SOLD - Intel X-25M 160 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) - $60
- SOLD -
Not exactly RC related, but it will speed up your computer when booting up to RC Groups! :-)
Intel X25-M 160 GB SATA Solid State Drive (SSD) - $60.
Reduce your boot up time and access favorite programs faster by upgrading your operating system/hard drive to an SSD.
Original packaging, mounting hardware, etc. – Excellent physical and operating condition.
For the geeks:
For “normal” folks:
- This SSD was the top of the line (and most expensive/$500) when I got it two years ago.
- I had a hard drive crash that was a pain to recover from and vowed to avoid a repeat by getting a SSD.
- I researched, and Intel was the most reliable SSD – I wanted reliability, so I bought it. (Check the reviews, some cheaper SSDs have had reliability issues.)
- This SSD performs flawlessly (of course! – there’s no moving parts to go bad).
- At 160 GB it has ample room for your operating system and gobs of your favorite programs and games.
- My Windows 7 takes 20.8 GB. I run all my office applications, games, emails and documents I need fast and secure off the SSD – what a pleasure to have SPEED and RELIABILITY.
- Computer boot up time and application pull-up times are FAST.
- Quieter, uses less power, and generates less heat, than a conventional hard drive.
Although the latest generation SSD’s are even faster, most folks won’t see significant improvements under normal conditions with latest (and multiple times more expensive) SSD’s compared to this Intel X-25.
It’s still multiple times faster than conventional electro-mechanical drives – and much, much more reliable.
Why am I selling it? – I’ve gotten so used to the speed (spoiled), and I like to have the newest, fastest greatest . . . so . . . . I upgraded to a 512 GB SSD.
BTW: My new top-of-the-line "Samsung 830" 512GB SSD ($450) only increased my Windows Experience hard drive score from 7.7 to 7.8 (on an 8 point scale). So the X-25M drive I've got for sale is still very fast compared to the latest and greatest.
Last edited by Billbor; Nov 06, 2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Added info
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wanted||WTT Hacker A30 12XL or INTEL 80 gig SSD for DVR.||tconners||FPV Equipment (FS/W)||0||Jun 13, 2012 06:54 PM|
|Cool||Solid State Drive||Treetop||Life, The Universe, and Politics||40||Apr 18, 2012 08:54 PM|
|Discussion||Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB 7200RPM Solid State Hybrid||TravisBean||Life, The Universe, and Politics||9||Jan 17, 2011 01:45 PM|
|Discussion||WTT TITAN 128gb sata2 SSD "Solid State drive"||tconners||FPV Talk||1||Sep 29, 2010 02:01 PM|
|For Sale||Delkin 32GB ExpressCard 34 Solid State Drive||DuaneV||Non R/C Items (FS/W)||2||May 04, 2009 04:54 PM|