Feb 09, 2013, 05:40 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale
Must not be too much snow around as I don't see any pictures of it. You want more pics of green? Pete
Outside doing some cleanup this morning and remembered you said this.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2013, 05:47 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_75au
Those red flowers look like Bromeliads, there's hundreds of different types.

Nick
Ya Nick! That's what it is. Couldn't remember the name and they gro along the ground in big bunches. Everything you see here I just stuck in the ground and left it. It all grows on it' own with no watering and no fertilizer and it just keeps growing. Fun to watch. Pete
Feb 09, 2013, 05:48 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdave
It is still snowing here but less.
Fun Fun Fun!
What! No BBQ on the patio today? Man that's a bunch of snow. Nice pictures and thanks for posting them. pete
Feb 09, 2013, 05:49 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prins Willem
Outside doing some cleanup this morning and remembered you said this.
Heh heh. Thanks for that Prins. Really pretty with all the snow on the trees. Thanks Pete
Feb 09, 2013, 06:31 PM
This is what we woke up to this morning. A little over 24" on the level as best I could measure. The CRV is mine, the Accord is my next door neighbor's. We live in the Merrimack Valley in NE Mass. Note the level of snow on the side of the CRV.

Bill
Feb 09, 2013, 07:21 PM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Willie those are super pictures. You can even tell which way the wind was blowing. Hope you didn't leave your garage door open like a friend of mine did ONE time. Took him a week to dry the garage out. Pete
Feb 09, 2013, 08:28 PM
We had sunshine I'm tired of IL winters, I want my NJ ones back!

Andy
Feb 09, 2013, 09:32 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
DDWILLIE your giving me an inferiority complex with our paltry 6".
Feb 09, 2013, 10:09 PM
---o-O-o---
Only got 16" here. Driveway all cleaned up now, but it was wet and very heavy snow. Had most of it plowed, did some with the blower. I've had enough of this already, and we're only halfway thru winter.

Andy, you can have it! My son lives in Chicago and has had less snow than we have here.

Pete
Feb 10, 2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prins Willem
DDWILLIE your giving me an inferiority complex with our paltry 6".
Sorry you feel that way. I would gladly swap with you if i could. LOL! The last couple of winters have been really quiet up here. This was the first time the blowers have been used in 2 years. I usually start them once in the early summer and again in the late fall just to get them warmed up the oil and circulating through the engines. I NEVER run any of my engines out of gas. I top them off when I'm finished and leave them. Keeps the carburetors from drying and gumming up. Really hope I don't have to use them again this year. This storm was unusual. Mother Nature got all the elements in the right place at right time. Doesn't happen that often, thank goodness.
Feb 10, 2013, 01:34 AM
oldtribefan
We had a little bit of frost on the ground this morning here in Walnut Creek, CA. Man was it cold!! But by this afternoon, my wife was riding around with the top down on the convertible.
Feb 10, 2013, 10:15 AM
Retired for now
Thread OP
Oldtribefan sounds like down here this time of yesr Heat on in the morning and the A/C on in the afternoon. Crazy place. Pete
Feb 10, 2013, 11:24 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Glad I stacked up the firewood rack in the garage, as our fireplace has been on quite a bit lately in the family room.

No heat registers in there, as it's the rear part of our 1 1/2 car garage, normally warmed by an electric oil-filled radiator---.
Feb 10, 2013, 05:24 PM
Suspended Account
It i s still coming down in the Sout West.
Feb 10, 2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutoh
Andy, you can have it! My son lives in Chicago and has had less snow than we have here.
I'll take it, Pete. We haven't had a good snow since I got here 4 years ago. Sometimes I wish I hadn't left NJ. I move out, Christie moves into the Governors Mansion. (He sure beats the last Christie we had for gov there, eh?!?!)

You know what'll happen if I leave IL? They'll send the current IL gov to jail (again), get a good solid Republican in there, C(r)ook County will become fiscally stable, the state will balance its budget, and they'll finally get some sense and legalize concealed carry!

And the drought will end.

Andy

Quick Reply