Thread Tools
Oct 30, 2012, 02:23 PM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
Discussion

New Talon 90


Hey check it out

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/talon.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
A man with too many toys
Is there a complete list of programming features? Is it like a Thunderbird or like the ICE? Does it have data logging – if yes I hope it’s a lot more than the ICE?


.
Oct 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
Same programming features as the ICE but without data logging.


Steve
Oct 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers
Same programming features as the ICE but without data logging.


Steve
I see that itís low voltage. Ice is 8s Talon is 6s.

Looks like CC is going after the low price market. I wonder how many they will make in that series?

Does it have multi-rotor firmware? It is a little bog for multi-rotor. They need a 35A or 40A version. That would be very popular.


Where did you see that it had the same programming as ICE but with no data logger?


.
Oct 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
Yes it's 3 - 6s and will have all the same functions including multi rotor just no data logging.

I work for Castle & have been testing it since Aug. so I guess I just kinda know lol

Steve
Oct 31, 2012, 04:46 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers
Yes it's 3 - 6s and will have all the same functions including multi rotor just no data logging.

I work for Castle & have been testing it since Aug. so I guess I just kinda know lol

Steve
Is there going to be a whole series of Talon ESCs or is the 90 the only one?


.
Oct 31, 2012, 05:38 AM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
The 90 is the only one that we have in this line for right now.


Steve
Oct 31, 2012, 07:30 AM
Fly,crash,repair,repeat.
neoalchemist74's Avatar
I think the big perk for this esc is that it has an 9 amp continous draw bec with 20 amp peak
Oct 31, 2012, 07:49 AM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
Yes - the bec has been great. Running Align or Savox full size servos which are very power hungry & will even shut down our 10 amp CC Bec (5 amp in the ICE wont even stand a chance) the internal bec in the Talon has ran them flawless on my 550. 2 months on several helicopters including 1 6s Fusion 50 & not one brownout!

Steve
Oct 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers
Yes - the bec has been great. Running Align or Savox full size servos which are very power hungry & will even shut down our 10 amp CC Bec (5 amp in the ICE wont even stand a chance) the internal bec in the Talon has ran them flawless on my 550. 2 months on several helicopters including 1 6s Fusion 50 & not one brownout!

Steve
You would hope that this BEC would find its way onto the ICE ESC's.
Oct 31, 2012, 03:02 PM
Registered User
ForceFedDSM's Avatar
I have been running one also. BEC and ext gov support worked flawlessly. Hope other sizes are coming, especially a HV line.
Oct 31, 2012, 05:54 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers
Yes it's 3 - 6s and will have all the same functions including multi rotor just no data logging.

I work for Castle & have been testing it since Aug. so I guess I just kinda know lol

Steve
Steve any idea why the Error code sequence was changed?

on the ICE series - 3 beeps represents - Over Current
yet on the talon instead of keeping the same 3 beeps, it's been changed to a long tone, and beep

Thanks,

FCA
Oct 31, 2012, 11:31 PM
Registered User
Just ordered one off the CC website...does this need a phase sensor to use ext. Gov. with VBar? Thanks!
Nov 01, 2012, 04:43 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefrog02
Just ordered one off the CC website...does this need a phase sensor to use ext. Gov. with VBar? Thanks!
CC is making a special RPM sensor but I donít know it itís out yet. Did you see it listed on the CC website?

.
Nov 01, 2012, 05:00 AM
Registered User
Does CC Data Link Live works also with it , that we can use telemetry , if yes it would be great if it can output the data of the bec too


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Turnigy Talon V2 - NEW - $49 shipped. 747Pilot Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 Oct 13, 2012 09:51 PM
Sold 4 new Traxxas talon tires. Curt S Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Aug 08, 2012 01:14 PM
Sold Four (4) NEW fully assembled Talon tires & Gemini black chrome wheels 3.8" 17mm The Big One Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Apr 18, 2012 06:55 AM
For Sale Four NEW fully assembled Traxxas Talon tires & Gemini black chrome wheels 3.8" 17mm The Big One Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Mar 27, 2012 09:01 PM