May 15, 2018, 04:55 PM
Foam addict
Here is a short video of our control throws.
90mm YAK 130 control throws (1 min 10 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2018, 03:55 AM
Beautiful Sunny & Calm day today to get me some Yakkity action..
May 28, 2018, 08:45 AM
Post-Apocalyptic Tactical Cons
Freewing Yak 130 90mm 6S Maiden at TiredIron Aviation

Freewing Yak 130 90mm 6S Maiden (3 min 14 sec)
May 28, 2018, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
Freewing Yak 130 90mm 6S Maiden at TiredIron Aviation

https://youtu.be/XgL4l6jv3P4
So looking for your opinion on the is. I had the same setup and people say its
Heavy and flys like a pig but it looks pretty good to me. Plus I have pavement to fly off of so I don't see were its going to be an issue! Let me know your thoughts.
May 28, 2018, 11:55 AM
Yeah I'm not getting the same results, seems plenty fast on 6S and that takeoff on grass was with no flaps and it sounds great so I don't know if the motor has been changed on these later ones or not. This one has a 12 blade 1700 KV inrunner.
May 28, 2018, 12:01 PM
The manual says 1600 KV, but it actually has a 1700 and the web page says 1700 so maybe the earlier ones had the 1600.
May 28, 2018, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
The manual says 1600 KV, but it actually has a 1700 and the web page says 1700 so maybe the earlier ones had the 1600.
I am running a FMS fan and motor so I will see how that pulls.
Jun 22, 2018, 12:11 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Hi guys

Can someone/anyone kindly give their opinion of the stock oleos/retracts please?
I love the look of them, considering a full set for an edf project that will weigh in at 3-3.5kg TOW
Doing a quick search I read of some retract issues but didn't seem to be prolific problems?
Are the oleos robust enough for general ops? I read some guys flying 8s @ 4.5kg TOW
Thanks ever so
Jun 22, 2018, 12:18 AM
Foam abuser!
I've broken a main support strut on a not-so-hard landing on asphalt. There are areas where it's just plastic without an interior metal piece, and this is where they break. They work ok for normal landings, but I would not call them robust.

Pat
Jun 22, 2018, 01:24 AM
Agreed but the Trailing links work well on Grass absorbing bumps & potholes for normal ops as long as they don't get stressed on that joint .. Don't hit any iron grates on landing..
Jun 22, 2018, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I've broken a main support strut on a not-so-hard landing on asphalt. There are areas where it's just plastic without an interior metal piece, and this is where they break. They work ok for normal landings, but I would not call them robust.
Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury View Post
Agreed but the Trailing links work well on Grass absorbing bumps & potholes for normal ops as long as they don't get stressed on that joint .. Don't hit any iron grates on landing..
Thanks guys, but that line regarding gate hitting had me almost spit my coffee across the room, cracked me up!
And duly noted.

I am surprised they have relied on unsupported plastic portions of the oleos for such a gorgeous scale beauty, and a little weighty at that.
Well, their gear isn't overly expensive so it may well be a punt.
The only other gear worth looking at that I've seen is the F-15c but I'd have to rotate the mains 90 degrees, but looks like it is all metal, also trailing link, but the nose wheel looks small.

Ahhhh, the joys of experimentation...
Jun 22, 2018, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
Thanks guys, but that line regarding gate hitting had me almost spit my coffee across the room, cracked me up!
And duly noted.

I am surprised they have relied on unsupported plastic portions of the oleos for such a gorgeous scale beauty, and a little weighty at that.
Well, their gear isn't overly expensive so it may well be a punt.
The only other gear worth looking at that I've seen is the F-15c but I'd have to rotate the mains 90 degrees, but looks like it is all metal, also trailing link, but the nose wheel looks small.

Ahhhh, the joys of experimentation...
Alpha said way back that he would look into improving that weak link.. Just like checks in the mail .. I always have a spare set.. Just in case.. lol
Jun 22, 2018, 10:55 AM
https://youtube.com/RC4ever
Sit back and enjoy!

MAKS 2017 - YAK-130 Advanced Jet Trainer - HD 50fps (10 min 10 sec)
Jun 22, 2018, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Awesome vid!

I've decided I'll get the all metal trailing link mains from the T-45 and the metal trailing link nose from this Yak 130.
Best of both worlds, all metal and all trailing link.

Many thanks
Jun 22, 2018, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
Awesome vid!

I've decided I'll get the all metal trailing link mains from the T-45 and the metal trailing link nose from this Yak 130.
Best of both worlds, all metal and all trailing link.

Many thanks
The Mains off the T-45 sit very high as opposed to the Yak's .. It sits much higher than the F-15's

Quick Reply