Dec 07, 2019, 05:15 PM
jofro
Thread OP
Hi Andy, I'm puzzled, I don't have any experience with multi axis gyros, only single axis in helicopters. The ones you have suggested "AR636 & 637T" are telemetry RXs with in build stabs, not interested in those. I'm hoping to get a simple 2Axis one just for Elevons but it seem there's not such a thing.
The one I have on bench 3/6axis one can also be used as Delta FW but all 6ch have to be connected to make it work, I have only 2ch. (2&3) plus Th.
So I'm worried other multi axis might work the same and don't want another useless gadget in my junk box.
Another problem, it has to be very tiny as I have no room to fit it in this smallest "SSS" model which actually doesn't want to fly after another 4 goes this morn and 15 in total, as it is totally under powered, so my priority now is getting 40-50mm unit to give it few extra calories and worry about the its stability after, Thanks for your tip BTW, Regards and Happy Season Greets.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2019, 06:21 PM
You don't need to plug in all servos. Leave the rudder off. It'll work.

Why not an integrated system?

Andy
Dec 08, 2019, 07:13 PM
jofro
Thread OP
Ordered locally the Dualsky one, to see how it works. Not interested in integrated system in simple 2 mini servo operated model, I was never into telemetry, etc. stuff anyway, KIS is my preference.
Just ordered 40mm , twice the power EDF unit for the "SSS", to see how it goes next. Cheers, J.
Dec 09, 2019, 08:09 PM
Not a problem. I'm just trying to understand the logic behind wanting a bigger, heavier system in a tiny plane. Usually integrated systems are smaller, lighter, faster (which is important at small size due to the laws of physics), and less expensive in the long run.

Andy
Dec 09, 2019, 08:09 PM
Not a problem. I'm just trying to understand the logic behind wanting a bigger, heavier system in a tiny plane. Usually integrated systems are smaller, lighter, faster (which is important at small size due to the laws of physics), and less expensive in the long run.

Andy
Dec 10, 2019, 12:38 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Mate, my logic works just fine, 80+ receivers of every kind is more than enough, I was after Elevon only gyro, if there is such a thing, not an integrated RX.
BTW, any idea if this RX (pic) is genuine Spektrum? (6ch. micro) Just got it this morn but looks different than what I ordered and expected I have in other model. It has pins horizontal, this one in vertical pos.
Just curious.
Dec 10, 2019, 09:52 AM
Looks like a counterfeit. We haven't made that receiver in ages, and lots of counterfeiters are out there selling them (some at OUR prices to make them seem authentic, I suppose). And they like to sell them in those type bags.

Elevon-only is what you get in the UMX Stryker "Evolution." But it's integrated so you wouldn't like it.

Andy
Dec 11, 2019, 12:37 AM
jofro
Thread OP
Thanks Andy, that's what I thought so, of that receiver, definitely not the one I have ordered that was illustrated on the E/bay page.
For a little piddly, "fly it close", it might work I hope after the range tests. Time will tell.
Regards, J.
Dec 13, 2019, 07:36 PM
jofro
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Looks like a counterfeit. We haven't made that receiver in ages, and lots of counterfeiters are out there selling them (some at OUR prices to make them seem authentic, I suppose). And they like to sell them in those type bags.

Elevon-only is what you get in the UMX Stryker "Evolution." But it's integrated so you wouldn't like it.

Andy
Mate, how would you know the difference which is fake and which is genuine? (Pic)
Dec 13, 2019, 10:34 PM
Answered in the cross post thread.

Send it in. Probably fakes if that was the package. Read mawz's reply.

Andy
Dec 14, 2019, 02:33 AM
jofro
Thread OP
No package, one from eBay (L) other from H/King someone gave me yesty as a present, I keep them both.

Quick Reply