Nov 04, 2012, 12:17 PM
Trader Rating: 151
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
Thread OP
Discussion

something seems wrong here...

This may start a revolution and a lot of hate mail , but SOMETHING SEEMS WRONG HERE, ...

In the past 3 or 4 years an RC groups member has not failed to post a notice of a catastrophe...happen to him every year.
If I recall correctly , at one time he had all of had RC stuff stolen and a lot of us sent him RC stuff or money, next year it was the sick child and again a lot of us send him money , year after , it was the lack of funds to send the wife to a funeral and a lot of us chipped in to pay for the airplane ticket and now this year it is the damage caused by Sandy and the loss of all his RC gear again.
Lately RC groups members responded to his aid , he stated that he could really use the money and that it was not going to be used for his RC addiction.....
He then added he had been he had been unemployed for the last 7 weeks due to a disability and yet he had been buying stuff in RC groups on more than 2 occasions on the last 3 weeks....... yesterday he appeared buying more RC stuff again,
He is probably using the funds that he has been receiving from the members of RC groups.
if you are unemployed, and are asking for help from the members of RC groups, you shouldnt be buying rc stuff and be more concerned in putting food on the table......or paying his bills....

hundreds of other members have probably lost their jobs and yet I have never seen them asking for a handout..
There may be quite a few members here that may have sufferd losses due to the Sandy , but yet I havent seen anyone one else asking for a handout.

4 years ago I lost my job and all of the building projects I had previously signed were cancelled and I had to do short sales on 4 properties I had here in South Florida, I lost over 1.7 M in real estate.
Needless to say In 2008 I sold my collection of RC planes , over 500 kits among other things.
I am still unemployed and yet I never asked for a handout.
I've been too busy looking for work which is a full time job by itself . Lately trying to put together a low income housing project in Panama which leaves no time to fly.

You can check his postings and his transactions and draw your own conclusions. Dont get me wrong I think he is a likeable guy , but something is wrong here.
Hope everything is fine with you and your familys . Geoff
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2012, 12:35 PM
Trader Rating: 1
This is going to be a very interesting discussion. I saw the motor purchase as well. I'm going to keep my feelings and opinions to myself. I do know from personal experience though that when times get hard and bills are behind and there is no work to be found, that my hobbies were put on a serious hold. Let's just hope that that motor was to run his generator. Hope everyone has a great day.
Last edited by drand1020; Nov 04, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Nov 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
Trader Rating: 29
I read a post yesterday from someone asking for help due to Sandy. It was probably the same one since I doubt seriously there are more than one, but I never dreamed that it could be someone who suffers an annual catastrophe and is cheeky enough to ask for help from folks he does not know and will never even meet. Can this be substantiated or could we be confusing him with several other folks?
Nov 04, 2012, 12:50 PM
Trader Rating: 147
Bellanca Kruesair
In 2001,my model building shop burned ,a total loss....The local Clubs helped out,Churches,and schools,because I'm a likeable guy,and I do things for them.

I received over $5000 in gifts and supplies to begin again...nobody told me what to do with the money...

When I heard of this latest plight,I donated some cash,cash that won't be missed,nor needed back.....I woke up to what I thought was another catastrophe-a 90' Oak was lying across my shop.

I lucked out-some shingles and plywood,and I'll be as good as new.No major damage.

I give from the heart-if he wants a new airplane for mental health reasons,I'll be the last to question that....I can drive past there,if you want,and take pictures...

I posted pictures of mine-take a look.In his thread.

He said he was gonna sell some stuff,and he has it for sale-not my business.

I did what I thought was right-so did you-but I'm not the one who's upset....
Nov 04, 2012, 01:01 PM
Trader Rating: 223
Go Cocks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilotx1
SOMETHING SEEMS WRONG HERE...
Maybe he is just the unluckiest person on RCG. I am not positive that I know who you are talking about specifically, but I *think* I know. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and it must be nice!

