Dec 01, 2017, 10:46 PM
Cover with Parklite. Now put the model on the scale.
Cover with Microlite, you can even paint it if you want, which is especially useful for multi-colored schemes. Done efficiently it is still notably lighter than Parklite. I've used both. I realize that some are attracted to opaque coverings, especially if they come in a desired color to be used for a single color scheme, as they look good with no painting. Again though, now put the Microlite covered model on the scale. It will quickly become evident why Pat has used Microlite with these designs. I got onto using it also, and have been able to drastically reduce build structure weight, while still being robust. Reduce the aircraft mass, and things such as light balsa framed tail feathers work fine, even when doing loops etc, that could otherwise be ripped off of a heavier model. The same scenario holds true for wings.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2018, 06:59 PM
Finally!! After a year of on again and off again building, its done. Final flying weight with a 2200mah battery = 2 lbs 4oz

Now it's time to go crash it.
Last edited by EPStutes; Feb 22, 2018 at 07:51 AM.

Quick Reply