Oct 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Ka 6 CR Rosenthal Fräsfritz 1:2,3 6,50 Meter

Hey Guys,

i am from germany. Sorry for my bad englisch, but i am sourching for photos, storys, build details and interesting painting´s.

In germany i have write by RC-Network a build Tread of my Ka6. Look:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...b-1-2-3/page48

I have fly my Ka6 five mounts and at this time my Ka6 was over 30 hours in the air. This was a very nice aeroplane with very good glide ratio and very good thermal performance.

If you have any question, fell free and contact me.

Have a nice Day.

Andreas from Germany
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2012, 08:41 AM
Hi Andreas,

Welcome to RCGroups. Your Ka-6 is outstanding, one of my favorite sailplanes. Can you tell us about the wing construction e.g. obeche over foam, built up, etc. Did you cover the wings...if so what material?

TIA,

Steve
Oct 28, 2012, 10:05 AM
-----
I think it's this: http://www.fraesfritz.de/

Chris
Oct 28, 2012, 10:12 AM
Who can translate the Ka6 pricing options at www.fraesfritz.de?

Steve
Oct 28, 2012, 11:43 AM
Steve! Raw Kit,all part's and Fuse and plans,800 Euro's.Everything built up but not covered or painted 1560Euro's,less 17% Vat if shipped outside of Germany. Steve i really really wished you would not have steered me to this Web Site!! I can't stand it,i want 2 of each,i will not be able to sleep tonite.Man that Sperber made my Heart skip a beat!!!
Let me know if you need more info,i will call him for you.It is no big deal as i call Germany all the time. P.M. me or Post here as there are no secrets "Here" Paul
Oct 28, 2012, 11:49 AM
-----
Yeah, that Sperber Jnr. is nice, isn't it? But, but, but, aren't you building one already ?

Chris
Oct 28, 2012, 11:59 AM
Chris . I did not start it yet!! Ihave 2 projects to finish first.I am looking at getting the spruce for the Sperber.Plus i am waitng for it to get a little colder,cause i can still go Slopeing! I really really like the idea of that Fiber glass fuse though.Man this one is really tempting.Paul
Oct 28, 2012, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
Hi Andreas,

Welcome to RCGroups. Your Ka-6 is outstanding, one of my favorite sailplanes. Can you tell us about the wing construction e.g. obeche over foam, built up, etc. Did you cover the wings...if so what material?

TIA,

Steve
Hello Steve,

this Wing is following constructed. Foam Core with one Layer of Carbon covered over the complete Foam and than with Abachi Wood covered. A Wood Spar give this wing very good stability. The ripps are milled from Wing. You can buy this Wings from Rosenthal Germany. This Wings are produced by Nestler in Germany.

See this pictures: http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...ab-1-2-3/page3

Covered have i this wings with Oracover Foil. At first i have covered the Wood with Oracover "Heißsiegelkleber" for better Foil adhision.

Have a nice day.

Andreas
Oct 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
Paul and Andreas, thanks very much for all the information. Are you saying that for 800 Euros you get a GRP fuselage and foam wings covered with Abachi?

Steve
Oct 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
Thread OP
Hi Steve,

look under this site http://www.rosenthal-flugmodelle.com/

On left hand side you can change the language.

This Ka6 with foam Wings is more expensive. I think 2000 Euro! Please call Rosenthal for aktuel price. Tell him, that you have become this Tip from me.

The Ka6 from Fraesfritz have a attractive price, this ka6 have nice cnc Wings and you must build this.

Have a nice day.

Andreas
Oct 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm a bit confused. What type of fuselage is in the Fraesfritz Ka-6 kit e.g. GRP, built up?

Regards,

Steve
Oct 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
TEAM GORGEOUS
Steve, there are three different versions of the 6.5 m Ka6.....they all use the Rosen GRP fuse....two have the CNC cut all wood wing and the other comes with the foam/ obechi wings.......800 Euro as a straight up kit with the all wood wing, 1560 with the wood wings built but not covered , and 1998 for the foam wing kit ......all come with the GRP fuse. I like the one with the CNC ribs as the pure kit for 800.....not a bad price for a heck of a plane....way better then our K8's. Let me know if you are thinking of getting one....maybe we can save on shipping by doing a "group" buy.

Tom
Last edited by SZD16; Oct 28, 2012 at 09:03 PM.
Oct 28, 2012, 09:14 PM
szd ,has it on the money!!
Oct 29, 2012, 07:27 AM
Tom, thanks for the clarification, PM sent.

Regards,

Steve
Oct 29, 2012, 08:08 AM
"Fly"Fisherman
I have the CNC version from Rosenthal and it is quite nice. Light weight for the size, floats at seemingly full-scale speeds and lands at fast walking pace in a light breeze. The FG fuselage and wing design are the key. Otherwise (besides obvious looks) it is similar to the Phoenix Ka-8 in "normal" performance.
The really nice aspects are the typical robust Rosenthal fuse and the lack of complex internal fuse structure, the well engineered spar system and cnc cut components. Well worth the money and effort for a nice 40% Ka-6.
Asher

Quick Reply