I am more like you BushPilot, no way in hell I come to a public forum and ask for anything, but that is just me (and you!).

Edit: Post from about 2 months ago (direct quote below and the only reason I noticed is because it was in a thread I started)....Not calling anyone out of course.....Just unlucky as I posted above.

"NOT TOO GOOD,IM GONNA BE SELLING ALOT OF STUFF OFF...I WAS AT MY DOCTORS OFFICE
i went in for a pinched nerve and walked out with a tumor in my brain.went to 3 MRI's
just to make sure and i got the news yesterday.
but it is what it is
im gonna be posting some planes,esc's,motors and stuff...drop in and say hi..."
Last edited by tdab; Nov 04, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Nov 04, 2012, 01:06 PM
Trader Rating: 160
I've questioned some of the things myself over the past year.
Last edited by Beardiedrg; Nov 04, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
Nov 04, 2012, 02:07 PM
Trader Rating: 144
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
I myself have been kind of quiet about this.
This year my wife had 2 strokes and a mild heart attack.Put her in hospital for a few months.She almost didnt make it.My hobby went offline right away,I sold most of my high end RC stuff and my prized Saltwater aquarium just to make sure bills were covered without going into our savings.After a couple months of no flying,My wife started to come out of it,She is home now,cant walk very good and prolly never will agian.Bills got paid and things are mostly normal agian.I have been in process of trying to rebuild my own fleet,but still by selling off the last of my good stuff taking a heck of a loss, never told many why I was selling....but, I NEVER asked for any help from any one...ever!I took care of my own family by myself,rough yes,but I still stand proud. Its not my place to judge anybody,so I wont but rather not see the "help me" threads for the hobby. Joe
Nov 04, 2012, 02:25 PM
Trader Rating: 34
All I can say is I too have had bad times. Last winter was the first Christmas that I was employed in the last three! I never asked for a hand out! I didnt need it. I am fortunenate enough to have many tools and I know how to use them so therfore I had many odd jobs that paid me. The diffrence is I worked for it. Durring that time there were a few church mission trips that I was able to help on and even when the tornatos swept through NC I was able to donate my time and assist the Baptist Men in clean up efforts.

When I see people with there hand out out I always feel like somethings wrond with that picture. If they can hold out a hand they probably can do something with it to make a buck or two and support thmeselves and their families.

If I know a family personaly and I know they need help, I am more than happy to help out. Someone on a street corner? Sorry get a job and get off the street, Oh and dont tell me theres not work out there. There are Farmers looking fo people evryday! It may not be what you want to do but it is a job.
Nov 04, 2012, 02:26 PM
Trader Rating: 10
I believe it's okay to ask for help when it's truly needed. At some point in our lives we have all received help from somebody. And I also believe that those who give are/should give without stipulation. We are a small community and should take care of each other.

Here is a great and worthy example:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1218308

That being said, with time and research we should also root out and toss the one bad apple(s) that can spoil the whole bunch by falsely asking for help. Just my .02
Nov 04, 2012, 02:46 PM
Trader Rating: 377
Krued Up
this is for Bush and Bush only,if you r relating to me then here we go,if not (which i doubt) then my apologies...if you read my first post,i was not asking for a handout or money,i was letting my brothers here know my situation,period.
i said i was selling things to come up with funds for my bills since ...and let me explain this...
i was diagnosed with a brain tumor 4mo. ago
i was put on short term dissability at my job
they r trying to by not giving me workmans comp(which i might have to take em to court for)
so i have not gotten a check from em for the last 4 weeks
and then this....
so if i asked my friends here to purchase from me to help out,where is the issue with that.
BTW yes i agree that ive had a string of bad luck,but it can happen to anyone of us,even you..
since u have an issue and others from what i can see then maybe u r right i should be homeless right now....thnx for the happy thoughts BUSH

