Hobbyking Stick 1500 - Page 6 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 31, 2013, 05:39 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
Ha ha it seems that way. I wanted my wife to learn to fly it but now she has decided she wants this one.... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2013, 01:49 AM
Registered User
golf_lake's Avatar
My new stick is all but ready for Saturday, just checked the CG and its spot on @90mm with a 5000ma 4s, trinity G46 salvaged from deceased boomerang
Jun 27, 2013, 08:52 AM
oldsapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by brace
Just got my stick and will be fitting a NGH GT-9 on the front, should be interesting, worried about the undercarriage as well, don't know what the alloy is that HK use but it has no spring in it. Might take a while to have the plane ready, a few shipping repairs needed for the wing covering and some careful redesigning to fit the gas motor.
So how did the NGH engine go, Brace? Mine is in a 60 size Boomerang but not flown yet, cannot seem to get rid of the air in the carb to engine line in spite of doing all the mods suggested in this forum. just bite the bullet and fly it, s'pose!!
Jul 16, 2013, 09:15 AM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
so how is everyone's stick going? I fly mine nearly every trip out and have now fitted an OS .55AX engine and a bigger fuel tank 480cc i now get 19 minutes of jaw busting thrashing of this plane. It is an amazing plane. i can go flat out and push both Tx sticks to the top/middle and it spins like mad cat on fire flys hands off as smooth as can be, inverted is a breeze, vertical is unlimited, handles the wind with ease, will hover and it lands so good every time, i just love this plane

only faults i have had, is my wild flying has broke 3 of the CA hinges 2 on the aileron and one on the elevator and the covering is shite!

I just can't believe the punishment this plane takes!

i have enjoyed this stick design so much i have decided my entry into a gas plane (this glow stuff is costing way too much ) will be to build my own (from plans) 80" Big Stick and i am fitting it out with one of the new Evolution 33cc Gas Engine

hoping this will give me the "Everyday Work Horse" fun plane i want

anyway as said how are the resat of you finding your VQ Stick 1500?

cheers chuck
Jul 16, 2013, 03:15 PM
I took 25yr Break, New Tech!
blackdog1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker

i have enjoyed this stick design so much i have decided my entry into a gas plane (this glow stuff is costing way too much ) will be to build my own (from plans) 80" Big Stick and i am fitting it out with one of the new Evolution 33cc Gas Engine

cheers chuck
Love the 1500 run it on Electric, also went to the G-Stick on electric no where near as wild as the 1500 but still performs. Tend to fall back to the 1500... I can leave it assembled and just fly.

G-Stick is VQA061B B=Blue R=Red around $200 depends on your LHS if like me you haven't got the time to build
Jul 16, 2013, 06:52 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog1
Love the 1500 run it on Electric, also went to the G-Stick on electric no where near as wild as the 1500 but still performs. Tend to fall back to the 1500... I can leave it assembled and just fly.

G-Stick is VQA061B B=Blue R=Red around $200 depends on your LHS if like me you haven't got the time to build
My Stick with the G46 670kv is still going strong, it has become my anytime plane, unlimited vertical yet it can be slowed down on landing to the point of touching tail wheel first.

This is one awesome aircraft, I have spare nib anyway.
Aug 28, 2013, 06:15 AM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
put mine into mother earth today so sad it has been my fave go to plane for so long it flys soooo gooood!

anyone who bought a couple want to sell one?

cheers chuck
Aug 28, 2013, 08:13 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
I hear you chuck, mine is getting a little rough after countless hours of fun, fortunately I have spare nib. Which I am going to get ready soon.

Wow these planes go out of stock within hours of arriving.
Aug 28, 2013, 09:37 AM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
just ordered another one from the international store with the $$ down it cost me $128 with postage my first was $89 oh well a plane i love and just can't wait till they come in stock here and it would of only cost $99 and been here a little quicker lol
Aug 28, 2013, 02:10 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
just ordered another one from the international store with the $$ down it cost me $128 with postage my first was $89 oh well a plane i love and just can't wait till they come in stock here and it would of only cost $99 and been here a little quicker lol
You just missed them, they were in stock last weekend, I ordered one for Zootster, which he has in his hot little mits as we speak. Ordered Monday and was here by Friday, excellent service accross the board.
Aug 28, 2013, 09:34 PM
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac
You just missed them, they were in stock last weekend, I ordered one for Zootster, which he has in his hot little mits as we speak. Ordered Monday and was here by Friday, excellent service accross the board.
DOHHHH don't tell me that hahaha as said i am happy to pay the $29 more as this plane is worth it
Nov 04, 2013, 08:39 AM
Registered User
larryoakley's Avatar
Hi Guys, I got this plane to put in there a very old but still working & reliable OS 40FP, I took note of all the tweaks I need to do specially in the main landing gear, but also I noted the CG in this plane is way tail heavy, any suggestions where to put the receiver battery? Mine is a 2S lipo turnigy nanotech.

Thanks
Nov 04, 2013, 02:08 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryoakley
Hi Guys, I got this plane to put in there a very old but still working & reliable OS 40FP, I took note of all the tweaks I need to do specially in the main landing gear, but also I noted the CG in this plane is way tail heavy, any suggestions where to put the receiver battery? Mine is a 2S lipo turnigy nanotech.

Thanks
Hi Larry
I solved the problem with the soft undercarriage by using one of these //www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=5578&aff=3664 no problems since. How tail heavy is it, mine has a 300gram electric motor up front and balances at 50% of main chord without the 400gram battery. Maybe if you use some stand offs you could extend your motor forward.
Last edited by aeromaniac; Nov 04, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Nov 04, 2013, 02:13 PM
Registered User
larryoakley's Avatar
I just put that in my whish list cause it is back ordered. Thanks Aeromaniac
Nov 05, 2013, 06:27 PM
N00b Sloper Addict
Parkflyer81's Avatar
Back in stock at the Aus wharehouse -1 for me


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question VQ Stick 1500 Question PigHeaded 3D / Fun Fly Fuel Planes 1 Jun 05, 2012 05:15 PM
Sold turnigy 2730-1500 and hobbyking ss 8-10amp esc ff954 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 5 Sep 02, 2010 02:35 PM
For Sale turnigy 2730-1500 and hobbyking ss 8-10amp esc ff954 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2010 08:12 AM
Discussion Heavy Slow Stick HobbyKing power system recommendations Cralis Parkflyers 2 Apr 12, 2010 02:14 PM
Slow Stick 400 & 1500 7.4 lipo what prop? CarreraGTSCS Parkflyers 0 Nov 22, 2004 12:31 PM