Dec 06, 2003, 07:13 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Thread OP

Creative uses for a sailplane winch

What can you use a winch for when the wind is howling and the snow is falling? Here are my ideas.

Attach a plow to it, carry it to the end of your driveway and clear the snow!

Attach it to the neighbor's trash can and, when they go to bring it in .... launch it!

Tie one end to a tree, hang your laundry on it then pull it tight!

If you and your neighbor each have one, you can connect them together and use them to exchange sugar, milk, whatever.

Put a cat toy on the end. When the cat grabs hold .... ...you know!

Wrap it around your house. Attach your least favorite glider and see how many laps you can complete before it pops off.

After the trash is picked up, hit the pedal and have the winch bring in the cans.

When there is snow on the field, attach someone's ZAGI to the end and use it to clear launch and landing lanes for the gliders.

Tooth ache anyone?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2003, 09:23 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Put the turn around in Nevada . When your mother in law comes to visit during the holidays attach it to her and away she goes, Happy days are here again!!!

Happy Holidays
Dec 06, 2003, 11:12 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
Thread OP
Ha Ha ... oh you are bad ... ha ha!

Actually, after the TAM success, flying the model across the Atlantic, I proposed the idea to my glider club that we should make a trans atlantic attempt from Long Island to Paris, folloiwng the Lindberg route. However we were going to do it with a glider.

I suggested a 6 mile hi-start - 1 mile of 1" tubing and 5 miles of Masons line. Stretch that back 2 Miles and let her rip!

The only hitch was that we can never get the Long Island Expressway clear for 7 miles to get the launch off, so we cancelled the project.

Now, a winch set-up in Nevada.... you guys have a lot of open space. If we set up a 10 mile winch, do you think we could make Paris from Reno?

(where's my pencil and an evelope.....)
Dec 06, 2003, 11:35 PM
I own a WDW, (Winch Doctor Winch, with Real Balls on the Long Shaft).

It can pull stumps, and launch lawn chairs as well as sailplanes.

With winter here, it is handy for getting the sled back to the top of the hill

I imagine Santa uses one to get back up the chimney too.

Quick Reply