sorry guys i didnot know this issue was gonna touch someone in a negative way

and BTW,yes i made 2 purchases last night...2 motors for 45.00 bucks.
which was the remaining balance in PP after getting caught on my rent and bills...most every one that helped wrote to me and said use the money for whatever,i used it to pay my BILLS...i had a lil left over and wanted to get a good deal on some electronics,im sorry if i failed to submit the request paperwork to make my purchase
Last edited by snolord1; Nov 04, 2012 at 11:57 PM.
Nov 04, 2012, 03:15 PM
Trader Rating: 144
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
I am glad you got your bills paid Angel, and personally hope you recover well.
For me and alot of people though, we always hope for the best yet plan for the worst throughout life. I have worked very hard my whole life, I do not gamble I will have a good job until I retire or that my wife and I would stay healthy for ever. I invest in my 401k, have short/long term dissability and pay premium for my families healthcare.That has just paid off for me...all though we still have massive bills that need to be paid.I keep my CDL as a backup in case I ever need it.I was offered by friends and family money,which I refused flat out. I guess there are some of us who just choose to keep going forwards no matter how bad it may get. I do see a problem with the new Y-generation out there, they think everybody owes them, I see it at our company every day...it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Selling stuff with a reason like yours is perfectly OK in my book, I just would not accept money for nothing myself, feels too much like the Governments way...
Nov 04, 2012, 03:16 PM
Trader Rating: 1
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by snolord1
this is for Bush and Bush only,if you r relating to me then here we go,if not (which i doubt) then my apologies...if you read my first post,i was not asking for a handout or money,i was letting my brothers here know my situation,period.
i said i was selling things to come up with funds for my bills since ...and let me explain this...
i was diagnosed with a brain tumor 4mo. ago
i was put on short term dissability at my job
they r trying to f*** by not giving me workmans comp(which i might have to take em to court for)
so i have not gotten a check from em for the last 4 weeks
and then this....
so if i asked my friends here to purchase from me to help out,where is the issue with that.
BTW yes i agree that ive had a string of bad luck,but it can happen to anyone of us,even you..
since u have an issue and others from what i can see then maybe u r right i should be homeless right now....thnx for the happy thoughts BUSH

sorry guys i didnot know this issue was gonna touch someone in a negative way

and BTW,yes i made 2 purchases last night...2 motors for 45.00 bucks.
which was the remaining balance in PP after getting caught on my rent and bills...most every one that helped wrote to me and said use the money for whatever,i used it to pay my BILLS...i had a lil left over and wanted to get a good deal on some electronics,im sorry if i failed to submit the request paperwork to make my purchase
Next time use a Puppet acount!
Nov 04, 2012, 03:23 PM
Trader Rating: 51
AMA District VII AVP
Everyones ethics and morals are different, unfortunately.

I would never ask for a handout, and I do not approve of what has happened here either.

But if those that have received and chose to spend it frivolously, then so be it. There are things like this in the world everyday, that honestly, we cannot do anything about, other than not to be so quick to handout money to them.
Nov 04, 2012, 05:28 PM
Trader Rating: 141
Plane and Heli Abuser
Last time I checked a brain tumor is not covered by Workmans comp. If an employee is covered under an employer short term disability plan then the plan would govern coverage. Workmans comp covers injury while on the job and unless your occupation/employment caused your brain tumor it will not be covered.

IMHO, I see what appears to be cyber panhandling.

I have a debilitating disease of the central nervous system that leaves me in constant pain and pretty much wiped out my retirement savings but I am still alive and there are people that have suffered or are suffering far more so I make the best of my life and try to enjoy the days when the pain is not as bad.

I will live with the kind of person I am and others will live with their actions, good and not so good.
Nov 04, 2012, 05:45 PM
Trader Rating: 377
Krued Up
just for further info,yes i did hurt myself at work...the workmans comp issue is for a seperated shoulder that got at work,while at work,but when i told my supervisor that i hurt myself,he answered ,"take some ibuprophen,you'll b ok."...he didnt report it and that is why i am in the situation with WC.

Quick Reply