Jul 11, 2018, 03:05 AM
jofro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
I used the spring from the mains with 2 coils cut off & it's perfect & much stiffer.. The Stock spring was useless on my grass field as tits on a bull.. lol
If you can't get a stiffer springs, all it takes is to fit in 8-10mm long dovel to stiffen it up. Simple as that!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2018, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro
If you can't get a stiffer springs, all it takes is to fit in 8-10mm long dovel to stiffen it up. Simple as that!
The spring on the mains with 2 coils cut is perfect for the front strut I have found on my field ..
Jul 25, 2018, 09:59 PM
Thought I'd reactivate this thread ...Put another 3 flts today.. Love how it slows down on Full Flaps for Greasers ..
Aug 19, 2018, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Thought I'd reactivate this thread ...Put another 3 flts today.. Love how it slows down on Full Flaps for Greasers ..
Me too, never thought I would be flying a Yak that's for sure, not one of my favorites but it flies so good I decided to keep it, landings and take offs are the best, never had a EDF so stable on landing, so easy to grease it, I do fly off asphalt and the landing gear and doors have held up very well. Mine has the 4068-1680kv in it and it flies fine, I'm not going to upgrade to 8s, it is a fat pig and flies like it, but hey, it is a big jet all around and it is going faster than some think.
Last edited by SKYBOSS; Aug 19, 2018 at 10:50 AM.
Aug 19, 2018, 03:14 PM
Wow..so jealous of your field..
Aug 19, 2018, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Wow..so jealous of your field..
Thank you but here is the story if you haven't read my other posts. It is RR property and my house is actually right behind me, I can just charge and fly all day if I wanted too, even thought about running an extension cord over to me so I don't have to walk back to my shop to charge my batteries but that might be getting a little to lazy. One day I will more than likely lose this place, the Ca. High Speed Rail is coming through here one of these days and I will lose it, so I enjoy the time that I do get to fly right in front of my house, only thing is, you have to beware of trains coming, once you get used to their pattern and the times they come through I know to be listening for the horn they blow at the crossings, so I get a warning before they appear, I can still fly but it is hard to consentrate when you have a 50-60mph train going by and the turbulance after can cause some very exciting moments if you don't wait 30 seconds or so to let the wind die down. Sometimes I get an hr in between trains or longer, but it is a nice smooth surface to fly from and I don't have to worry about transporting anything or setting up, here is a normal flying day for me sometimes.......

Also, the pictures you see only show 1/4 of where I fly, it is twice as long the other direction but needs cleaning, I just keep my area clean of debris and weeds............
Last edited by SKYBOSS; Aug 19, 2018 at 04:19 PM.
Aug 19, 2018, 04:43 PM
Regardless of circumstances it's still an awesome field.. Enjoy it while you can ..If & when the Rail comes through you'll have a damn noisy backyard ..
Aug 19, 2018, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Regardless of circumstances it's still an awesome field.. Enjoy it while you can ..If & when the Rail comes through you'll have a damn noisy backyard ..
Were used to the noise, I grew up in the house next door to me where my Mom still lives and have heard these freight trains all my life, they shake the house sometimes but the Amtrak is quiet and this new high speed train is supposed to be quiet too, not worried, my other place to fly is only 3 miles away and was a full scale runway at one time so I will just go back to transporting again......
Aug 19, 2018, 05:07 PM
You're spoilt.. hahahaha
Aug 19, 2018, 06:35 PM
jofro
I hear all about those "GREASE ON LANDINGS", but most I have seen so far on this site looks like a "flying pigs landings"!
Aug 19, 2018, 07:04 PM
He sure is...It starts with C and ends with o......lucky guy...Am I close...I'm a nosey bugga..lol
Aug 20, 2018, 03:29 AM
jofro
You are for sure! No foggiest idea what's your post all about, but you can always load up and show off video footage how you grease land this model.
Aug 20, 2018, 03:56 AM
Here is one (@4 min 30 sec) - on a runway, not some open area. Smooth flyer, great handling and control ...

May 1, 2018 (4 min 49 sec)
Last edited by fredmdbud; Aug 20, 2018 at 04:09 AM.
Aug 20, 2018, 06:53 PM
jofro
Just another example, it took him 3 attempts to bring it down like a bag of cement in just about perfect flying conditions and the strip most of pilots only dream off ! Man, I love to see you to land this one on 7X70m rugged grass strip! Is that the only landing you have done with it?

Quick Reply