and software every which way to no joy. Blew the entire day and the 25C discharge run

I’ve downloaded a new driver and support stuff but the Logger has been discontinued and the pickings are slim. Anybody have any leads on a different brand data logger with fresh drivers?

Joe
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 05:23 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
I don't know much about the CellLog 8S personally but even scouring the questionable listings it looks like people have picked that meter clean! A few threads about it being discontinued a year and a half ago seemed to get everyone buying up anything they could find...

Jack
Last edited by jfetter; May 19, 2019 at 06:06 AM.
May 19, 2019, 07:24 AM
I've no clue at all what features are important, etc ... On Progressive RC's page for the celllog 8s they're pointing people to this one:
https://www.progressiverc.com/isdt-b...y-checker.html

Being ISDT, you'd probably want to calibrate ...
May 19, 2019, 01:48 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
I'll go another round today trying to get one of my three loggers to communicate, they can't all be bad. If all else fails I'll switch over to the Measurement Computing USB 201 https://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acqu...n/USB-201.aspx . It has 8 analog inputs which will handle everything I need to do, I'll just have to rework my code to integrate it but the end result will allow me to automate more of the graphing.

Joe
May 19, 2019, 09:10 PM
ancora imparo
Joe, pretty sure the Junsi Powerlog is still in production and available, although you might have to search around a bit. You could just use the Cell monitoring part and ignore the rest although you are restricted to 6S rather than 8S as with the CellLog.

Not sure how the data stream varies from the CellLog however. It's just serial so shouldn't be hard to sort out. I suspect this would be the "quickest fix" if it worked.

John
May 19, 2019, 09:15 PM
ancora imparo
The big feature of the CellLog was its simple USB data output and logging functionality. The iSDT checker lacks that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis
I've no clue at all what features are important, etc ... On Progressive RC's page for the celllog 8s they're pointing people to this one:
https://www.progressiverc.com/isdt-b...y-checker.html

Being ISDT, you'd probably want to calibrate ...
May 19, 2019, 10:57 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
I finally got it going after doing a (another) full removal of the drivers and Logview then a reinstall of fresh downloads. Also it appears my USB cable may have had an intermittent problem but the system is still more finicky then it's ever been. It never connects the first try with the updated Logview software but if I stand on my head and rub my belly at the same time it will upload

Joe
May 19, 2019, 11:21 PM
cogito ergo zoom
Time to RCA before you move forward. There's a reason in there somewhere...
May 20, 2019, 06:33 AM
What's Nitro?

Most Accurate IR Meter

Hey guys, I’m thinking about getting one of these but I’m not sure which one is more accurate.

The old Wayne Giles design Universal ESR Analysis Meter:
https://www.progressiverc.com/univer...sis-meter.html

Or the newer Revo IR Meter:
http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...EVO_IR_METER_2

I’d appreciate your thoughts and which one you’d recommend.

BTW, I do have a PL8 and DPL8 but find using them for IR comparisons a little more of a hassle.

-Dave
May 20, 2019, 07:41 AM
Well my vote is for the Wayne Giles ESR meter. It could perhaps do with some refining but does the job.

I am lead to believe revolectrix asked Wayne for one of his meters only for them to reverse engineer it. If true it is very underhand to steal a design from a hobbyist for greed and gain.
May 20, 2019, 07:47 AM
I vote Giles... Having anyone call their meter "the honesty meter" years after his meter has been available (and BTW, only after folks start spending their own money to test), seems a little late. I don't want to knock any vendor for a good thing but where was the honesty (not from them but in general) 10 years ago?

Jack
May 20, 2019, 05:49 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Thread OP
“Honesty Meter”, written by the same marketing wiz that gave use “True 120C” packs.
May 20, 2019, 06:39 PM
That's ludicrous!!!
May 20, 2019, 09:58 PM
What's Nitro?
So my first thought is that I'd like to stick with the "original" Wayne G. meter.

That said, I'm trying to simplify the process.

The "honesty meter" appears to require you to touch a 2 probe contact to each cell contact (only one a time), inside the balance connector. Is this correct?

The Revo meter lets you connect the whole balance connector and read all the cells at once.

This would make me lean towards the Revo (unless the accuracy is not as good as the W.G. meter).
May 20, 2019, 10:26 PM
Donate Platelets
RCnGuy,

The Revo IR Meter does not appear to include the estimated C rating like the Wayne Giles Universal ESR Analysis Meter does. See post #4362.

Quick Reply