Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:19 AM
BravoGolf is offline
Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Spearheading an Alliance
BravoGolf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Wings are secured with long bolts.
The tail booms are secured to wings, and tail group using plastic clamps secured with
bolts and nuts. I recommend replacing stock nuts with lock nuts, or you *will* lose them.

ian
Dang! I just placed an order for hardware. Which size and type of lock nut should we be looking for? I did order the m3 blind nuts for the motor mount.

Any other heads up on what we should be planning on upgrading?

Thanks,

BG
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:44 AM
williamjames is offline
Find More Posts by williamjames
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Wings are secured with long bolts.
The tail booms are secured to wings, and tail group using plastic clamps secured with
bolts and nuts. I recommend replacing stock nuts with lock nuts, or you *will* lose them.

ian
Thanks Ian. Would you say this is a plane that could be quickly assembled/disassebled for transport? I have a small car.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:55 AM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Will it fit in a small car? Yes.
Quickly? 8 bolts and five servo lead disconnects, plus carefully sliding
tail group on or off the booms without jamming it (has to slide on both booms exactly
the same amount at the same time. Frankly, I find it somewhat of a pain, but it is
what it is.

ian
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:57 AM
williamjames is offline
Find More Posts by williamjames
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Will it fit in a small car? Yes.
Quickly? 8 bolts and five servo lead disconnects, plus carefully sliding
tail group on or off the booms without jamming it (has to slide on both booms exactly
the same amount at the same time. Frankly, I find it somewhat of a pain, but it is
what it is.

ian
hmmm... see, thats exactly why I'm debating going forward with this plane. Do you have a penguin? what are your thoughts on it??
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:03 AM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
I do not have a Penguin, so cannot offer an opinion on it. For the most part, I really like
the way the Skyhunter flies, particularly how it handles wind and turbulence. I'd be really happy
if I never had to break it down or reassemble it, or transport that awkward shaped, fragile
tail group.

ian
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:06 AM
BravoGolf is offline
Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Spearheading an Alliance
BravoGolf's Avatar

Lock nuts


Daemon,

'What size and type of lock nuts should we be looking for to replace the stock ones used for attaching booms etc.?

Thanks,

BG
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:09 AM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
I don't know. I took the bolt with me to the hardware store, and bought whatever fit.
I may have even bought a longer than stock bolt to give me some extra thread to work with.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:12 AM
williamjames is offline
Find More Posts by williamjames
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I do not have a Penguin, so cannot offer an opinion on it. For the most part, I really like
the way the Skyhunter flies, particularly how it handles wind and turbulence. I'd be really happy
if I never had to break it down or reassemble it, or transport that awkward shaped, fragile
tail group.

ian
"Fragile"? ... that's the word I was hoping you wouldn't say. When you say "fragile tail group"... are you referring to the tail boom?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:23 AM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
No, the tail booms are quite strong. I'm talking about the thin, rigid foam horizontal and
vertical stabs permanently attached to each other at 90 degree angles. .
It's plenty rigid to handle very high airspeeds, but not that hard to bump, twist or crush
during transport.

ian
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:24 AM
williamjames is offline
Find More Posts by williamjames
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
No, the tail booms are quite strong. I'm talking about the thin, rigid foam horizontal and
vertical stabs permanently attached to each other at 90 degree angles. .
It's plenty rigid to handle very high airspeeds, but not that hard to bump, twist or crush
during transport.

ian
Ah! I see
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:46 AM
williamjames is offline
Find More Posts by williamjames
Registered User
Any build videos for this plane?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:19 AM
BravoGolf is offline
Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Spearheading an Alliance
BravoGolf's Avatar

SkyHunter build videos


Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
Any build videos for this plane?
Here you go.

BG
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:48 PM
CambriaHobby is offline
Find More Posts by CambriaHobby
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
No, the tail booms are quite strong. I'm talking about the thin, rigid foam horizontal and
vertical stabs permanently attached to each other at 90 degree angles. .
It's plenty rigid to handle very high airspeeds, but not that hard to bump, twist or crush
during transport.

ian
Thats why I built this carrier. It's very hard to bump the v-stabs with this configuration.
http://www.cambriahobby.com/index.ph...&product_id=58
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:30 PM
williamjames is offline
Find More Posts by williamjames
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGolf View Post
Here you go.

BG
Thanks mate
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:29 PM
Cosmonaut is offline
Find More Posts by Cosmonaut
Registered User
Cosmonaut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
No, the tail booms are quite strong. I'm talking about the thin, rigid foam horizontal and
vertical stabs permanently attached to each other at 90 degree angles. .
It's plenty rigid to handle very high airspeeds, but not that hard to bump, twist or crush
during transport.

ian
Hi Ian, you mean this, right?

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...4-IMG_2238.jpg

Its glued together, but the carbon tubes can be taken off?

Best!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New FPV PLANE: Bormatec FPV rclab1 FPV Aircraft 109 Jul 12, 2016 03:36 AM
Discussion Discrimination against individuals professing strong belief in the supernatural? H2SO4 Life, The Universe, and Politics 66 Jan 04, 2016 11:20 PM
Cool Skyhunter - New 1.8m twintail FPV/UAV EPO platform vigor FPV Talk 58 Nov 26, 2012 06:54 PM
Sold Complete FPV Plane, Ground Station, Autopilot, Dual Camera 27x zoom + more NEW crd Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Mar 09, 2012 10:22 PM
Sold Complete FPV Plane, Ground Station, Autopilot, Dual Camera 27x zoom + more NEW crd FPV Equipment (FS/W) 5 Mar 06, 2012 08:01 PM